Annual Passholder Previews REGISTRATION LINK IN FIRST POST-EVENT FULLY BOOKED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't bother saving a screenshot. I got a message that said something like groupme is intended for chat, since I haven't participated I'd be dropped. I responded with #stay.

I don't know if the leader of the chat group was able to tweak some settings to avoid the need.

edited to add Really no reason to clutter this thread. If you get a notice respond with #stay. Absolutely no reason to figure out what combination of app, SMS option and app only notifications require #stay.

I didn't bother saving a screenshot. I got a message that said something like groupme is intended for chat, since I haven't participated I'd be dropped. I responded with #stay.

I don't know if the leader of the chat group was able to tweak some settings to avoid the need.

edited to add Really no reason to clutter this thread. If you get a notice respond with #stay. Absolutely no reason to figure out what combination of app, SMS option and app only notifications require #stay.
Yeah, I got the same notice and it is still sending it out because you can see today that people were dropped and then rejoined. So the need is still there, and as you say, if you get the message from the group to respond. Do. If you don't, don't. Seems easy.

Just a reminder that myself and the other Mods are monitoring this specific situation and as soon as we see the registration up and running we will post the link to post 1

Can I suggest that when the link does appear, the mods also edit the header title of the thread to include "REGISTRATION LINK NOW LIVE", or something similarly eye-caching, for those who are checking their Watched threads list? Thanks.

Andre

Can I suggest that when the link does appear, the mods also edit the header title of the thread to include "REGISTRATION LINK NOW LIVE", or something similarly eye-caching, for those who are checking their Watched threads list? Thanks.

Andre
Also just made my heart skip a beat when my eyes were immediately drawn to your suggested message LOL

So I get an e-mail from Disney Destinations (and almost jumped for joy) .. but it was just reminding me that I can do early check-in for the room I booked JUST IN CASE I get this AP preview (that I have no idea when the dates are .. or when I can sign up) ..LOL. 29 days until that check in but still no idea if I am going. Heh.

As every day ticks by, I just wonder if it is even worth it -- just save this hassle, and save a lot of money .. and just plan on getting up super early one day for the Extra Extra magic Hours during my trip in October.
No having to worry about getting a sign up, no oppressive summer heat to deal with, no dragging the family on a last minute vacation and coming back 2 days before school starts.

I’m honestly getting to the point with this AP preview that I don’t care if I get in early or not. I think Disney seriously messed up by announcing that there will be an AP preview and that it will be announced at a later date. It was cool for like the first two weeks, the next couple of weeks were not as exciting, but the hope was still there. Now, I just feel there is no magic and it’s just frustrating not knowing when we can even sign up and just not making it worth it. This is coming from someone who lives two hours away and can easily make a day trip

I’m honestly getting to the point with this AP preview that I don’t care if I get in early or not. I think Disney seriously messed up by announcing that there will be an AP preview and that it will be announced at a later date. It was cool for like the first two weeks, the next couple of weeks were not as exciting, but the hope was still there. Now, I just feel there is no magic and it’s just frustrating not knowing when we can even sign up and just not making it worth it. This is coming from someone who lives two hours away and can easily make a day trip
Overall, I feel like they’ve bungled the opening at WDW.

As a local (Winter Garden), I hope for all our sanity, that they release it soon. I’m working 10 hours today, so it will probably be released today. I’ll only be able to check my phone at best every 3 hours, but more likely only during my lunch break. My luck is it will be filled for the date that I need by then but that’s life. I wish the best for everyone. I feel badly for those with a long distance to go, but also the ones close who may not be able to change work schedules to attend. Fingers crossed we can meet in groups at SWGE!

As a local (Winter Garden), I hope for all our sanity, that they release it soon. I’m working 10 hours today, so it will probably be released today. I’ll only be able to check my phone at best every 3 hours, but more likely only during my lunch break. My luck is it will be filled for the date that I need by then but that’s life. I wish the best for everyone. I feel badly for those with a long distance to go, but also the ones close who may not be able to change work schedules to attend. Fingers crossed we can meet in groups at SWGE!

I'll only agree to meet with a group if there's a good pilot for the Falcon in the group! :D

Overall, I feel like they’ve bungled the opening at WDW.
I don’t think they bungled it, I just think they were forced to announce the AP previews so early because of the AP price increase.

I am not sure why they just didn’t announce price increase and let the AP preview hang out there as a question mark. The goals of the price increase would have still happened.

Just a reminder that myself and the other Mods are monitoring this specific situation and as soon as we see the registration up and running we will post the link to post 1, also any new "news" we have is also on post 1 so no need to read through all pages
I’m fairly new to commenting - although I’ve been using your site for years. What does “post 1” mean and how is the easiest way to access it? I, unfortunately, do not get pass holder emails.

I’m fairly new to commenting - although I’ve been using your site for years. What does “post 1” mean and how is the easiest way to access it? I, unfortunately, do not get pass holder emails.
The first post in this thread. Just got to the first page and you'll see the first post !

Good morning downtrodden fellow stalkers. :tiptoe: I, for one, am still excited for the possibility of a preview. I understand the frustrations of those coming not within driving distance, though. I hope it works out for all those who have been following this board, and still want it.
Same here. I'm still excited for it and I'm not within driving distance either.
I honestly do not get the extreme aggravation that it's been announced and not opened. To the point that someone would not bother going now.
I don't see the big deal or why it's so "horrible" to know the preview is coming but not be able to book yet. It's not like it's taken any real effort on anyone's part to keep up to date on announcements or anything, has it?
Yes, we are in the group that has to plan our airfare. Eh, we'll book it as soon as it's announced. Even 2, 3 days out I've found good fares.
If one has issues with notice at work then well, what difference would it be if you didn't know the announcement was coming and you had to make the arrangements?
At least know you can at least alert people that you may want a day off during X period. With them just releasing it, you'd not have even gotten to do that.

Since you mention being new to posting this may be helpful info for other threads.
Post 1 means the post numbered 1 as if you'll look in the uppermost right-hand side of each post, you'll see they're numbered. People will often direct a reader to post # so and so. This is what they'll be referring to, just look in the thread for that numbered post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter