Annual Passholder Previews REGISTRATION LINK IN FIRST POST-EVENT FULLY BOOKED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney is a for-profit business? I had no idea, thanks for the insight!! To get an honest answer to your question, you should email Disney directly as opposed to placing it on a message board. I'm simply pointing out that Disney does not care whether things look like a money grab or not; not debating there perceived business practices.
Sorry, silly me. I asked here because people here seem overly concerned about it. I wanted to know why people here get upset by it
I know what Disney's corporate answer is. I'm not dumb, despite the blond roots, LOL

So, since Gold, Silver, ect will not be affected by the previews, why did those passes go up as well?

Gold: $699 (previously $609)
  • Silver: $519 (previously $479)

• Theme Park Select: $439 (no price change)

• Weekday Select: $349 (previously $319)

• Epcot After 4: $309 (previously $289)
I think across the board AP hikes had been somewhat expected. Not anywhere near this much mind you but expected nonetheless.

So given the restrictions on who can go to this preview....what do you all think the chances are for a DVC preview? I'm guessing zilch right???

You'd think they would have announced it at the same time, but given that most weren't holding out hope for ANY kind of previews until yesterday, I'm at least slightly more optimistic they'll announce something.

DVC is much more exclusive than AP, so offering a preview to APs but not to DVC members doesn't make much since and I'd be pretty peeved if I was them. I'm sure lots of people made reservations the weeks leading up to it just in hopes of them.

You'd think they would have announced it at the same time, but given that most weren't holding out hope for ANY kind of previews until yesterday, I'm at least slightly more optimistic they'll announce something.

DVC is much more exclusive than AP, so offering a preview to APs but not to DVC members doesn't make much since and I'd be pretty peeved if I was them. I'm sure lots of people made reservations the weeks leading up to it just in hopes of them.
Maybe they'll do a DVC event (like the DVC Moonlight events) but later, after it's opened?
Maybe they think that a fair number of DVC also hold AP? Anyone have any clue on percentage of DVC that don't have AP? I'm sure DVC membership knows but do they publish that?

I think "something" for DVC will be coming 100%. Either a preview like AP's or something along the lines SWGE will close early some nights and only be open to DVC members.

I also think more "paid" events will now happen at SWGE. I was on the fence about the paid events until this price increase. I figured Disney would wait awhile for the paid events but now I can see events like AFTER HOURS coming SOONER rather than later.

Most DVC folks who wanted to see SWGE booked when the land was projected to open (based on information available 11 months ago). Those that booked the weeks leading up to opening (or any time before December, for that matter) were probably trying to avoid the crush of human bodies like the plague.

Maybe they'll do a DVC event (like the DVC Moonlight events) but later, after it's opened?
Maybe they think that a fair number of DVC also hold AP? Anyone have any clue on percentage of DVC that don't have AP? I'm sure DVC membership knows but do they publish that?

This is what I am thinking too for DVC members. Some moonlight events, but I think it will happen sooner than later. Maybe Nov and Dec as soon as the 6am-9am EMH are finished. Nov and Dec is a very busy time for DVC members so I can see them doing it then.

Most DVC folks who wanted to see SWGE booked when the land was projected to open (based on information available 11 months ago). Those that booked the weeks leading up to opening (or any time before December, for that matter) were probably trying to avoid the mass of human bodies like the plague.

While true, Disney is still going to have some kind of event or events for DVC members. There is no way they leave them in the complete dark.

It's possible that they may do a DVC event as it seems kind of odd that they've not mentioned anything yet for them and DVC is a big part of Disney's business. Also, I'm sure many DVC members are AP, but the majority are probably Gold AP, since that one is discounted specifically for DVC and has minimal blockouts.

Sorry if this is a repeat question, just want to be sure as this would be the first time I can participate in something like this

I currently have an active Platinum AP (expires on Aug 27th). I also have a certificate for another platinum AP assigned to my wife in MyDisneyExperience, but we haven't activated it yet (plan was originally to hold off - but would alter plans for this)

Would I be able to register both of us for a preview (assuming I can get in before they are all gone, and before my expiration date) even though her's isn't active yet (and then we would obviously activate it before the actual preview). Just don't want to get to the registration page and it only let's me register myself if there is something else I need to do beforehand.

Thanks!

Man oh man. We r here now. I almost want to try for this and make it a Xmas gift for my wife and myself and leave the kids home. I have never had a chance to do a preview but it would be just a cool thing to do. We are back in April for Star Wars specifically but I really just want to experience this. Flight right now where we fly out of for August and July are nuts though. Even if I drive to Phili. But would help if it was mid week to midweek vs weekend. I’m off in the summer but the wife lives in the normal work world so that would be a challenge too.

Just kinda excited about this overall. I too never thought it would happen but if does help build up the hype machine though.

Sorry if this is a repeat question, just want to be sure as this would be the first time I can participate in something like this

I currently have an active Platinum AP (expires on Aug 27th). I also have a certificate for another platinum AP assigned to my wife in MyDisneyExperience, but we haven't activated it yet (plan was originally to hold off - but would alter plans for this)

Would I be able to register both of us for a preview (assuming I can get in before they are all gone, and before my expiration date) even though her's isn't active yet (and then we would obviously activate it before the actual preview). Just don't want to get to the registration page and it only let's me register myself if there is something else I need to do beforehand.

Thanks!
While I don’t have an answer to your specific question about SWGE previews, I will say that I have been able to register for various Passholder events in the past while only having a not-yet-activated AP voucher linked to my MDX profile.

I can't wait to hear the details.
Our current AP expires on 8/22. Fingers crossed we are in the window.

It's possible that they may do a DVC event as it seems kind of odd that they've not mentioned anything yet for them and DVC is a big part of Disney's business. Also, I'm sure many DVC members are AP, but the majority are probably Gold AP, since that one is discounted specifically for DVC and has minimal blockouts.
I’d also agree that the majority of DVC members with an AP are likely gold, so perhaps by eliminating gold from the AP previews they are attempting to prohibit DVC from double dipping on both events (assuming there’s a DVC event). Selfishly, as a gold DVC member, that’s my hope!

I’d also agree that the majority of DVC members with an AP are likely gold, so perhaps by eliminating gold from the AP previews they are attempting to prohibit DVC from double dipping on both events (assuming there’s a DVC event). Selfishly, as a gold DVC member, that’s my hope!
Yea, that's exactly what I was thinking also; selfish or not! I also have Gold due to the price point. The announcement yesterday for the other APs read "among the first" to visit SWGE. So that means to me that there are "others" slated to go as well; hopefully those others are not just CM or press and will include DVC. From a DVC perspective, things like this help sell points, so I don't know why they would not want to include them.

I’ll also add that for the Pandora DVC event, you needed to have a DVC stay booked during the preview period to register, and there is very little inventory left in the weeks leading up to the opening (outside of SSR and OKW). So anyone not already booked may be out of luck.

This is a good theory I never thought about.

Ah, I think that makes a lot of sense.
Limit the AP to only the top tier.
Then have a different event for the DVC members, most of who likely have an AP too, but weren't included in the AP event due to the type of AP they have.
Sort of automatically limiting those who can sign up, to some degree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter