An Adventure into Walt's Wonderful World-a pre-trip report New 12/17

Great view from your room!

This is my favorite pic of the day :worship: :worship: :worship:

Johnny Depp's hand & feet print in front of Grauman's Chinese theatre
dayoneabd004.jpg

I'm so bummed that we didn't have time to check out Hollywood/LA on our trip - but I guess that just gives me an excuse to go back!

I'm all caught up now Mel after being at WDW. I can't wait to hear more! I'm so excited for you!:goodvibes

Thanks for posting the Rick story. How cool is it that you are included in the album pics? Wow!

I know you are having a great time right now, and I am among the many who cannot wait to hear about it!

Cheers!:)

Oh man, it's been about 10 years since I was last at the Griffith Observatory, and to this day, I still can't look at that place without getting nauseous. It's just TOO high up for my liking!

It looks like you're having lots of fun! I love the quote from the actress, that's cute and reminds me of early Hollywood where all your dreams could come to life!

I'm looking forward to hearing more about your trip. :goodvibes

ha! smoogy.

:lmao:

That is one FINE view! :wizard:
Yes it has been great to see the Hollywood sign everywhere.

I'm glad you're staying safe!:thumbsup2 What a view! I love that Hollywood sign! Hope you have a great day tomorrow!:cool1:
We have had a GREAT day Tammie!!!!

Great view from your room!

This is my favorite pic of the day :worship: :worship: :worship:

I'm so bummed that we didn't have time to check out Hollywood/LA on our trip - but I guess that just gives me an excuse to go back!
Glad you liked the Johnny Depp pic. Who needs excuses???????????

I'm all caught up now Mel after being at WDW. I can't wait to hear more! I'm so excited for you!:goodvibes
Glad you are here & caught up Jenn....hope you had a great trip.

Glad to see you're having a good time!!!!!

Woohooo!!!
Woohoooooooooooo this trip is amazing.

Thanks for posting the Rick story. How cool is it that you are included in the album pics? Wow!

I know you are having a great time right now, and I am among the many who cannot wait to hear about it!

Cheers!:)
You are most welcome. I don't have to be talked into it too much to talk about my Rick.

Thanks for checking in! Looks like the trip is off to a great start. :)
It's been AWESOME so far Beth.

Oh man, it's been about 10 years since I was last at the Griffith Observatory, and to this day, I still can't look at that place without getting nauseous. It's just TOO high up for my liking!

It looks like you're having lots of fun! I love the quote from the actress, that's cute and reminds me of early Hollywood where all your dreams could come to life!

I'm looking forward to hearing more about your trip. :goodvibes
Oh yeah Wendy........it is high up there. I got a little queasy looking down from the observatory.
More to follow.............

So today was incredible.
Here's a picture of the Disney soda fountain & El Cap taken Tues night.
daytwoabd006.jpg

We started out with breakfast at the Disney soda fountain.
Then we toured the El Capitan theater which was beautiful & amazing & I am so glad that the Disney company decided to restore this beautiful old movie palace.
This picture was in their walk of fame of Roy Disney Jr accepting his Dad's star on the walk of fame.
daytwoabd061.jpg

Next we toured Jimmy Kimmel live studios. No photos there as it was a working studio, but it was cool to see.
Then we headed to Jim Henson studios. AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!
daytwoabd117.jpg

We had a surprise visit to Walt Disney's barn at Griffith park. I had a misty moment here. It was incredible.
daytwoabd177.jpg

Then it was back to the hotel & we went exploring on our own. We went to the Roosevelt Hotel where Marilyn Monroe lived in one of the bungalows overlooking the pool area.
daytwoabd204.jpg

Here's the Walt Disney Studios as seen from our tour bus...where we will be going tomorrow.............yippee.
daytwoabd184.jpg

More tomorrow if I am not too tired. We start bright & early at 7am.

Hey! The Disney Studios! Now you're in my old stomping grounds. For 7 years I lived about 5 minutes away from there. :) Have fun!!! :wizard:

Thank you so much for doing a live report

great to hear you are having a good time
Is there many in your group

Hi Melanie!

Great pic of the bungalows/pool Hollywood glamour... Maybe you can catch Rob at the Hotel Marmount (SP??). Or more likely up here in Portland where they'll be filming soon! :cloud9:

Are you going to fill in the details of the barn later? I hope so.... but thanks for sharing your trip along the way. You are too kind to us!

Love the Rick Springfield story! I wasn't really a super fan - I chose not to be star struck in those days - but I still love a good fan story! How cool that you made it onto the "album jacket!"

I'm jealous! Stop having fun without me! ;)

I'm happy to see you are enjoying the sights and having a great time! :goodvibes :thumbsup2

I'm jealous! Stop having fun without me! ;)

I'm happy to see you are enjoying the sights and having a great time! :goodvibes :thumbsup2
It has been so incredible.

Love the Rick Springfield story! I wasn't really a super fan - I chose not to be star struck in those days - but I still love a good fan story! How cool that you made it onto the "album jacket!"
Yeah for Rick. :woohoo: & :welcome:

Thanks for sharing your magical day, Melanie! I can't wait to see your full TR!:worship:
You are welcome. I am having a blast.

Hi Melanie!

Great pic of the bungalows/pool Hollywood glamour... Maybe you can catch Rob at the Hotel Marmount (SP??). Or more likely up here in Portland where they'll be filming soon! :cloud9:

Are you going to fill in the details of the barn later? I hope so.... but thanks for sharing your trip along the way. You are too kind to us!
I promise to fill in all the details when we get home!!!!

Thank you so much for doing a live report

great to hear you are having a good time
Is there many in your group
We have a group of 24 Jackie. It is a good group of people & we are having a great time with everybody.

Yay for the Walt Disney studios! How awesome! Hope you're having fun there today!
The Studios was amazing.

Hey! The Disney Studios! Now you're in my old stomping grounds. For 7 years I lived about 5 minutes away from there. :) Have fun!!! :wizard:
How cool that you lived so close by. I have lots of great things to share about the Studios.

Sorry for the stop in the pictures/updates. Since we really started the Disney portion of this trip we have been going non-stop & there just hasn't been time. We have been meeting at 7am & going until 11 or 12 at night. I really wanted to be able to do more live updates, but I don't know if it will happen or not. Maybe tomorrow night after the tour is over & we are just on our own.

I will say it has been so incredibly magical & beyond my expectations.:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

See ya'll real soon.

I've finally caught up again with your report!! Everything sounds so amazing. What a wonderful trip planned!!

Can not wait to hear more!!!!!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

I am so penciling this ABD tour into my book of things to do one day! Wow you have gotten to see/do so much and you've only been there a few days! I'm very impressed! Can't wait to hear more!!!

Melanie!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is great.. so glad you are having such a wonderful time! I can't wait to see if you made it to the sign! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter