Annual Pass Special Privileges

MaleficentMagnificent

Earning My Ears
So, first time posting here, been trying to find some information out but I just haven't come across any answers. So maybe someone out there has some insight.

In May 2017 at WDW I purchased 2 Silver Annual Passes. One for me, one for my husband. The morning we went to go to guest relations to finalize everything he went to Animal Kingdom and I Magic Kingdom.

As we are planning our next trip I noticed that my Silver Pass has no blackout dates, I can book fast passes for anytime in what should be blacked out, my husband cannot.

His expiration date on his is exactly one year from when we got it 5/13/2018
But my Pass says it expires 12/31/2030!!!

When i called the Disney help line, and asked why my ticket was allowing me to book in blackouts but not my husband and were both listed as Silver, she said mine has special privileges?!?!? I didn't ask much more and said thank you and hung up.

Why do I not have blackouts? Why is my expiration in 2030? And what actual special privileges am I getting!

It sounds like someone made a HUGE mistake when you purchased it. I guess you could have asked guest services exactly what special privileges are included but you might risk losing whatever you don't know you have plus that very curious expiration date.

Your pass is not activated yet. Once you activate it, it will show an expiration date one year from when you first use it.

Your pass is not activated yet. Once you activate it, it will show an expiration date one year from when you first use it.

Except, she says she used her new pass to go to Magic Kingdom. It has to have been activated, if she used it to enter a park.

I think the previous poster is right - someone screwed up. If she's very lucky, this will mean they only need to purchase one AP a year until 2030. Nice!

Except, she says she used her new pass to go to Magic Kingdom. It has to have been activated, if she used it to enter a park.

I think the previous poster is right - someone screwed up. If she's very lucky, this will mean they only need to purchase one AP a year until 2030. Nice!

I'm still convinced it was never activated, because this is the 'expiration date' our AP showed in MDE before it was activated. I wonder if she had another ticket in her MDE and that's what got her into MK that day because it was prioritized first in her account.

So, first time posting here, been trying to find some information out but I just haven't come across any answers. So maybe someone out there has some insight.

In May 2017 at WDW I purchased 2 Silver Annual Passes. One for me, one for my husband. The morning we went to go to guest relations to finalize everything he went to Animal Kingdom and I Magic Kingdom.

As we are planning our next trip I noticed that my Silver Pass has no blackout dates, I can book fast passes for anytime in what should be blacked out, my husband cannot.

His expiration date on his is exactly one year from when we got it 5/13/2018
But my Pass says it expires 12/31/2030!!!

When i called the Disney help line, and asked why my ticket was allowing me to book in blackouts but not my husband and were both listed as Silver, she said mine has special privileges?!?!? I didn't ask much more and said thank you and hung up.

Why do I not have blackouts? Why is my expiration in 2030? And what actual special privileges am I getting!
Did you actually enter the Magic Kingdom? Someone royally screwed up if you were able to go through the turnstile with that AP.

I'm still convinced it was never activated, because this is the 'expiration date' our AP showed in MDE before it was activated. I wonder if she had another ticket in her MDE and that's what got her into MK that day because it was prioritized first in her account.

Oh, that sounds really plausible! :scratchin

Okay, I'm switching sides to Team Never Activated. :thumbsup2

Did you actually enter the Magic Kingdom? Someone royally screwed up if you were able to go through the turnstile with that AP.

Unless, as scrapquitler said, she had more than one ticket on her account...?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter