Annoyed at VGF

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's one heck of an attitude about receiving a room upgrade, PP!

Or are you implying that an ADA room is somehow inferior snd that it is perfectly OK that individuals with disabilities only deserve inferior services and treatment?
ADA rooms are uncomfortable if you do not have a disability. People who need ADA rooms want them. People who do not need ADA rooms don’t want them. If you are 6’4’, it is INCREDIBLY uncomfortable, for example, to have to use a bed that is basically on the floor. Or to try to was dishes in a sink that is 2 feet off the ground. That’s not vacation. That’s torture. Easy for Disney to solve. Make it a booking category like the rest of the world does. So if the only room left at a particular resort is ADA, I can decide if I want it or not. Then, my expectations of comfort level will be fulfilled. I shouldn’t have to worry about having an uncomfortable room.

ADA rooms are uncomfortable if you do not have a disability. People who need ADA rooms want them. People who do not need ADA rooms don’t want them. If you are 6’4’, it is INCREDIBLY uncomfortable, for example, to have to use a bed that is basically on the floor. Or to try to was dishes in a sink that is 2 feet off the ground. That’s not vacation. That’s torture. Easy for Disney to solve. Make it a booking category like the rest of the world does. So if the only room left at a particular resort is ADA, I can decide if I want it or not. Then, my expectations of comfort level will be fulfilled. I shouldn’t have to worry about having an uncomfortable room.
Ask for or bring bed blocks. Problem solved. I wish roll-in showers were as easily moved.

Ask for or bring bed blocks. Problem solved. I wish roll-in showers were as easily moved.
That’s such an intolerant, ludicrous comment. Why are you so offended by someone who does want an ADA room? I’m not offended by someone who wants one. People who want them should be able to book them. And people who want a standard room should be able to book those too. Easy peasy 😜.

That's one heck of an attitude about receiving a room upgrade, PP!

Or are you implying that an ADA room is somehow inferior snd that it is perfectly OK that individuals with disabilities only deserve inferior services and treatment?
Yup it’s definitely inferior. Shouldn’t be, but it is. See above in thread.

What a weird comment! I’ll forever remember to pack bed blocks in my carry on!
Welcome to the world pf traveling as a disabled individual! I have to take a pile of extra "stuff" to address "missing" accommodations that I are pretty necessary to my world- power charger for my 400 pound wheelchair, bed blocks (it is either that or a patient lift), air mattress to manage bedsores, plus a bunch more.

I'll probably ruffle feathers on both sides of the isle on this one but that's OK. First, it's not feasible, and likely not possible, to give an ADA room everything a non ADA room has AND satisfy the needs for the ADA requirements. Of course there are different types of ADA rooms, not all are the same. I would agree that where they can they should make them the same where possible and across view types, etc though this is not going to be possible in every situation.

For us we do not want an ADA room and it's one of the few requests we routinely make. However, someone has to get them and if we do, we're OK with it and would not ask for a change because we were assigned an ADA room. I have no problem people asking for a room change but I have a major problem with someone demanding one in this situation. It is what we signed up for cash or points. The only exception would be for locations where they are reserved separately up front which some of the timeshares I deal with function this way. All guests have paid for an expensive room so I see zero difference in cash vs DVC points or even an exchange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter