Animal Kingdom at night, worth it?

With 6 day parkhoppers, you can do 2 MK nights, 3 DHS or EPCOT nights (we choose EPCOT at night over DHS) and 1 AK night. Problem solved?
It wasn't that we didn't technically have a night; we do. It was really more because we have a lot to experience at night at the other parks. Plus, I didn't know if my 5 year old would be interested or could appreciate AK at night.

Thank you everyone; you have convinced me to change my itinerary! :bitelip:

I think we may skip ROL and concentrate on the scenery and riding EE (and any other rides we can fit in). I doubt we'll do FOP at closing since it's possible it could still be a 90 minute wait, and we can't be out that late after closing since we plan to rope drop the next day (with a 5 year old). However, if I can't score a fastpass for FOP at some point of my trip, then I will have to chance it at closing.

Thanks again everyone!

On our recent trip we experienced AK after dark for the first time. It was amazing! I agree with everyone who commented about how magical Pandora is at night. The Tree Awakenings is really neat and riding EE in the dark is so much fun! Rivers of Light was a one and done for us, but we used it as a rest stop.

Thank you everyone; you have convinced me to change my itinerary! :bitelip:

I think we may skip ROL and concentrate on the scenery and riding EE (and any other rides we can fit in). I doubt we'll do FOP at closing since it's possible it could still be a 90 minute wait, and we can't be out that late after closing since we plan to rope drop the next day (with a 5 year old). However, if I can't score a fastpass for FOP at some point of my trip, then I will have to chance it at closing.

Thanks again everyone!
Even if you don’t ride FoP, just walking around Pandora is really fun with the florescent walkways and the interesting sounds.

It wasn't that we didn't technically have a night; we do. It was really more because we have a lot to experience at night at the other parks. Plus, I didn't know if my 5 year old would be interested or could appreciate AK at night.
If you are on the DP, get a reservation at Tusker House- there are many food choices and at least four characters. It was a lot of fun to eat there.

If you are on the DP, get a reservation at Tusker House- there are many food choices and at least four characters. It was a lot of fun to eat there.
Nope not on DP. We probably won't do any character dining on this trip; it's just not in the budget 😥

Nope not on DP. We probably won't do any character dining on this trip; it's just not in the budget 😥
There is a Mickey and Minnie meet and greet location too. At night the lines shouldn’t be too bad- it is inside a building and not as obvious as other meet and greet locations.

There is a Mickey and Minnie meet and greet location too. At night the lines shouldn’t be too bad- it is inside a building and not as obvious as other meet and greet locations.
I have that on my itinerary for a different AK day. I'm actually not sure if my 5 year old will have any interest in meeting characters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter