~And It All Started With a Wish...and a Quarter and a Fountain~TR link, page 32!

First of all.....:welcome:

Let me just say that I appreciate my old readers and I’m so excited to have new ones. :goodvibes This trip report will be a very special one – way more dear to me than ones I’ve written in the past. Those were fun and I cherish all my Disney memories, but this one is different. This will be our first trip with our little guy, my little Seth-man! :lovestruc I’m so excited to be sharing my love of Disney World with him and I can’t wait to see his reaction to all the things I hold so close to my heart!

If you’re interested, my thread that originally started out as a pre-TR and turned into a Baby Report due to my pregnancy interfering with our December 2010 trip is linked below.

So a little background for those of you who don’t know me.....

My name is Dawn. I will be your tour guide for this little adventure we are about to go on. I’m a full-time legal assistant, part-time Disney travel agent and completely certifiable Disney Dork. :earboy2: I used to be a full-time court reporter, but after Seth came along that job didn’t work out. I did a lot of my work at home and working at home with a baby just doesn’t….work. I got nothing done! And I have to make a living, so back to my old gig as a legal assistant it was. I do miss court reporting but my relationship with my little man and my sanity are more important than a job! Plus I'm really enjoying the new job, as well. As it relates to Disney, I do all the planning, obsessing, re-planning, booking, packing and dreaming about our upcoming Disney vacations!

Me (about 6 months pregnant last summer)……

me.jpg

This is my hubby. His name is Ray. He is the best husband, friend, partner, comedian and baby-daddy this girl could ever ask for. We’ve been dating since I was 17 (17 years ago…..ahhhhh!!!!! :eek:) and we’ve been married for 9 years this April. He is a full-time desktop administrator for an international stock market firm. Fun! He’s into all things scientific, mechanical and electronic. He loves Disney but not like I do. He has firmly proclaimed that he will not be going to Disney every year for his vacation and I have to respect that. He works just as hard as I do and deserves to pick our destinations from time to time. But I have warned him that that means small side trips to Disney for me and Seth with family and friends! ;)

Notice the drool stain……:rotfl:

ray.jpg

And last but definitely not least we have my pride and joy, Seth! Seth was born on 9/4/10 (click here if you’re interested to hear the story: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=38196952&postcount=2512) and will be about 13 months old when we go to Disney World. I can’t wait!!!! He is the perfect mix of Ray and myself, although he looked JUST LIKE Ray when he was born. He has a contagious giggle, loves sweet potatoes, chewing on anything you put in front of him and watching his doggies. And he does something new every day – I’m amazed that I’ve been blessed with such a great little boy and I am so looking forward to seeing him grow up! :love:

Seth.jpg

I should also mention a few other “people.” First, we have our beagle hounds, Sherman and Eli. They are my babies, too, and I’m sure they will be mentioned in this report. Sherman is old (just turned 13) and set in his ways, loves to check out what Seth is doing and still acts like a puppy from time to time. Eli just turned 6 and he’s my little chubby boy. He acts like he doesn’t give a you-know-what about Seth by taking extra care to go WAY around him when he’s in the floor and not getting anywhere near him otherwise, but then he always gets up with me at night when Seth wakes up, so I know he cares. :laughing: He likes to bark at everything but then when there’s a real threat around he’s the first to jump on the couch and take cover with me or Ray.

boys.jpg

I will explain this further in this pre-TR but also joining us for a portion of our trip will be one of my best friends, Anna, and her son, Luke. Some of you may remember them from my December 2008 TR (linked below). Luke is now 6 and will be 7 when we go to Disney – I can’t believe that! He’s getting so big and grown up.

29641_1440094520622_1180825954_1308486_5917321_n.jpg

So that will do for now for the introductions. Next time I will give you trip details and explain the title of this little adventure for you guys. Some of you already “get” it, but don’t spill the beans!!!

Oh, and just as a warning, sometimes I will do a general response to general comments, so please don't be offended if I do that. I just have very limited time for the disboards these days but I do my best. If you have a specific question, I will always try my best to answer it. THANKS SO MUCH FOR COMING ALONG FOR THIS SUPER EXCITING RIDE!!! :grouphug:

Yeah you started!!! :banana: That picture of Seth in his bibs is so darn stinkin cute! Can't wait for more!!

Yippee! Thrilled you started your pre-trip! Can't wait to hear all the wonderful, fun planning details and seeing the magic of Disney through Seth's eyes!

Joining in!

Claire will be 11 months when we go on our trip in 2 weeks, so I should be able to share some knowledge on Disney with a baby!

Hi! I'm looking forward to reading all about your trip plans. Your little guy is precious! Congrats!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter