Am I the only one that is unimpressed with SWGE - where is the juice?

What's your source for this? Several people with actual first hand knowledge paint a very different picture. It is being said that the ride may not be ready on Dec 5 after all. It is not working reliably at all yet.
Disney is still planning on that opening but like I said there still may be some issues even after opening.

When i got WWOHP, I am in Diagon Alley. I'm in the book. I'm in the movie.

SWGE, I'm at Batuu. Okay Batuu? Where is Batuu? Have I seen this somewhere? Why do I care?

It's weird. I seem to have a limited suspension of disbelief (part of why I think I'm awkard around meeting characters) so I personally don't feel like I'm in that different world like anyone else regarding Pandora and WWOHP. I'm too aware that these are essentially large scale sets rather than the real thing. And that's nothing against those lands/worlds. I am still in awe with what they pulled off. I think for me it's going to be the same for Batuu.

I'm going to admire the work done, but in the end, I'm not going to be like "OMG, this was my dream!" That said, I do think that Batuu offers a new level immersion I'm very much game for. It might be the variation needed to differentiate itself from the other lands. I'll still have to overcome that suspension, but years of roleplay gaming I think will help with that.

However, I was listening to the Dis yesterday and they raised a good point. I am that niche market they're catering to and they're going to have to teach castmembers to "read the room" as to who wants to play along XD.

Its not ready to go though like you said. It’s testing yes but it hasn’t to my knowledge run with the consistency needed which is why it still is not open. I’ve heard several rumblings that we may be in for a Hagrid’s situation with this.
Right, it's in testing mode. The scheduled dec 5th is still on. Cm that have been doing crowd control since the land opened will start moving to training on the ride in about 2 weeks

Until Disney (meaning actually Disney) says otherwise, Rise of the Resistance is planned to open on December 5. Anything else is rumor and speculation. As for any issues or concerns, that's all still rumor and speculation, regardless of who you hear it from.

The original idea was to base it on the original movies, then Bob Iger changed the plan.

Last edited:

I'm guessing many have already opined on this, but the departure of Disney's President of Parks (forget official title) is obviously a clear signal that this expensive addition is thus far a colossal disappointment in terms of revenue/attendance. What say all of you who have been to one of the lands?

I'm guessing many have already opined on this, but the departure of Disney's President of Parks (forget official title) is obviously a clear signal that this expensive addition is thus far a colossal disappointment in terms of revenue/attendance. What say all of you who have been to one of the lands?
The Chairman of Parks, Experiences, and Products Bob Chapek is still there. The president of Disney parks and resorts western was Catherine Powell. She has left and according to Disney it was a mural decision in which she wanted to pursue new avenues and Disney wanted to eliminate the position.

The Chairman of Parks, Experiences, and Products Bob Chapek is still there. The president of Disney parks and resorts western was Catherine Powell. She has left and according to Disney it was a mural decision in which she wanted to pursue new avenues and Disney wanted to eliminate the position.

While I don't necessarily believe she was given the axe to due Galaxy's Edge's "failure", nor do I buy this, which sounds like spin. The true is probably more complex.

Mutual break-ups, in business or in romance, don't exist!

There's no shortage of opinion about the lands on these boards, don't know how you could have missed it. Most seem to like it, a few don't.

But, honestly, unless you're a shareholder, who cares if the corporate bean counters think it's a disappointment or not? Just go and enjoy it and don't worry about it.

There's no shortage of opinion about the lands on these boards, don't know how you could have missed it. Most seem to like it, a few don't.

But, honestly, unless you're a shareholder, who cares if the corporate bean counters think it's a disappointment or not? Just go and enjoy it and don't worry about it.

+1

Just a personal observation, Slinky dog coaster had longer lines than the Star Wars Falcon ride. We couldn't find a FP for love or money for that ride. I was able to ride the Falcon ride twice and enjoyed it more the second time. I was an engineer both times and I was a better on the job the second time. Now I want to know what it means that I'm a Marauder? But it sounds cool

If Disney hadn't screwed up The Last Jedi and alienated half of the fan base the opening attendance would have been higher. I'm a diehard Star Wars nerd but have no interest in this new trilogy and thats what the land is based on. If it was based on classic Star Wars, the crowds they anticipated would have been there. I don't care if i ever see it.

I'm not saying its failing because that cant be determined until after ROTR opens but the numbers could have been much better to start if they had any idea what the hard core fans wanted.

On the last DIS Show Kevin made a great point. Its too Star Wars for the casual fan and Not Star Wars enough for the hardcore nerd.

See you guys in Diagon Alley.

If Disney hadn't screwed up The Last Jedi and alienated half of the fan base the opening attendance would have been higher. I'm a diehard Star Wars nerd but have no interest in this new trilogy and thats what the land is based on. If it was based on classic Star Wars, the crowds they anticipated would have been there. I don't care if i ever see it.

I disagree with this assessment because park attendance across the board is down. In order to make this claim you would have to untangle what's the result of overall lower attendance and what's the result of simply no interest in Star Wars. The only way you would be able to do that is if crowd levels of this year were consistently similar to that of previous years, and we know that's not the case.

People keep looking to MFSR as an example because of the RELATIVELY short wait times (60 minutes is still an hour wait when other ride times are lower, and some are even equal). Quite frankly, it's a good thing that the line is "so short" because that means people can time their reservations for Oga's, Savi's, and the Droid Depot. If visitors are standing in line for 3 or 4 hours, there's less opportunity for them to spend. What we really should look at are how full these reservations are getting. These are where the land is going to make its money back. Not from some ride people are standing in for "only" an hour or less. But from people buying a $200 lightsaber, $100 Droid, and $15-$30 dollars in drinks. And given that these reservations are consistently filled (with a few exceptions), they're making their money back exactly where they expected to. Not to mention those that want holocrons, crystals, legacy lightsabers, extra lightsaber parts, etc.

[edit]And I want to add it's not really fair to blame Disney for alienating the fan base when George Lucas already did that with the prequels, and yet the prequels still made bank as are the sequels. So the generalization that Star Wars fans wouldn't care about a Star Wars land just because it isn't OT I find to be quite specious.

Last edited:

I'm not saying its failing because that cant be determined until after ROTR opens but the numbers could have been much better to start if they had any idea what the hard core fans wanted.

On the last DIS Show Kevin made a great point. Its too Star Wars for the casual fan and Not Star Wars enough for the hardcore nerd.

See you guys in Diagon Alley.
I really don't think that first statement is accurate. I understand many classic fans don't like the new films, or feel that the land should be based on the old trilogy. But I think that's nostalgia speaking. I think a big reason the crowds aren't as high as people thought is because Disney scared them away, oddly enough. Leading up to the opening all you would hear about it is how crowded it's going to be, how is Disney going to manage the amount of people, when is everyone going to avoid the crowd, etc. I think them hyping this place up to the level they did caused many people to wait to go. Plus, the main attraction ride, Rise of the Resistance, isn't opened yet. For people that don't go to the parks annually or more than once or twice in a year, they're likely going to wait until all of GE is opened as opposed to just parts of it. Which makes complete sense and I would do the same thing. There are a lot of factors in play when it comes to crowd levels.

I think the land has the right amount of Star Wars for everyone to enjoy, but it's not going to be for everyone. And it is just one portion of a larger theme park.

Wow almost 700 posts and the naysayers still trying, well its not working, continue...............

Wow almost 700 posts and the naysayers still trying, well its not working, continue...............
Lol, haters are going to hate. I stick around because I'm interested in what other people have to say, and unfortunately there's a lot of false narrative or simply inaccurate information that people spread. But many people have already made up their minds without even seeing the place, and decided to not like it before it even opened. That's the most frustrating thing to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter