Ambrosia Salad

StaceyA

<font color=006600>Disney fanatic!<br><font color=
Hi there!
I heard that several restaurants in WDW have great Ambrosia Salad, does anyone have a recipe for it?
I used to have the disney world restaurant cookbook and since I moved I can't find it, I was wondering if maybe it is in that cookbook.
I have to make some for a picnic and thought, what better then a disney recipe??
Thanks!

Yes, I have that recipe and that cookbook. I'll post this info. later tonight when I have more time.

Ambrosia Salad - served at the Crystal Palace and Garden Gallery of the defunct Disney Inn

1 C mixed fruit or canned fruit cocktail
1/2 C mandarin oranges
1/2 C pineapple tidbits
1/4 C crushed pineapple
1/2 C mini marshmallows
1/3 C flaked coconut
3/4 C dairy sour cream
1/4 C maraschino cherries, halved
1/4 C canned red seedless grapes
Lettuce cups
Salad dressing, if desired

Drain fruits well. Combine all ingredients except lettuce and salad dressing, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Chill well. Serve in lettuce cups with salad dressing, if desired.

I thought I'd post it here so you could copy and paste and others could have it as well. It doesn't give a recipe for the salad dressing or a name of a specific type. Do you add salad dressing? This sounds good to me, but I'd have to disguise the sour cream or my dh wouldn't touch it.

Thanks alot!
I can't wait to try it!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter