"Amuck, amuck, amuck!" A Pre-TR (link to TR in the first post)

I had so much fun with Tigger one year when we took our video camera. Iwas taping the kids with Pooh and Tigger decided that it was time to be the star. I laughed so much that day.

I thought since this was our last trip as a family for awhile, I'd ask each of the kids to make up a list of the things they each wanted to make sure to do/eat/ride before we left the parks.

Here is what each kid had to say........(not in any order)

~ADAM~
ToT
ride the Sun Wheel
skip Soarin (brat, he knows I love that ride! LOL)
see the pirate show on Tom Sawyer's Island
get a churro
spend time in Innoventions
Autopia
Star Tours
shooting gallery
eat a brownie funnel cake
Toy Story Mania

~NOELLE~
All of us go on ToT (that was because I won't ride it :rolleyes1 but I've done the one in WDW twice )
All of us go on Screamin (won't ride that either anymore, but I have in the past)
See the Aladdin show
eat cotton candy
eat a regular funnel cake with no toppings
eat a churro (can you tell this DD has a sweet tooth!)
go on Thunder Mountain
ride the Sun Wheel
go on Mulholland Madness

~LINDSEY~
ride on Snow White
go on Toy Story Mania
Space Mountain
Thunder Mountain
eat some cotton candy
eat some funnel cake
ride the Pirate ride
go on the Haunted Mansion
Spash Mountain
ToT

~HANNAH~
Space Mountain
Thunder Mountain
The Peach (she means the Orange Stinger. I keep telling them it's not a peach! LOL)
eat some cotton candy (guess we'll be getting cotton candy since it seems to be a popular choice)
Do the drawing (the Animation Studio, she loves learning how to draw different things)
go on the Pirate ride
Roger Rabbit ride
eat a churro

So now I need to make one big list and make sure we do all these things. :thumbsup2 I originally had them make these lists because they were bored and I wanted to give them something to do, but I think it's a fun idea and I might just make one of my own. ;)

ETA: Darn!!! I just checked the park schedule for October and found out that the whole time we are there the Aladdin show, Pirates of the Caribbean, the Sun Wheel and Fantasmic are all closed. :mad:
Guess I'll have to break that news to the kids and let them know there are some things on their list we won't be able to do. :guilty:
(sigh) Then again, I need to remember to just be happy that we get to go at all..... yeah, I need to keep telling myself that.

More pics from last October!!! I just LOVE the Haunted Mansion when it's redone in the Nightmare Before Christmas theme.

DSCF3491.jpg

DSCF3490-1.jpg

DSCF3495.jpg

DSCF3428.jpg

DSCF3427.jpg

ETA: Darn!!! I just checked the park schedule for October and found out that the whole time we are there the Aladdin show, Pirates of the Caribbean, the Sun Wheel and Fantasmic are all closed. :mad:
Guess I'll have to break that news to the kids and let them know there are some things on their list we won't be able to do. :guilty:
(sigh) Then again, I need to remember to just be happy that we get to go at all..... yeah, I need to keep telling myself that.

I hate when that happens. that is the trade-off for going off-season. My kids complained for the whole time that Space Mtn was closed, but then would have a great time anyways. After all, it's still Disneyland!

I hate when that happens. that is the trade-off for going off-season. My kids complained for the whole time that Space Mtn was closed, but then would have a great time anyways. After all, it's still Disneyland!
I hate it too. The ironic thing is, October isn't that much of a slow time anymore. It was pretty crowded last year when we were there.
I think there will come a time when there isn't really an "off season" at all, so no matter when they do closures it will be a big hassle. But they need to be done, so we'll just have to make the best of it. Like you said, it's still Disneyland!!! :yay: And we've been lucky enough to have done those things many, many times over the years.

I just wish it would have been ToT, Screamin and Maliboomer that were closed since I don't go on those anyway.....:rolleyes1 :rotfl:

Love your trip report. We're going in September and I'm bummed because Aladin, Haunted Mansion, and the Sun Wheel are all going to be closed. :( I think they're reopening the haunted mansion on the 26th and if that's the case we'll be able to check it out. ((crossing my fingers)) Keep up the great report.

I'm here too! Always love your reports (and the popcorn man! who's missing AGAIN)

When we go in September the HM and IASW will be closed and I knew it so I will be OK. But my plans are all blown up because the Sunwheel closes the second day we are there so we will be spending at least part of the first day at DCA which I was saving for Saturday because I want pictures from the top of the Sunwheel.

Love your trip report. We're going in September and I'm bummed because Aladin, Haunted Mansion, and the Sun Wheel are all going to be closed. :( I think they're reopening the haunted mansion on the 26th and if that's the case we'll be able to check it out. ((crossing my fingers)) Keep up the great report.
Well hi there! Thanks for stopping in.

Doesn't it suck that those things are closed???? I know you have some first timers in your group and I'd have loved for you to have taken them on the Sun Wheel's sliding cars. :rotfl: (I know, I'm bad....:stir: )
And the Aladdin show would have been something the whole group would have loved. Oh well, it's just all the more reason to go back in the future right? ;)

I do hope that Haunted Mansion opens up for you though. The Nightmare Before Christmas overlay is great.

I'm here too! Always love your reports (and the popcorn man! who's missing AGAIN)
Hey Cheryl! Thanks for coming by!! Oh, and sorry but the popcorn guys with me. popcorn:: :rolleyes1 We're hanging out here in Vegas, partying on a Saturday night. :banana:

Okay, so we aren't really partying........more like DISing, but that didn't sound as cool. :rotfl:

When we go in September the HM and IASW will be closed and I knew it so I will be OK. But my plans are all blown up because the Sunwheel closes the second day we are there so we will be spending at least part of the first day at DCA which I was saving for Saturday because I want pictures from the top of the Sunwheel.
The Sun Wheel will give you some great views. Are you going to brave one of the sliding/swinging torture chambers?? :eek:

The Sun Wheel will give you some great views. Are you going to brave one of the sliding/swinging torture chambers?? :eek:

I have avoided it is the past, but I told DH that I think I "might" try it this time.

I have avoided it is the past, but I told DH that I think I "might" try it this time.
Good for you!! You should. I've been on the swinging ones twice, both times screaming at the top of my lungs with each swing. :scared1:

BUT at least I can say I did it. (and I never have to do it again) :rotfl:

Good for you!! You should. I've been on the swinging ones twice, both times screaming at the top of my lungs with each swing. :scared1:

BUT at least I can say I did it. (and I never have to do it again) :rotfl:

That's my thoiught. This trip I plan on doing all the rides I usually sit out with our oldest daughter or my Mom. So I will be riding TOT too.:eek:

Well, looky here! It's a box. From Disney no less..... I wonder what's in it? :rolleyes1

DSCF5210.jpg

No fair to leave us hanging-what's in the box???

I just love your Halloween pictures of Disneyland. Last year we went in November so we missed the Halloween decorations and we were too early for the Christmas ones. The last time I was in Disneyland in October they didn't decorate or celebrate like they are now, so this will be brand new for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter