Am I too pooh-sized for Flights of passage?

I have seen where people advise larger people to try to FP this ride earlier in the day when your legs and feet etc are not so swelled from walking and the heat. There's also videos you can watch of people trying out the test seat out front of Pandora. (almost all body types fit)
It does seem that if you have extremely longer legs or thick calves it may be harder to fit.
A man 5"10 and 300 lbs could ride? Wow that's wonderful! Disney should be thinking of all the football player sized men and make some seats accordingly. My daughter boyfriend is a huge muscular guy...I hope he fits.

From your profile pic, I can't imagine that you'd have a problem! If you read the thread that a previous poster linked, you'll see that one of the biggest issues with FOP is actually leg, foot and calf size. My DH is built like a football player with a size 14 shoe and huge, muscular calves. It was a TIGHT fit around his calf and foot and the CM had to work to lock his leg restraint into place. We saw many people with significant mid-sections who had no trouble fitting at all.

Just don't get sick on the ride or the whole thing will shut down and you'll piss off a lot of guests!

I'm a size 18/20 and I fit easy. I did the test seat and the guy said It would be tight, but on the actual ride I fit super easy, no issue. There was a lady larger than me that didn't fit right away but the CM said don't worry, she just had to manually lock it. She did and it was fine, I think you'll be good :thumbsup2

I just want everyone to know that maybe they've made more adjustments, but went yesterday was able to ride and I am very pooh sized. I am about 5 ft 11 inches, 362 pounds, 49.5 inch waist at hips, 55 inches at belly. Now don't get me wrong, it was a little bit of a struggle to fit, and I was thankful to have a big dude who pushed on the back restraint. That was my only issue. The calf restraints fit fine.

A few tips. #1, I hiked my shorts up as far as they could go. Like it was basically like a speedo. That allowed me to scoot as far up on the seat as possible. #2, once he started pushing, I just kept shimming and scooting and sucking in as much as I could. After about 30 to 45 seconds of that, I heard the magic click and I was on and it was the amazing ride I've ever been on in my entire life.

I hope for you fellow pooh-sized friends you can ride as well. But just wanted to share a success story for all those fail stories out there. Best of luck everyone! Let me know if you have any questions.

I'm the same height/body type and have the same experience riding 7DMT. I fit no problem on FOP.

I'm an 18/20 and I fit. My husband is probably 280-300 and he fit. He's 5'10" It wasn't like spacious but it also wasn't uncomfortable and miserable either. I'm short waisted, that was the worst part.

If you can squat like a boss, I have great faith that you can ride FoP. :)

I was with a group of 7 adults of varying sizes—height and width—and none of us had a problem fitting into the ride vehicle.

I almost threw up, but that’s a different problem. LOL! Have fun! It wasn’t my cup of tea, but many say it’s the best ride in WDW.

I concur. I managed to handle it (I have bad motion sickness), but for me it is a 'one and done'.

Last edited:
I am bybno means small, but I most likely would have fit, except I couldn't get my legs in properly and it would have been very uncomfortable, but I at least tried and know it didn't work.

I am bybno means small, but I most likely would have fit, except I couldn't get my legs in properly and it would have been very uncomfortable, but I at least tried and know it didn't work.

I had leg issues too. I have long legs and didn’t have room to do the tippy toe thing to get the leg restraints to close on the test seat. Not much I can do about leg length, but some day I may try different shoes to see if that makes a difference. I just really like my walking shoes in the park . . . We had a couple other people in our group that didn’t fit for various reasons, so we just hung out at Nomad and enjoyed some beverages while the rest rode.

My sister told me I am too fat to ride Flights of Passage. Does anyone know if this is true? I am 5'5", physically able (I can squat like a boss) I am obese but I have never had problems on any rides at Disney, with the exception of the Seven Dwarves Mine Train (it is a tight fit) But I still can ride. Please advise. Share your expert knowledge.

My sister told me I am too fat to ride Flights of Passage. Does anyone know if this is true? I am 5'5", physically able (I can squat like a boss) I am obese but I have never had problems on any rides at Disney, with the exception of the Seven Dwarves Mine Train (it is a tight fit) But I still can ride. Please advise. Share your expert knowledge.
I am 5’11 and weigh 340 and fit

Your sister is a jerk.

I'm 6-1, 345 and did not fit.

This is my suggestion if you're worried. Don't go with your family if there's a chance you'll be embarrassed. Have to go to the bathroom or something so you're not in front of them if they have to struggle to get you in -- especially since your sister is being a jerk about this. If you don't end up fitting, you might get a FP out of it. But if embarrassment is and issue for you like it is for me, find a way to try the ride without those who might judge you around.

I just want everyone to know that maybe they've made more adjustments, but went yesterday was able to ride and I am very pooh sized. I am about 5 ft 11 inches, 362 pounds, 49.5 inch waist at hips, 55 inches at belly. Now don't get me wrong, it was a little bit of a struggle to fit, and I was thankful to have a big dude who pushed on the back restraint. That was my only issue. The calf restraints fit fine.

Since you mentioned that perhaps they made adjustments, I'm just curious if you had tried to ride in the past and were unsuccessful.

For the OP, all three of my siblings have been unable to ride this attraction on several different trips. For all of them, it was the leg restraints that were the issue. They fit just fine otherwise so I would not be concerned unless you have large legs.

Oh! Are open backed sandals okay or do you need proper shoes for the ride?

Sandals are fine. Many people wear flip flops in the parks and those are fine for riding.

I wonder why they can't add a row that's less confining. It's not as if you are really flying around. My sister was unable to ride because they couldn't push one more notch across her back...she probably could have, but it was already making her uncomfortable, so she passed. I would think that it would be easy enough to consistently fill a "larger" row with a looser restraint system. I know it's optimum to ride with one's family, but it beats not riding at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter