Angels Around The World..Glendale,AZ..Nice Place To Visit/Wouldn't Want To Lose There Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Lars624
......I really do consider all of you friends. I look forward to talking to you on a daily basis & I feel blessed by that. :grouphug:

:teeth: ::yes::

:hug:

:love2:

my word everyones mushy this weekend!

none of my family get this at all.......they don't think it's quite so weird now they know that it's mostly this one thread that I post on

cami
x

Lars, I am glad she made it out okay... I will keep them all in my prayers though.

Originally posted by Lars624
You know being this frightened for a dear friend got me thinking.........
You guys are all my friends too........ A few years ago I would never have believed that I'd ever have gone on line & talked to people, let alone met any in person, but now you guys have become more than just internet 'chat' buddies......I really do consider all of you friends. I look forward to talking to you on a daily basis & I feel blessed by that. I just felt like today was the time to say so.
:grouphug:
couldn't have said it better.... :grouphug: :love2:

I really meant to post some pics a while ago... so y'all could either pity or envy me for what my husband "plays with" most of the time

This is what Luis' desk area looked like just before I swiped the desktop on the floor. The one I am currently on, is the lighter of the two on the floor (the one on the right)

geek1.jpg

geek2.jpg

Pretty bad, huh? :p

And for the heck of it, a neighbor's tree that I took today to fill up the CF card :p
leaves.jpg

I feel the same way about everyone too, well put Laura!
:grouphug:

Glad to hear Rhonda is out of surgery and I hope her recovery is smooth. Sending more good thoughts for her family too!

After EB's game we went to my cousin's house for dinner. We're not home and looking for food!!!! :rolleyes: She's a great cook but she inherited a habit from her mother that Miss Manners would not approve. They serve everything from the stove, and make everyone's plates. That means you have no control over portion size and are never offered seconds if you're still hungry.
Oh well. :confused3

Off to fold and iron clothes....wish I was like Brian and Leanne and were packing them for Disney!!! :earsgirl: :earsboy:

Evening Everyone...spent a VERY VERY COLD day here in NH at a 6 hour soccer tournament. By the end of the day the poor kids were exhausted....parents too!

Allergies are driving me crazy tonight, gonna head to bed soon and catch some zzzzzzzzzs

Lars, my continued good thoughts for Rhonda and her family!

Congrats Steelers and Steeler fans!!!! :bounce: :bounce:

Your team plays the Pats in 2 weeks....want to have a cyber-party to watch together??? :drinking1:

Originally posted by paras4ri
....want to have a cyber-party to watch together??? :drinking1:

I'm not a fan, but I'm up for a cyber party!

Lars, well-said. Personally, since I don't work outside the home, you guys are a welcome adult contact throughout the day. Many of my RL friends work, so it's nice to always have friends to talk to. I always look forward to hearing about what's going on with all of you, and I feel like we're all old friends. Funny, but I think I know you guys better than some of my friends that live here. Now whenever I talk about someone new, Amy always asks if I'm talking about an angel. ;)

martha.jpg

Martha's Way
Stuff a miniature marshmallow in the bottom of a sugar cone to prevent ice cream drips.

Maxine's Way
Just suck the ice cream out of the bottom of the cone, for Pete's sake! You are probably lying on the couch with your feet up eating it, anyway!

Martha's Way
To keep potatoes from budding, place an apple in the bag with the potatoes.

Maxine's Way
Buy Hungry Jack mashed potato mix and keep it in the pantry for up to a year.

Martha's Way
When a cake recipe calls for flouring the baking pan, use a bit of the dry cake mix instead and there won't be any white mess on the outside of the cake.

Maxine's Way
Go to the bakery! They'll even decorate it for you.

Martha's Way
If you accidentally oversalt a dish while it's still cooking, drop in a peeled potato and it will absorb the excess salt for an instant "fix-me-up".

Maxine's Way
If you oversalt a dish while you are cooking, that's too bad. Please recite with me the real woman's motto: "I made it and you will eat it and I don't care how bad it tastes!"

Martha's Way
Wrap celery in aluminum foil when putting in the refrigerator and it will keep for weeks.

Maxine's Way
Celery? Never heard of it!

Martha's Way
Brush some beaten egg white over pie crust before baking to yield a beautiful glossy finish.

Maxine's Way
The Mrs. Smith frozen pie directions do not include brushing egg whites over the crust so I don't.

Martha's Way
Cure for headaches: take a lime, cut it in half and rub it on your forehead. The throbbing will go away.

Maxine's Way
Take a lime, mix it with tequila, chill and drink!

Martha's Way
If you have a problem opening jars, try using latex dishwashing gloves. They give a non-slip grip that makes opening jars easy.

Maxine's Way
Go ask that very cute neighbor if he can open it for you.

Martha's Way
Don't throw out all that leftover wine. Freeze into ice cubes for future use in casseroles and sauces.

Maxine's Way
Leftover wine???????? HEL-LO !!!!!

Back from watching the Steeler game at the LK4's house. We watched uh...most of it....but especially the end....(even Sue watched that! ;) ).......SB's husband, Joe called the turnover right before it happened! Wooooo hooooooooo! :Pinkbounc We won!:Pinkbounc

After the game we sang Happy Birthday to our lovely DIS twins....and of course what would a miniDIS meet be ....without PICTURES!!!!!!!!!! That's right.....Donna was stalking with her camera again! :teeth: ::yes:: :wave2:

The Birthday Girls:
f69ac633.jpg

And a group picture....taken by Sue's husband, Bill.
f69ac87e.jpg

It looks like you guys had a great time!!
& I'm glad your team won!:Pinkbounc

The Red Sox need to score SOON !! They're running out of season..........

Glad to hear that Rhonda's surgery is over ....will keep her family in my thoughts

Hey Lou! How are you feeling? I love Maxine.

I'm getting nervous about the Sox. I'm still cheering for them.

I held myself in check while I posted to the "Laundry Experts" thread. It wasn't easy. :p

Lou - those are great! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Looks like you lot had a good time watching the game

MP - that thread name made me laugh yesterday

Lars - glad your firends out of surgery, hope she recovers from it quickly

cami
x

:wave2: Good Morning...........yawn............strecth............Time To Do The Riddle...........yawn............yawn.............

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter