Am I overplanning?

Thanks all! She is a very busy girl, but of course as this is her first time to WDW, we are not sure how she will react. The only thing we have close to us in Canada's Wonderland, which isn't very (small) kid friendly. We have taken her to a bunch of holiday event things and she moves non-stop. The biggest issue I see slowing us down will be convincing her to sit in a stroller.

I definitely respect and envy your level of detail! We took our 2 1/2 year old last December and my 2 cents would be, have your plan but be able to adjust. The crowds and queues can be a lot. I would allow for more time between rides and give yourself time. I hope you have a great trip!

If she likes to walk, give consideration to getting her a leash. I can't say I'm a huge fan of them, generally, but if you have a "Me do it!" kid who wants to walk, they can provide a measure of security. Better to look like a dweeb than to be tearing up Fantasyland, frantically trying to find your child.

Do you all think it is worth going to Disney Springs with a toddler? We have a rest day booked, but I'm thinking of splitting up our Epcot day to do it in 2 half days (one afternoon/one morning). Previously, we had a full day (9-3ish) and a rest day which included Raglan Road.

I don’t know for sure (this is my first go at WDW with kids; we’ve done disneyland with kids but that’s a whole different type of vacation really)... but I will say that we booked the same deal. A rest day in the middle of our trip to include DisneySprings (we’ll boat over) and Raglan Road as well. We got I think a 6 pm at Raglan Road and then I’d imagine we’ll call it a night.

We have a 2 year old, 3 year old and 5 year old and From all I’ve read here, I think Raglan Road will be fun and engaging for them. I know they’ll love the LEGO store as well.

I don’t know for sure (this is my first go at WDW with kids; we’ve done disneyland with kids but that’s a whole different type of vacation really)... but I will say that we booked the same deal. A rest day in the middle of our trip to include DisneySprings (we’ll boat over) and Raglan Road as well. We got I think a 6 pm at Raglan Road and then I’d imagine we’ll call it a night.

We have a 2 year old, 3 year old and 5 year old and From all I’ve read here, I think Raglan Road will be fun and engaging for them. I know they’ll love the LEGO store as well.
We just returned from WDW and spent time in Disney Springs and one of the happiest sights I saw was the children playing in the water fountains I think we were by world of toy. They were in absolute joy. Not the most Disney thing yo do but take a change of clothes and let her let loose. That is if she likes water of course. Have a great holiday whatever you do

I don't see bathroom and snack breaks scheduled.

If you were at home and went to the local playground or kids museum could your kid last that long without either?

As long as you remain flexible once you get there its good to have a plan of attack.

I was at WDW earlier this year with set of twin 2-year olds. Here are two things I observed with them: 1. They LOVED the frozen slushy drinks. When we stopped for one of those, that definitely increased our time between attractions. 2. They LOVED the stage show at MK. Our first day at MK we caught it part way through and they liked it so much that we made sure to find out the start time for the next day so we could see the entire thing. It was so much fun watching them enjoy the show!

We took the approach of planning our 3 fast passes for each day, but knowing that those plans could go out the window. One of the girls liked the body characters, but the other one was very hesitant with them. So, it made for an entertaining experience. :)

Have a great trip!

I've done it both ways. Total babe in the woods and full on spreadsheets to the minute. I'm trying to find middle ground our trip this summer. I have a pretty extensive plan going, but I won't flip if the day doesn't follow the plan. All of our hard times are spaced out and everything in the middle is as firm as setting jello.

Good luck

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter