Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House Closed for Initial Walt Disney World Resort Reopening

I read a few posts in the DVCFan Facebook group.

1. A couple posters mentioned that CM's referenced Jambo opening next week !!!
2. They were able to get carryout from Sanaa.
3. The Kidani pool was very crowded and at least once closed due to capacity and there was a line to get in -- as people left, they let others in.
  • The splash pad was not running, only the waterfall.
  • They said it would get better next week when the Jambo pool opened.
  • With the parks not open, likely many people stayed at the resort during the day and the pool is the only activity other than watching animals.
4. The hike along Kidani hallways is very long. Yup, we know that -- that is what maximizes the savanna view rooms. Wonder how many will go the extra 10 minutes to Jambo pool.
5. Mask wearing by most guests, except at the pools. Appears that you take your mask off when at your lounger or in the pool (safety issue since they can get waterlogged).
6. Remember to watch the TV in your room for news/updates/messages.
7. Kidani CMs didn't seem as happy as CMs at other resorts. More than one poster commented on this.
  • It could be that the resort is very full and not everyone came with the expectation that services and amenities would be reduced.
  • For any of us going, let's spread the positivity which can be as contagious as COVID19 !
  • Let's practice smiling with our eyes since they can't see our mouths through the masks.

I am sure things will change July 10 when the parks open and Jambo opens (fingers crossed). Hopefully we will get more posts then, especially if Mara opens at all (unlikely) or the pool bar opens.

@Doingitagain I can't vouch for #2 but everything else was accurate.

This trip definitely confirmed were Jambo people. I hope Jambo doesn't let us down Thursday. I wonder if it's maybe the lack of cultural representatives. They always were fantastic.

get a call today for 7/8 check in: moved from Studio Value to Kidani studio savannah.

Facebook post said the Kidani pool was much quieter yesterday. Maybe people checked out after the holiday weekend, plus they had a rain storm earlier which may have chased people inside or to DS. Hoping that the pool(s) work out OK when we are there because we are planning a resort stay to use points!

Facebook post said the Kidani pool was much quieter yesterday. Maybe people checked out after the holiday weekend, plus they had a rain storm earlier which may have chased people inside or to DS. Hoping that the pool(s) work out OK when we are there because we are planning a resort stay to use points!
We were there over the 4th and I think the pool crowd issue was unique to that weekend. Once the parks and Jambo pool open, I don't think you'll see a peak demand for the Kidani pool to the same extent. On Saturday the 4th, the pool reached capacity by 11:25am (overheard from a lifeguard) and then started to thin out by around 2pm. Early in the day Sunday didn't seem like a crowd issue at all, probably due to checkouts.

Also for Sanaa carryout - the breakfast plates were automatically packaged for carryout, but you could eat it at an open table if you wanted. During our stay, we also dined in for lunch with a reservation and had bread service and drinks at the lounge without a reservation. The lounge only seats two tables at a time, but you can order drinks in to go cups, so it might be possible to also order food to go from the lounge.

I have a reservation in a value studio at Jambo on 7/16. I called today since I haven't received a call about moving me. The member services agent said they can't move me unless I am willing to spend more points which I don't have. Did anyone got a complimentary move from Jambo to Kidani for dates when the parks are open? I am on a callback list for a supervisor to discuss, but wanted to see others experiences to know what to say. Thanks.

I have a reservation in a value studio at Jambo on 7/16. I called today since I haven't received a call about moving me. The member services agent said they can't move me unless I am willing to spend more points which I don't have. Did anyone got a complimentary move from Jambo to Kidani for dates when the parks are open? I am on a callback list for a supervisor to discuss, but wanted to see others experiences to know what to say. Thanks.

The hotel is supposed to be open then. I wouldn't expect a move unless Jambo is closed.

I have talked to 2 different cast members today and both are saying Jambo doesn't have an official opening date. I am still awaiting a call from the supervisor. I would prefer to stay in Jambo, but if it isn't open next week I just want to know they will move me without having to use additional points. Plus, I would like to know what resort to drive to on arrival day 😁

I have talked to 2 different cast members today and both are saying Jambo doesn't have an official opening date. I am still awaiting a call from the supervisor. I would prefer to stay in Jambo, but if it isn't open next week I just want to know they will move me without having to use additional points. Plus, I would like to know what resort to drive to on arrival day 😁
If they move you it will be to Kidani and you will not have to use any extra points.

we had a reservation 7/3 at Jambo. Our MDE showed jambo as we pulled up to the guard gate. security told us jambo was closed and to drive to kidani to check in. When I checked in the front desk told me to wait a few minutes while they talk with the room assigner. about 5 min later we were moved from value studio to a 1 bedroom standard view.

we have a checkin at jambo 1bedroom value for 7/10 and everyone at kidani was saying 7/10 was still the opening date for jambo.

I appreciate you sharing your experience!! Guess I will plan on showing up to Jambo unless something changes on 7/10.

IDK Under normal circumstances would say the pool was ‘dead’.

Exactly. We saw these pics had been posted on Twitter right as we arrived to Kidani and went to the pool bar to get snack. That moment was the busiest we saw the pool from Sunday-Wednesday. If you look closely, it is mostly family groups together with everyone keeping to themselves. About an hour after these pics, there were 5-6 families. By the time we went to get ready for dinner, it was almost empty.

7. Kidani CMs didn't seem as happy as CMs at other resorts. More than one poster commented on this.

We absolutely noticed this. The resort was very empty when we arrived. I know for sure less than 50 check-ins one day. The CMs at arrival, the front desk, and lobby seemed put out that we were there. The food service CMs and recreation staff at the pool were great. My theory was that many of the people working the front were management who weren't happy they were working the front of house. Could be wrong, but it was definitely noticeable.

We absolutely noticed this. The resort was very empty when we arrived. I know for sure less than 50 check-ins one day. The CMs at arrival, the front desk, and lobby seemed put out that we were there. The food service CMs and recreation staff at the pool were great. My theory was that many of the people working the front were management who weren't happy they were working the front of house. Could be wrong, but it was definitely noticeable.
They probably were the messengers of news, bearing the brunt of people complaining that they were moved, the lack of QS, the mask restrictions, etc. I am going to be extra extra nice!

The hotel does not have an open date, but the DVC has had one. Always remember that Jambo is both.

The hotel does not have an open date, but the DVC has had one. Always remember that Jambo is both.
Even member services for DVC is saying different things. Reports from those at Kidani last week are promising that the resort will be open for DVC villas on July 10 -- but with only the Uzima pool. That may be why their behavior encourages people to move away from Jambo -- less frustrated guests.

What kind of pool activities are there at Kidani?
Last week, it was mostly trivia games. One or two CMs would stand with a microphone near one side of the zero entry.

They did:
- parks trivia
- movie trivia
- name the character based on the color palette card
- name the song, movie it is from, and character
- park attraction word scrambles

Community hall was open. Items could be checked out for foosball, tennis, pool, basketball, grilling, etc. No organized activities.

I just received this email from DVC for our July 25 checkin. Looks like Jambo might be opening the DVC villas...

c0e657b2-6074-44ae-bec5-9cbac3f7dc75.png
Dear Member,

Welcome Home! We are delighted you have chosen Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House as your vacation destination and we look forward to sharing our hospitality with you!

In preparation for your upcoming stay, we would like to inform you that upon the reopening of Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House, Uzima Pool will also open; however, all other amenities such as restaurants and merchandise locations will remain closed. A shuttle from Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House to Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village will be provided where available merchandise locations and restaurants are located.

To aid in physical distancing efforts, we strongly recommend that you use Online Check-In Service in advance—online or with the My Disney Experience app. If you need to check-in upon arrival, check-in will be at the Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village front desk.

We appreciate your patience and understanding. Should you need assistance with your reservation or have general questions, please visit our Member Online Booking Tool via DisneyVacationClub.com or contact Disney Vacation Club® Member Services at 800-800-9800 or 407-566-3800 between the hours of 9:00am–9:00pm (ET) Monday through Friday or 9:00am–7:00pm (ET) Saturday and Sunday. One of our Vacation Advisors will be happy to assist you.

Sincerely,

Disney Vacation Club
Unsubscribe from all types of future commercial e-mail from Disney Vacation Development, Inc. that advertise Disney Vacation Club’s products or services. We may still send you emails regarding transactions with us, such as further information about your purchase, membership or vacation.

Disney Vacation Development, Inc.| Attn: Email Compliance | 1390 Celebration Boulevard | Celebration, FL 34747

©Disney
view

Last week, it was mostly trivia games. One or two CMs would stand with a microphone near one side of the zero entry.

They did:
- parks trivia
- movie trivia
- name the character based on the color palette card
- name the song, movie it is from, and character
- park attraction word scrambles

Community hall was open. Items could be checked out for foosball, tennis, pool, basketball, grilling, etc. No organized activities.

With all the things eliminated I'd have hoped that would include the loud speakers at the pool. Of course THAT is one thing they felt they could keep paying CM's to do. :rolleyes2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter