• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Angelrose's Journey

That is a wonderful update. Thank you for taking the time to share it with us. Prayers for continued recovery. :grouphug:

:grouphug: You are our prayers as well. My sister was in a coma for three months after a stroke. She was 50 with no health problems. SHe woke up after three months! Doctors credited her recovery to US. We stayed with her, we prayed and we told her everything that was going on in the room, in the city, state, world... we just never shut up!

You being there holding his hand is doing SOOOO much for him. God Bless You and your Sweetheart. If he opened that eye a little it won't be long until he does more, I can still see visions of my sister peeping out at us with one eye.:goodvibes It was the most amazing thing! I know what you are feeling. Keep your faith and stay strong!:hug: There's a hug from me.

He didn't open his eye at all today. The nurse said he only opens it when the turn him or really stimulate him. He had a fever today of 101 so they gave him a Tylenol suppository. Hopefully that will bring it down. The physical therapist was there today. She asked him to squeeze her hand 3 times and he did. He wiggled his toes and pushed his leg against her hand. He could move his left leg a little but not as much as the right. He can't move his left arm at all, but she said she could feel his muscle contract. So I guess that is good news.

Another cousin called tonight to wish us both well. After I hung up, I don't know what happened, but I totally lost it. I sobbed and cried and screamed, I want him to open his eyes! I seem to be doing a lot of crying these days, but usually I can control myself.

Thank you for that story about your sister splashmtnfan. I do talk to him about everything and then I repeat. LOL I keep him informed of the stock market doings. I talk about the news, our flowers, what I did in the morning, the bird feeders, everything I can think of. I'm even starting to do that "remember when". I tell him how much I love him and need him. I hope it's enough.

I hope you don't mind me posting reports every day. It just helps me to come to terms with all this.

They took the ventilator out of his room because he doesn't need it anymore. They decided to give him a neuro stimulator for a few days to see if they can jump start his waking up. They are moving him to another floor as soon as a bed is available. They will do a bit more rehab there. The next step is a rehab center. The best one for him is in Elkins Park, Pa. That is on the outskirts of Philly. That is at least two hours away and probably more. The rehab center near me probably won't take him because he isn't awake or talking yet. That was a big blow to me. I have no idea how I'm going to get to see him. Probably take a bus to Philly and then another one to the rehab center. I don't know how many days a week I can do that.

My poor sweetheart has lost weight. He was skinny to begin with and now his cheeks are sunken in. I so wish I could do something to help him, but all I can do is sit there and talk to him and hold his hand. The nurses have been so wonderful there at the trauma unit. They told me to come down and tell them how he is doing up on the 4th floor. And when he is able to come down himself and say hello. I thought that was so nice of them.

((hugs, hugs and more hugs))!!!
Please go check this place out before you send him. you and your son should go and talk to the director and be sure this place will take care of his needs.

There are many great rehab places and there are also some that are not so good.
We went through plenty of both with my Dad.

Oh yes I intend to do a lot of checking to see how good this place is.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Oh, my! I just found this thread and I'm sending you kind thoughts and wishes from Los Angeles.

I loved reading he was stubborn! That's a good thing! Tell him to keep it up.

I don't know anything about rehab centers, but that one sounds like a long way away from you.

Do you have family near there so you can stay a night or two?

Please, feel free to talk here and keep us all updated.

He didn't open his eye at all today. The nurse said he only opens it when the turn him or really stimulate him. He had a fever today of 101 so they gave him a Tylenol suppository. Hopefully that will bring it down. The physical therapist was there today. She asked him to squeeze her hand 3 times and he did. He wiggled his toes and pushed his leg against her hand. He could move his left leg a little but not as much as the right. He can't move his left arm at all, but she said she could feel his muscle contract. So I guess that is good news.

Another cousin called tonight to wish us both well. After I hung up, I don't know what happened, but I totally lost it. I sobbed and cried and screamed, I want him to open his eyes! I seem to be doing a lot of crying these days, but usually I can control myself.

Thank you for that story about your sister splashmtnfan. I do talk to him about everything and then I repeat. LOL I keep him informed of the stock market doings. I talk about the news, our flowers, what I did in the morning, the bird feeders, everything I can think of. I'm even starting to do that "remember when". I tell him how much I love him and need him. I hope it's enough.

Keep it up. You are stimulating his mind and that is great. Talk about something you were both thinking of doing in the future.

Please know that I will keep your husband in my prayers...and you as well. May the good Lord give him the strength he needs to find his way back into your loving arms. God bless you both.

My continued prayers for both you and Ron. Please don't stress yourself out about getting to see him in a rehab center. Stuff like that always works itself out. You'll be surprised at your determination to get there and I am sure many people would be willing to help you out.

Angelrose, I hope things continue to improve!:goodvibes

If he does have to go to a rehab 2 hrs away is there someone that can look after your house if you could go too, just to be near him? I feel it is important to his (and your's) well-being to be with him at this time. It would just wear you out going back and forth every day! You have to take care of yourself too or you will be the next patient!:sick:

I'm not sure where you could stay. Maybe the rehab facility could offer suggestions. I don't know about Ronald McDonald houses but maybe you could check into the possibility of staying there until your DH's condition improves enough to be transferred closer to home.

We welcome your daily updates!!! You and your DH are in our prayers!:hug:

TC:cool1:

I love to hear the updates. I am still keeping both of you in my thoughts and prayers.

Just adding some prayers and hugs for you and your DH. Can you bring some music that he enjoyed in or a tape of you talking? I know that when my DH father was in a coma we taped us talking and telling stories, we left the TV on and we brought in books on tape and tapes of songs he liked. The Drs said it helped to keep his mind stimulated. We also brought in cologne that he used etc..someone had said that the sense of smell is a big trigger to trigger the mind...who knows we did everything. Don't forget to take care of yourself too. Make sure you get rest so that you can be there for him when he comes home!!!!!!

Dhs Dad was a member of Rotary, they were wonderful. I suggest if you or DH are a member of any organization, church you give them a call. I am sure there are many who would be willing to drive you etc. In my experience people want to help but dont know what they can do.

:grouphug:

Oh sweetie, I wish I could give you a big hug. Please come here as often as you want, lots of friends are praying for you and your DH. :hug:

Sending lots of prayers the neuro stimulator is successful in rousing your DH. Yes, your TLC and stimulation is the best medicine of all, keep doing what you're doing sweetie, holding his hand, rubbing his head, reading, playing music, and hey, perhaps you could reminisce about all your annual Disney trips you both so love and let him know how you are looking forward to planning the next. :lovestruc

Do take care of yourself, take things one day at a time, know that miracles do happen and we are all praying for one for your dear soul mate Ron. Godspeed ^i^ ^j^

I hope you don't mind, I've enclosed a prayer for you and Ron ~ :flower3:

Footprints in the Sand

One night I had a dream
I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord,
and across the sky flashed scenes from my life.
For each scene I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand;
One belonged to me, and the other to the Lord.
When the last scene of my life flashed before us,
I looked back at the footprints in the sand.
I noticed that many times along the path of my life,
There was only one set of footprints.
I also noticed that it happened at the very lowest
and saddest times in my life
This really bothered me, and I questioned the Lord about it.
"Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you,
You would walk with me all the way;
But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life,
There is only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why in times when I
needed you the most, you should leave me.
The Lord replied,
"My precious, precious child.
I love you, and I would never, never
leave you during your times of trial and suffering.
When you saw only one set of footprints,
It was then that I carried you."

by Mary Stevenson

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter