American Idol

vanyel

Mouseketeer<br><font color=db28a5>I like to escape
Anyone want to start up a new idol discussion with the new season? It just dawned on me that we had a thread here in the living room last season or is everyone going to the Community Board for the discussion?

Amy Davis, the first woman voted out, is local. Even so, I agreed wholeheartedly with her boot. So far, I'm waiting to hear about more before committing to anyone but there seems to be some good ones this season!

I thought the girls way outsang the guys. I am certainly liking that darling Australian one though. He is cute AND he sings well.

I was happy to see Amy go. Her performance was just painful. I also didn't really care for either of the guys but I was sad to see Joanna leave. I really liked her.

Should make for an interesting year. I think there is lots of raw talent. I can't wait to watch this week.

DD8 and I watch. We were sad to see Joanna leave. We voted for Brooke and (I can't remember her name) #11. We liked the guys more. My vote went to the Australian guy and hers went to the 17 yr old.

I thought the video from Paula and Randy was just sad...It seemed like a re-hash of the 80's and they just looked old after seeing all of those young performers.

I actually prefer the guys this year. I love the Aussie and the young guy with an awesome voice.:thumbsup2

I actually prefer the guys this year. I love the Aussie and the young guy with an awesome voice.:thumbsup2

Me too! I also like some of the girls but I'm not too sure of names yet.

I only saw the guys and a few of the girls but from what I saw I loved the last 2 guys to perform. The one that did the Doors song and the one with the dreads? Sorry I don't know the names and was too lazy to go online to find out. I will be paying more attention this week and hopefully be more educated on the names next post:rotfl:

I think the guys are much stronger overall than the girls. Some really strange songs this week. DD8 and I voted for Brooke (Carly Simon-ish girl) and for the guys -- DD8 voted for David A, the 17 yr old who went last this week and I voted for David C, #9 this week.

What did you think?

I liked David A. and the Aussie. I also like Carly, Ramiele and Syesha.

I get that Amanda is "different" and all but I just don't think she is right for the competition. I'm hoping she goes tonight.

I still think the girls are better singers. I think they got hit with the flu bug worse than the guys and are struggling because of that. I also don't feel that there are many 70s songs appropriate for female singers that aren't Disco anthems and you saw what they said to Ramiele when she sang one of them. And how does Simon not know Magic Man?:confused3

I was disappointed in the girls this week and I am so ready for Amanda to leave (actually I was ready the first time I heard her). I liked the first girl who sang (Irish, Megan?) and I like others, though not so much this week. The guys - I can't pick right now - I liked some better than others but thought they were pretty good this week. Not too fond of Danny - more his attitude though and I love the kid in dreadlocks!

I did think Kristy did a good job too - I forgot about her.

Anyone surprised that Robbie got booted? He wasn't my favorite, but I thought he was good. The girls.... very surprised that the rocker girl is still here.

I didn't care for Robbie at all so I wasn't surprised. I was shocked that Amanda didn't go though. It's that whole "Vote for the Worst" conspiracy.

I wasn't too surprised either but "Elvira" has got to go!

DD8 voted for Daivd A -- I think she'll vote for him the whole time.

I think David A is great -- but I don't see him as a pop or rock star.

I voted for David Cook, but I liked Michael & Jason this week also.

Did you read about David H former occupation? Interesting. I don't think I can write about here.

Did you read about David H former occupation? Interesting. I don't think I can write about here.

Yes I did....hmmm...

I liked Jason and the Davids. I didn't like Luke Menard or Danny much and I was disappointed in Chikezie. Danny irritates me with his attitude. Oh, and while I didn't love Michael last night, I still like Michael - make sense?

I still love David A.:goodvibes I don't like the guy with dreads, can't even remember his name!
As for the girls, I look forward to hearing them tonight, I still like Carly a lot!:thumbsup2

Who did you vote for?

I voted for Brooke and DD voted for the rocker chick -- Amanda. I was very surprised by her choice.

I'm watching the results show right now and I thought I'd chime in on this thread. I miss about half the episodes since I don't get home from work in time, but I've gotten a good feel for things so far.

I liked Michael a lot from the auditions, but he's kind of disappointed me since. I :love: David Cook. He is so not my style of music usually but I am knocked out with how he reinvents these songs. I'll keep tuning in to see what he does each week!

I love to see what songs will pop up every week and I love how the show brings old songs to a whole new audience. Hallelujah is one of my all time favorite songs, and although I wasn't crazy about Jason's version last week, I loved the fact that he chose it. Right now the Jeff Buckley version is the #1 most downloaded song on iTunes! I loved seeing that!

We'll see who goes tonight!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter