An Alphabetical, (Flower and) Garden Variety TR- V is for: Vida la Tucson! TR COMPLETE! (3/14)

OH yes, just like that. :laughing::rolleyes:
knew it
I guess I didn't want to risk being demoted. I could have phrased it, "is there another NEMO or CARS room available". Admittedly, I was NOT thinking very well or clearly on this trip.
Exhaustion + pain will do that.
I try to get shots that are a bit out of the box.
you succeed very well at that. :)
Beep, beep, beep... OMG, those beepers are LOUD on those things! (Yes, you simply back out)
:laughing:
Hindsight.... Um, er... is it okay to say "is 2020" anymore?
Nope!
Well, going into a park for the first time on a trip does produce that certain "glow". ;)
::yes::
Well, there is a story there. SHE did call ahead and asked specifically if they had K-cups in the room. They told her no, so she didn't bother to bring hers. Turns out, there WAS one in there, which would have solved all her coffee issues. She was NOT happy.
:sad2: Oh brother. Thanks Disney CM who doesn't know about their own hotel.
It's a TINY little fountain with no significance compared to FON. So sad.
Really? That's pretty disappointing. :(
That would be clever! "NEWS from All Directions" for a name!
I want royalties!

This is us! Another reason we need to tour together!

YES!!!!! For SURE!!!

Andi loves doing this thank goodness! We have had such wonderful conversations with the CM’s in here and of course we have made friends with the eels and the rock fish! Need to talk to these creatures each trip. We even watched an actual feeding in 01/20 and that was so cool 😎

HAHAHA! Fish are friends, not food!

Well until I"m hungry. But how neato! Was it feeding ALL the fish or just an eel tank, or?

Uhh I’m sorry but your IPhone pictures are really good, certainly outshine mine and I have the IPhone 12, certainly can tell the photographer in you with your pictures!

Aw, thanks, Sweet Friend. I do love to capture what my eye sees as an art form. :)

Oh no that stinks. Motion sickness is evil! I hate to say it but I am starting to have twinges of it the older I get, yuck! Like my patients always say to me (bless them, they are close to 100 most of them), :rotfl: don’t get old honey nothin good about it!

Ain't that the truth!! My dad always says, "If something doesn't hurt when you get out of bed, you're probably dead." I'm starting to live that. :sad:
I hate the plexiglass and I have read it has returned on some rides again!
UGH, just no. :(
We skipped it this year, I do remember feeling close to Again you should advertise for IPhone very nice pictures

LOL!! I have thought about putting some up on a stock site, but never thought they were of that caliber. Although I have a friend who does that for royalties and her most used photo is literally of a dog on the street. LOL!
Beautiful pictures, I have noticed so many more butterflies and bees 🐝 this year at home! I wonder if it is because we have had such a hot summer!

Who knows!!! But that is definitely good news!! I know they are kinda in decline and that is scary!
It was so nice to just run into you two, funny how I ran into Kari twice in big old WDW! We just got drinks from this booth. I did enjoy the honey wine and Andi had the boozy shake?? She had a big gulp of vodka, yuck! We even mixed it really good.

It's always fun to have chance meetings like that. I got some honey wine once years ago at the Ireland booth at F&W and it was good! I don't get toooo many drinks at the Festivals because they price gouge. Better to get a (much) bigger glass of wine with dinner.

Yikes!! But I'd prefer a gulp of vodka than not enough to make a bee get buzzed.

I loved this, had it in June! Your description is perfect

It's always hard to come up with creative ways to describe things!
You and me both 10/10 so yummy. I was bummed it wasn’t there in June, I really wanted this again! I grow rhubarb here and have made rhubarb crunch and a rhubarb/strawberry cake but no one else likes it here so I don’t make anything anymore I just give my rhubarb away!

I had some in my old yard and could hardly ever use it all up. Might try to grow some in my new place. :) Love it!!
Oh no, I am sorry to hear that. This virus keeps disrupting all of our lives, will it ever improve, I sure hope so!!
I am starting to wonder if no, it won't. Or if we'll come to the collective conclusion that we will simply have to come to terms with living with it, as destructive as it is. There seems to be no balance with it. Open and more cases, or closed and less of what we love to do.

We have asked for a front row and so far, have always gotten one.

I usually do for almost all rides and I have no idea why I always seem to forget to here. I was told though when I asked at Soarin' that they aren't allowing people to request right now "due to Covid". I hear that a lot now everywhere.

I love the piano lady. The watermelon salad is my favorite dish at Flower and Garden and lucky for me it is located in the festival center. :)

It is a favorite of mine too and I could have sworn I got it this trip, but I have no photo of it! Weird!! I'd say the booths in there have equally as nice of choices as Food Alley.

I hope everything goes well for your daughter-in-law and the family. That is very scary news.

I think she is doing okay. Not great, but not really horrible either. She says fatigued and very occasionally SOB but not badly. Thank goodness. Due date is in 2 days. I was mistaken in my first post. Induction on the 9th and the evening of the 9th is when her 10-day quarantine is over.

I think they frown on people fishing there. Just sayin'.
I dunno, I"m sure they serve quite a lot of that fish everyday. I mean, otherwise what's the point? Someone has to do the fishing!

Agree. The aquariums are the real star here... and I suspect most people do the ride and may not even know there are aquariums!

I would venture to guess you are absolutely right.

Given a choice, I prefer to be in the tank. :rolleyes:

OH, that I DID know about you. Wonder if they'll ever bring that back.

Even with a good camera and fast lens, it's next to impossible.

This is a truth-ism.

Really like this one.

Thanks, I think it was my favorite of the trio as well.

Oh, really! I didn't even know there was such a thing.

https://ahsgardening.org/gardening-resources/master-gardeners/

Several hours????? :faint:

Yep, it was pretty extreme.

Whoa... did my imagination take a turn when I saw this.
First, however, kudos on getting the shot with the ride and riders as well.

I like this one too. I am not one, as you know, to love "people-y" pix but this one is nice with the added context.

But... I first saw the fish and thought "They kinda look like piranha." (they aren't) Then I saw the CM doing something and first thought was "feeding"... So...

"All right kids. See this mouse in my hand? If you don't make your parents buy you at least $500 worth of souvenirs, this mouse goes in the piranha tank. <drop> Too late! Muahaha! Now it's $700. And if not... Mickey's next."

:lmao:

Disney's best extortion project yet!

"Hey parents, if your kids don't get ya, our resort prices or the piranha tank will!"

I've been in there and I don't recall it being that bad. Maybe that was on a particularly cold day.

Maybe? I cooked.

:scared::scared::scared:

That's quite a bit, considering St. Francis died in 1226 and the first photo wasn't taken until 1814.

See how patient he was?!!! Waited almost 600 years for that photo!

Pretty and ready to fly?

Old with tattered wings.

Nice quick little DIS meet. :)

It was quick but we did see more of each other in a bit.

Or... that person and you have the same tastes. :rolleyes1

Or that. ;)

Wait. What was all that about "And because I really dislike anything to do with backtracking "

Hmmmm?????

Well, except when I do.

But I try not too. I can't help it when they suddenly open my favorite ride in a park all of a sudden!

Oh! I haven't seen her in a while. Nice you got to meet up. :)

It was really nice to see her again. :)

Why? (Apart from margaritas)

I'll bet she was tired of my enthusiasm and prattling.

High praise indeed! Maybe I'll have to look up that recipe too!

Let me know if you do. I won't be cooking again now until I get moved and settled. So approximately the first week of October. My kitchen is all packed up, I'll be on the road for 3 weeks at least, then traveling, and Disney, and moving, and, and.....

I'm sorry to hear all that. I hope everything will turn out okay and everyone will be healthy and happy.

I"m sure it will. But thanks!

I dunno, I"m sure they serve quite a lot of that fish everyday. I mean, otherwise what's the point? Someone has to do the fishing!
From The Land... yes. From The Seas... no.
OH, that I DID know about you. Wonder if they'll ever bring that back.
<sigh> Who knows. :confused3
I had no idea. Cool!
I like this one too. I am not one, as you know, to love "people-y" pix but this one is nice with the added context.
::yes::
"Hey parents, if your kids don't get ya, our resort prices or the piranha tank will!"
Either way, you're paying through the nose at Disney.
See how patient he was?!!! Waited almost 600 years for that photo!
That's why he's a saint. Patience is a virtue, you know.
Old with tattered wings.
Nah. I've met you.
Well, except when I do.
But I try not too. I can't help it when they suddenly open my favorite ride in a park all of a sudden!
Good reason for backtracking. :)
I'll bet she was tired of my enthusiasm and prattling.
I meant why Mexico in particular... aside from Margaritas since she was looking for food?
Let me know if you do. I won't be cooking again now until I get moved and settled. So approximately the first week of October. My kitchen is all packed up, I'll be on the road for 3 weeks at least, then traveling, and Disney, and moving, and, and.....
busy, busy, busy...
I'll let you be the judge. :/
If I ever get back there. :sad2:
Hey! I made that up! :snooty: :laughing:
But I gave you the idea. ;)

I really wanted to see the butterflies. Hate that I missed them, but your pics are lovely. Best wishes and prayers for good health for the family and new baby! :hug:

From The Land... yes. From The Seas... no.

I thought we were talking about the Land. That's where that tank with Mr. Fish Lips was from!
<sigh> Who knows. :confused3

There are other just as lovely places to dive. :) I think you'd enjoy the Keys.
Either way, you're paying through the nose at Disney.

Always.
That's why he's a saint. Patience is a virtue, you know.

I am no saint. LOL!! Although my patients at times try mine.
I meant why Mexico in particular... aside from Margaritas since she was looking for food?

I guess cuz she went left and she might have been in search of something gluten free. Mexico uses a lot of corn-based food, so maybe that was her rationale? Might have been chance and she just went that way?
But I gave you the idea. ;)
Oh fine, be that way. ;)

I really wanted to see the butterflies. Hate that I missed them, but your pics are lovely. Best wishes and prayers for good health for the family and new baby! :hug:

They are fun to see flit around but never sit still long enough to get photos of without being very patient and broiling.

I hope to talk to them tonight or tomorrow. Baby should be here soon!

I thought we were talking about the Land. That's where that tank with Mr. Fish Lips was from!
You had said "the logical next stop was to fish for a little fun over at the Seas. "
There are other just as lovely places to dive. :) I think you'd enjoy the Keys.
I dunno, to be honest.
I am no saint. LOL!! Although my patients at times try mine.
That's like that Monty Python sketch.
Monty Python - Me Doctor - video Dailymotion
I guess cuz she went left and she might have been in search of something gluten free. Mexico uses a lot of corn-based food, so maybe that was her rationale? Might have been chance and she just went that way?
Possibilities are endless!
Oh fine, be that way. ;)
I'll split the royalties with you. We'll clean up.

By now, things were going much better, mentally and a bit physically too. With the scooter I was able to get places without having to walk (much)

That's how it works for me. Although I'm starting to get back to the point where I might not use the scooter for certain Disney visits now. My stamina seems to be building back up after a year of slothness.

when you’re with someone who’s never been, you do all the things.

That's the general idea!

I was anxious to have Marcia experience Living with the Land as she and her hubby are certified Master Gardeners.

I've never heard of this. Then again I've never heard of a lot of things.

I don’t think she nor I realized just how easily she gets motion sickness.

This completely changed the entire strategy and dynamics of the trip moving forward.

I do think she enjoyed the ride while she was on it, but for several hours afterwards she was just feeling really punky.

This is sad, and I suppose a problem going forward.

The first kiosk we visited was the Flavor Full Kitchen where I got the same salmon and baby veggie dishes I got the year before. Sooooo soooooo good.

Fran really enjoyed this when we had it!

I did eat all of the cheesecake.

I know we both enjoyed this....

today I was disappointed as they weren’t working. Or at least they didn’t generate avatars for us for the end of the ride.

It seems that they only work 50% of the time for me.

And while I don’t know what Marcia ended up with, I made quick work of these little beauties:

Beef Brisket Burnt Ends and Smoked Pork Belly Slider with Garlic Sausage, Chorizo, Cheddar Fondue, and House-made Pickle – $7.50

Warm Asparagus for $5.25.

Hibiscus Lemonade Cocktail featuring Islamorada Brewery & Distillery Hibiscus Gin (new) – $11.00

Strawberry Rhubarb Upside-down Cake served with Creme Fraiche Whipped Cream for $4.75

That's a lot of food fod your to eat by yourself!

On a side note, I found out today that my son and his household have the virus.

Oh no! I hope that everything works out OK! I hope you keep us posted!

To All Who May Be Interested…

I started a new Pre/TR for my upcoming Big, Mega Move across the US for my re-settling in Kentucky ending with my WDW 50th Anniversary trip!

I’ll share all the planning and getting ready-ings as well as some live updates and photos along the way. It will “magically” turn into a bona fide TR once I get back and moved in. :)

Of course there is a ton left on this TR! We’re just getting started here!

Here for this one too, and caught up. Before my mom passed, her 2nd knee replacement failed and then her revision failed. I know what your mom was going through and it sucks.

You had said "the logical next stop was to fish for a little fun over at the Seas. "

Well, there is "fishing" and there is "fishing". Fishing for fun is more fun, fishing for fish is messy and stinky.
LOL!! I'd never seen that before. Those guys were so funny!!!

I'll split the royalties with you. We'll clean up.

I kinda love this plan. We could take over the world!!!!

That's how it works for me. Although I'm starting to get back to the point where I might not use the scooter for certain Disney visits now. My stamina seems to be building back up after a year of slothness.

Good!! I know we've all let our health decline through this, so it's good to be up and out again!
I've never heard of this. Then again I've never heard of a lot of things.

Master Gardeners are folks who've gotten a certificate after a long series of classes and seminars. It's actually a pretty rigorous program!
This is sad, and I suppose a problem going forward.

Yes, very much.
Fran really enjoyed this when we had it!

I super love that booth. The other one I really enjoy is Coastal Eats and Food and Wine.
It seems that they only work 50% of the time for me.

I wish they'd update that technology or fix what they have!

That's a lot of food fod your to eat by yourself!

It was!! I was soooo stuffed!!
Oh no! I hope that everything works out OK! I hope you keep us posted!
I don't think you're on my FB feed anymore. But have been sharing photos and mentioned that Daddy checked into the ED with Covid symptoms right after baby was delivered. He had shortness of breath and pain. I haven't heard an update since Sunday though. I'll post more as I know it! :)

Here for this one too, and caught up. Before my mom passed, her 2nd knee replacement failed and then her revision failed. I know what your mom was going through and it sucks.
That was a lot of work!! You're awesome!

Knee surgeries are not fun. AT all! And when they go badly, as some do, it's really bad. My mom had a PE, it got infected, she got C. diff in her rehab place, and some horrible depression from it all. Such a tough road!! My heart was breaking and I know you can relate. I hope I never have to go through that!

That was a lot of work!! You're awesome!

Knee surgeries are not fun. AT all! And when they go badly, as some do, it's really bad. My mom had a PE, it got infected, she got C. diff in her rehab place, and some horrible depression from it all. Such a tough road!! My heart was breaking and I know you can relate. I hope I never have to go through that!

We went through c-diff with her too. It was 2 years of in and out if hospitals and rehabs and heaven help everyone if they didn't have the hallmark channel. I wrote it into her eulogy but she actually called her insurance once to change rehabs and when they asked why, her only reason was that she wanted one with Hallmark. That request was denied. 🤣

We went through c-diff with her too. It was 2 years of in and out if hospitals and rehabs and heaven help everyone if they didn't have the hallmark channel. I wrote it into her eulogy but she actually called her insurance once to change rehabs and when they asked why, her only reason was that she wanted one with Hallmark. That request was denied. 🤣
OH man!! While I definitely AM sorry for the loss of your mom, I did find that pretty funny! She certainly had her priorities and made them known!!! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter