An extra night stay for Sunrise Safari?

GenePA

<font color=blue>Poor old, gimpy, lyme disease rid
My wife and I have stayed at AKL concierge before and have gone on the Sunrise Safari.....and really enjoyed everything about it! Our next trip, we are staying at our favorite resort, the BWV in a one-bedroom suite. My wife wants to go one day earlier than we have planned and stay at AKL concierge for one night......a Friday night. With that, we would have an opportunity to go on the Sunrise Safari again.....but this time, our 16 year old son and 11 year old daughter would be with us to experience. Our daughter is just 'animal crazy' and would love the safari and watching the animals at the lodge.

What I am struggling with, is this worth the extra day/money for you? Not only an extra nights stay in a concierge room, but the price for the safari, an extra day of food, and an extra days ticket into the parks. If we do it, we won't take a day away from the Boardwalk portion of the stay.....at least not yet. Just curious if anyone else would do this or do you think it is a crazy idea?

If you can handle the extra $$$, I don't think its crazy at all!

What is the sunrise safari, how much does it cost and can I go on it if I'm staying at another resort?

Well, if you're crazy for thinking it, then we are crazy for doing it :D !!!

We added a weekend on to our Decembers OKW trip... We stayed two night at the AKL concierge & we did bring our children on the safari, they are 4 & 6... They really enjoyed it & so did we. If you can afford the $$$ I'd say do it...

Monte, the sunrise safari is only for AKL Concierge guests & leaves the resort early in the morning twice per week... You take a bus over to the Safari ride at AKL & go on a 1 hour safari, we saw some incredible sights on our safari... Both Lions were awake & playing with their respective goodies... what a sight!! After the safari we were treated to a private breakfast... I don't remember the cost, it was substantial, I want to say for 2 adults/2 children it was around 125.00...

I think it's worth it too! Much cheaper than a trip to Africa! And the kids will love it!

The cost of the Sunrise Safari is $39.50 pp. Unknown how much for children. Also if your daughters loves the animals then the Backstage Safari is also worth taking. We did both this last january and we loved it. I have a feeling you will also love it.

As our goal is to stay at all the Disney resorts, we have desided to stay one night at AKL in order to do the Safari at the end of each trip.

We've been twice now and they just get better.

Lori

5/1997 Off site, 2/2000 Off site, 2/2001 Poly, 10/2001 POFQ, AKL & Magic, 1/2002 ASMo & AKL

You could just get a room only and save the extra $, as you know the resort is awesome to relax in. We did 4 days and never went to the parks!:) You are not crazy by any means, says the pot to the kettle!;)

You could save a lot of money by not buying park tickets for that day and just enjoy the resort you are already spending a lot of money on. This would save you $200.00 and you should all be happy!:)

And if you really love your children you'll do it for them. If you don't stay the extra night and do the Sunrise Safari, you are just a mean old Dad.

(BTW, fellow DISers, I'm his DW) ;)

The breakfast buffet after the safari is so huge that you probably wont want to eat again until dinner. So that's a few bucks saved! And if you were planning to go to the Animal Kingdom park anyways, just consider Saturday your day to do that and schedule a pool day when you're at BWV.

If I had to take a day off the back end of our trip to afford this, I'd do it.

Liz

AKL/WL (11/01)

You probably know this but you do need park tickets for the day you go on the Safari. They checked ours the morning we left for the Safari. They activate most types of tickets for the day so you don't have to leave and re-enter the park after breakfast. They could not do that for annual passes, however.

monte,

The Sunrise Safari is for AKL Concierge guests only. Sorry. You get to take the Safari before the rest of AK opens. They give you a lot of info and they go slow so you really get a good look and pictures of the animals. After you get a fastpass to go back during the day. You also get the best breakfast buffet ever. IMHO.

If I could afford it, I would definatley go a day early just for the safari.

***********, You scared me at first. I thought there is going to be some trouble now. Funny.:D

Yeah, that Suite Disney is a 'real kidder'.....though she probably means it....ha-ha (I think)! Thanks for your thoughts and I guess I'll see if we can add the day to the front of our trip to make the safari happen. Wait, better yet, I'll let Suite Disney check to add the day to the front of our trip....since she does that so much better than I do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter