American Idol

yeah its ND week next week. I am looking forward to it, since none of his songs makes any sense! My mother in law really loves him, so I have gotten to know ALL his songs really well and lets just say you really really don't want to see him live! :lmao: Thrusting those old broken hips :scared:

Anyway I am shock about last night. Carly and Syesha were TOP 3 not bottom! Its now all about popularity. Syesha is out next week regardless of how well she does since she doesn't see to have a fan base :sad1:

:scared1:Being the die hard Red Sox fans that we are we loved Sweet Caroline since they play it at the sox games....but then he admitted that he wrote it about Caroline Kennedy and she was only like 10 years old at the time...totally creeped us out, not good!!!!

Being a teenager in the 70s, I do like "some" of his songs but honestly, not too many. and I didn't know he wrote Sweet Caroline about Caroline Kennedy at 10.....:scared1:

Next week should be interesting, to say the least.

I forgot to come over here and post this week. What did everyone think? I think the songs were fine but nothing that just WOWd me. I'm so glad Brooke went home. I think I've decide to cheet for David C to win the whole thing. The only problem with that is he may be forced to do more of an AI album instead of what he's really good at.

Next week should be fun with Rock-n-roll hall of fame. David C should have a good time getting a rock song done right but not sure about the others.

I hope Jason goes next. I loved his somewhere over the rainbow but everything else has been just so-so.

My choice for final two is Syesha and David C out of whose left but Syesha I don't think has the fanbase so it will probably be an all David finally.

I'm glad Brooke went home too. Much as I liked Jason's version of "Somewhere over the Rainbow" and "Alleluia", and as beautiful as he is, he's just been lackluster the last few weeks.

I've been rooting for David C from the beginning, along with several fallen idols - MJ & Carly. But, as Jenny said, he might be better not winning so he has more freedom in his music.

Syesha has impressed me lately and I'm neutral about David A.

I am in the minority. I hated to see Brooke go. She was strongest behind the piano. She reminds me of a Carly Simon type. I have grown tired of Jason and David A. I hope David C wins. Sysehs has done really well the past few weeks but does not have the teenage gril vote to get her much farther.

I am in the minority too- I was not happy to see Brooke go. I have never been a big fan of Jason.

I watched last nights performances this morning. the judges and producers choices always surprise me as they are so boring. I agree with Simon and it being David Cs night. I like that David S tried a more current song but he looked so out of place up there singing it. LOL

So after last night I think it will be the Davids next week as everyone assumed early on.

I found last night kind of underwhelming. No one song knocked me out, although I always love David Cook. I actually went and bought a bunch of his performances on iTunes - I like him that much. Part of me doesn't want him to win the whole thing though because I know he'll be successful regardless, and I'm not sure what the whole Idol machine will do to that first album. Although Carrie Underwood's first album was very strong and not your typical Idol fare, so maybe it depends on the person and whether they have a clear vision/style of their own going in.

I'm dreading the finale with the usual syrupy sweet song they will make them both sing. If David C can do something different with that, then he's really something!

I really think this is the first year that I'm not really cheering on one person. It's just not that interesting this year for me.

I agree, the David's in the finals, and David C the winner...

I know what you mean. I'd like DC to win but then he is more limited in what he can do for an album but for DA may wet his pants if he wins. He's so goofy looking.

The songs in the finally are always bad. I wish they would just let them sing whatever they wanted instead of the sickly sweet winners song.

Is anyone trying to get tickets on Saturday? My mom wants to go and said she's paying if I can get the tickets so I'll be trying at 10.

I agree about a David finale but I think David A might win because of the young votes. David C is my favorite and has been since the beginning but I'd almost rather see him come in 2nd. While I like Syesha, I don't expect her to continue.

Oh, and I also agree about last night - a bit underwhelming!

Part of me doesn't want him to win the whole thing though because I know he'll be successful regardless, and I'm not sure what the whole Idol machine will do to that first album. Although Carrie Underwood's first album was very strong and not your typical Idol fare, so maybe it depends on the person and whether they have a clear vision/style of their own going in.

I agree 100%! :thumbsup2

I want David C. to go home but I don't think I'll get my wish. He's just so boring. In fact, they are all boring. I haven't voted in weeks and don't even really care anymore.

I never actually voted this year. In past years I've voted at least a little bit. I think with the two Davids it might actually be a close contest. Most years its oh so and so is going to win but this year I could see either one. I guess I'm cheering for DC but just because DA gives me the creeps. There is just something about him that is off. DH was laughing last night since he says there is no way that the cheerleaders talked with DA when he was just a regular student and now they were all hugging on him and everything. LOL

So what did everyone think. As for finals I thought it was pretty good. I think that DA will win but his songs were just boring to me but then I'm a DC fan so that could be it. I actually liked DCs winner song. I thought it was catchy and then his Collective Soul song at the end I loved. I did agree with the judges that it probably wasn't the right time to sing it but I did really like it.

I thought DA blew DC out of the water. DC doesn't ever seem to have any feeling when he sings. He always looks so plastic. I was SHOCKED when he cried at the end of his last song because that was the most emotion he's shown while singing this year.

I'm sure DA will win and then will disappear. DC will come in second and end out as a Daughtry clone.

I missed the beginning of last night, but I didn't agree with the judges about David Cook. I also loved the Collective Soul song. I think it really comes down to what kind of music you like in general. I just really don't see the appeal of David A. Of course he has yet to sing a song that I would like normally.

Now, I'm bummed I forgot that the finale was more than just the usual stretched out filler and I missed the beginning again. I like seeing how they pair up the contestants with the celebrities. Bryan Adams! Haven't seen him in forever.

I think it could go either way. I think they both have a core base.

I loved seeing ZZ Top. My 80 year old mother couldn't figure them out.

I missed the beginning of last night, but I didn't agree with the judges about David Cook. I also loved the Collective Soul song. I think it really comes down to what kind of music you like in general. I just really don't see the appeal of David A. Of course he has yet to sing a song that I would like normally.

Now, I'm bummed I forgot that the finale was more than just the usual stretched out filler and I missed the beginning again. I like seeing how they pair up the contestants with the celebrities. Bryan Adams! Haven't seen him in forever.

I think it could go either way. I think they both have a core base.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter