Annual Passholder Previews REGISTRATION LINK IN FIRST POST-EVENT FULLY BOOKED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because people are signing up and you have to make 1 response to stay. We have established that 1 response is needed.
Is this true? I have NOT responded to the chat and I have been in it since Day 1. I did "validate" the groupme with the validation code by text, etc., but that was not a reply to the chat. I checked and it did not show in the chat.

And at first, I had it set up as both text and app, but got tired of the text pings, so I changed it to app only. That seems to work a little better.

I also do not understand why people need to send emojis and ask questions when it's clearly stated that the groupme is only for the link.

I didn't know I needed to use #stay until I read up on how GroupMe works, and then sent the text, got the reply, and all seems well. It didn't broadcast the #stay to everyone - so I'm wondering if this is one of those issues of the App working different than SMS and they don't send instructions on use. I'm just trying to research if there is a way to disable to Join/Kick/Leave notifications as well...
The app sent you a message when you first joined that you had to send the command to remain in the group if you are not going to post. Since the group is not for posting, the stay command is required by everyone. What makes you say yours didn't broadcast to everyone? All of them have been (we've been getting every one, I can see the join and then the stay for them all.
I figure this is probably the most reliable place to be and besides I'm getting emails now very consistently. I just can't take the alerts and if the alerts are off, no point in being there. I'm not sure what part of "don't chat" people don't understand. lol
I don't think the single rare posts to stay are that annoying. No worse than each post here sending a notice to email. Better actually since it's a single post.

Is this true? I have NOT responded to the chat and I have been in it since Day 1. I did "validate" the groupme with the validation code by text, etc., but that was not a reply to the chat. I checked and it did not show in the chat.

And at first, I had it set up as both text and app, but got tired of the text pings, so I changed it to app only. That seems to work a little better.

I also do not understand why people need to send emojis and ask questions when it's clearly stated that the groupme is only for the link.
Yes, if you don't respond with #stay you aren't in. I know I tried to not do it and eventually it sent me the notice that if I didn't, I was getting removed.
And I've seen the commands come from the app indicating "so and so was removed for not responding, or however it's worded"

Here's the screen shot where it says X will be removed for not responding. See how after they respond with #stay, they are "rejoined"?

Attachments

• 9F2C40AF-6847-4F87-BCAB-66B2A315669E.png
    9F2C40AF-6847-4F87-BCAB-66B2A315669E.png
    102.8 KB · Views: 37
The ‘#stay’ command needed to be sent via text message to the text chain NOT in the actual group itself. Simply sending a chat in the GroupMe let’s you stay in, but if you don’t respond after a certain amount of time, it will kick you out again. The only way to permanently stay in the GroupMe is the text the message.

Here's the screen shot where it says X will be removed for not responding. See how after they respond with #stay, they are "rejoined"?
Maybe that is needed if you are not using the app? I'm using the app, so I haven't needed to reply or say stay.

Maybe that is needed if you are not using the app? I'm using the app, so I haven't needed to reply or say stay.
I use the app, as I posted from the screen shot.
I had to send the command. I was removed for not doing so
You sure you didn't forget about doing it way back when?

I can’t remember if I did the whole command thing when I got re added though sure I didn’t and I’m still ok

But to the people who gave me the ‘🙄’ side eyes: you know what you signed up for when you joined the GroupMe. Please respect the rules set forth. It is NOT FOR CHAT. We understand the whole #stay fiasco, but you have to TEXT the text message number NOT in the chat itself.
Can you remove those members? If they're not happy with the link only policy they should post in this thread

I signed up using a computer and never installed the app but have been getting the text message notifications. I never had the message that I needed to text #stay. Therefore, when the notifications started about "So and so hasn't responded so they'll no longer receive the messages", I understood it that if you didn't respond to the chat then you would get kicked off (I signed up at the beginning when the nice poster with good intentions created the groupme ^_^, so I was just really amused about the whole thing at the time). So it's not just some people are doing the #stay response incorrectly, but I'm sure a lot of people thought that they would get kicked off the chat if they didn't respond, especially for the newbies, who I'm sure some are panic responding because of it.

I signed up using a computer and never installed the app but have been getting the text message notifications. I never had the message that I needed to text #stay. Therefore, when the notifications started about "So and so hasn't responded so they'll no longer receive the messages", I understood it that if you didn't respond to the chat then you would get kicked off (I signed up at the beginning when the nice poster with good intentions created the groupme ^_^, so I was just really amused about the whole thing at the time). So it's not just some people are doing the #stay response incorrectly, but I'm sure a lot of people thought that they would get kicked off the chat if they didn't respond, especially for the newbies, who I'm sure some are panic responding because of it.
No, as shown on my screen shot, it (the app, the group, the WHATEVER it is that's in charge of sending the messages) clearly says, X has been removed for not responding. It doesn't leave any doubt that you MUST respond and if you don't, you are removed. Which is why it will show, after their response, they are rejoined. So people don't just "think" they have to respond. The app tells them they must.

I also was never prompted to type in #stay. I still get messages. I signed up in the evening of the first day it was created. I do use GroupMe for other things so I am in the app even if the group is quiet. Not sure if that makes a difference or not.

I also was never prompted to type in #stay. I still get messages. I signed up in the evening of the first day it was created. I do use GroupMe for other things so I am in the app even if the group is quiet. Not sure if that makes a difference or not.
All I know is SOME are clearly told they must respond to stay. If they don't, they are removed. When they respond with #stay, they are rejoined. The progression of this is clear when you go back and read the posts/updates in the group. I just went back to the start and you can see the names with each step, the person joins, the app says same person hasn't responded so they are removed, the person responds with a #stay and the app responds with that person has rejoined. So it's not just for nothing, there are users/posters who are informed that their response is required. I don't use it for anything else, had never heard of it before this (our groups at school and in our community here all use Remind) so I was told by the app to respond, I didn't so I was removed. I responded and have been back in since. This goes back to the end of June according to the dates on the app. I can't begin to guess why there are some who can stay without #stay or why some are required to use #stay

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter