And here's your first ticket price increase . . .

I'm trying to buy an annual pass but (surprise, surprise!) Disney's IT is being glitchy. It tells me to select a person, which I do, and then it tells me I have to enter in birth date, address, etc. which they already have. Anyways, in the end it won't accept my Canadian postal code even though I have my country as Canada... I have tried Safari and Chrome incognito. So annoying! Will have to try to call when I get home from work. You can purchase APs over the phone, right?

There is no change in the AP price

I'm trying to buy an annual pass but (surprise, surprise!) Disney's IT is being glitchy. It tells me to select a person, which I do, and then it tells me I have to enter in birth date, address, etc. which they already have. Anyways, in the end it won't accept my Canadian postal code even though I have my country as Canada... I have tried Safari and Chrome incognito. So annoying! Will have to try to call when I get home from work. You can purchase APs over the phone, right?
Yes, at least US people can.
I got an AP room discount and didn't have an AP yet. As I was ready to hang up, the CM offered to sell me one right then, primarily to make sure I didn't forget and wind up with rack rate at check-in!:crazy2:

Same exact pricing for a trip I booked a few months ago, Yacht Club Garden View, Oct 27th-Nov 5th, 10 day plus park hopper. No price increase.

My 7 day Jersey week trip for a family of 5 went up $500 from 2018 if we were going the same week in 2019. After 4 trips in 4 years we will be going on a Disney Cruise instead. I toyed with the idea of doing 1 day in HS before the cruise to see Star Wars Land but that would cost us $654! No Way!!!

Because of the increase in October, it wasn't even on my radar that prices would go up again this spring. So naive.

The opening of "Star Wars Land" at DHS being on the horizon should alter most "regular expectations."

My 7 day Jersey week trip for a family of 5 went up $500 from 2018 if we were going the same week in 2019. After 4 trips in 4 years we will be going on a Disney Cruise instead. I toyed with the idea of doing 1 day in HS before the cruise to see Star Wars Land but that would cost us $654! No Way!!!

DCL is also a big fan of huge price increases btw

I must say even though I expected the increase because they always increase, this increase seems extreme. I get a discount through work through an Alliance program and unless our program isn't working properly right now, they are only offering "flex" tickets. If that's that case, with our discount our 6 day hopper tickets went up by $400 since we went in 2018! Usually it will go up by maybe a total of $50-100, but $400!!!! Granted the program still saves about $100 off of Disney rack rate but dang!! Seriously thinking that this trip in January will be our last week on property hopping around the parks for awhile...even though we really enjoy it.

Everyone complains about high crowds in the park. Now there is no "off season". So let me ask this question. Do you think there would be less crowds with lower prices or with higher prices?

Wow, I just bought tickets over this past weekend and i guess i am glad i did as i just compared what i paid and what the same exact tickets would be today and it is about $100 difference. It is amazing how much the prices have increased in just the last several years. I can only imagine where they will be going to once Galaxy's Edge and the other stuff is fully online.

Everyone complains about high crowds in the park. Now there is no "off season". So let me ask this question. Do you think there would be less crowds with lower prices or with higher prices?

Pricing isn’t going to stop the crowds because people are willing to mortgage their children for a Disney trip. The only way to cut down on crowds is if Disney caps attendance, and they won’t do that.

Outside of that, I think only an economic crisis will cut down on crowds.

Disney builds a billion dollar land that is near universally praised as the greatest addition in theme park history and people are disappointed/surprised that it’s being used to generate additional revenue?

Tickets I priced earlier in the week went up by $35 total. Any guesses to when AP prices will increase?

Pricing isn’t going to stop the crowds because people are willing to mortgage their children for a Disney trip. The only way to cut down on crowds is if Disney caps attendance, and they won’t do that.

Outside of that, I think only an economic crisis will cut down on crowds.

I agree that it probably wont significantly drop crowd sizes but from a cost/revenue based analysis (that i am sure Disney has done) i bet it will lower costs by having somewhat fewer people but increase revenue per person. I think it is the exact in-elasticity of their customers that they are counting on when raising prices like this. They will lost some attendance although not so much that it causes rooms to be vacant or revenue streams to dry up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter