Annual Passholder Previews REGISTRATION LINK IN FIRST POST-EVENT FULLY BOOKED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would anyone have more detail on the CM registration. It seems like you have to choose a date, time slot, and one of 3 options. Was that done in a certain order?
There is no indication that an AP preview registration would be the same.
More than likely, we will have to pick a date and a time slot (probably 4 hours). My guess is that we would not be restricted like the CMs, as they want us to help test normal operation (and there may be less APs coming through than Cast Members)..

At this point I wouldnt be surprised if we cant sign up until August.

Could it be that they are holding this so you can only sign for a preview for the Falcon or RotR, but not both?

I very highly doubt that RotR will be even mentioned in this preview as it's 3+ months from opening AFTER SWGE has already opened. The "end of summer" quote is probably just to give them some breathing room, because if they said "this summer" people would say "But it's already summer!".

I've been keeping an eye on the official responses by the Passholder FB team, and in response to the opening of RotR and "Will there be a preview for passholders?"one of them says:
"We're so excited for our Guests to experience this incredible new land. While we don't have any details regarding dates, Platinum, Platinum Plus and Premier Annual Passholders will be among the first to experience Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Capacity is limited and will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. Please continue checking back with us as we look forward to providing more information and registration details at a later date."

"e-mails for registration will be sent to our V.I.Passholders towards the end of the summer. Eligible Passholders include those who hold a Platinum, Platinum Plus or Premier Annual Pass. We hope this helps, and can't wait to see you in Batuu!"

What do we consider the end of the summer? For me, it's mid-August, but isn't that when we think the previews will be? Could it be that they are holding this so you can only sign for a preview for the Falcon or RotR, but not both?
That's my theory. Appease passholders who need more time to make plans. Every time I posted this idea posters don't think that's happening.

I've been keeping an eye on the official responses by the Passholder FB team, and in response to the opening of RotR and "Will there be a preview for passholders?"one of them says:
"We're so excited for our Guests to experience this incredible new land. While we don't have any details regarding dates, Platinum, Platinum Plus and Premier Annual Passholders will be among the first to experience Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Capacity is limited and will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. Please continue checking back with us as we look forward to providing more information and registration details at a later date."

"e-mails for registration will be sent to our V.I.Passholders towards the end of the summer. Eligible Passholders include those who hold a Platinum, Platinum Plus or Premier Annual Pass. We hope this helps, and can't wait to see you in Batuu!"

What do we consider the end of the summer? For me, it's mid-August, but isn't that when we think the previews will be? Could it be that they are holding this so you can only sign for a preview for the Falcon or RotR, but not both?

Well summer technically ends on Sept. 23rd but fall begins at Disney mid-August so who knows lol

There is no indication that an AP preview registration would be the same.
More than likely, we will have to pick a date and a time slot (probably 4 hours). My guess is that we would not be restricted like the CMs, as they want us to help test normal operation (and there may be less APs coming through than Cast Members)..

At this point I wouldnt be surprised if we cant sign up until August.
If you would have asked me back on June 17th if we would be waiting to sign up in August, I would have said "no way," but I think it is entirely possible now.

Ok quick(and probably stupid) question BUT wouldn’t an AP ‘pre’view mean that AP holders would see the land BEFORE the official land opening? If RotR opens on December 6, a good while AFTER the land itself opens, wouldn’t that make it a ‘post’view?

From the site:
Platinum, Platinum Plus and Premier Passholders will have the opportunity to register for a preview of Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge on select dates and times in August at Disney's Hollywood Studios.

Therefore, it states clearly that the previews we are waiting for will be in August. They won’t open up RotR 3ish months before!

Ok quick(and probably stupid) question BUT wouldn’t an AP ‘pre’view mean that AP holders would see the land BEFORE the official land opening? If RotR opens on December 6, a good while AFTER the land itself opens, wouldn’t that make it a ‘post’view?

From the site:
Platinum, Platinum Plus and Premier Passholders will have the opportunity to register for a preview of Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge on select dates and times in August at Disney's Hollywood Studios.

Therefore, it states clearly that the previews we are waiting for will be in August. They won’t open up RotR 3ish months before!
The response was in regards to a preview for RotR, but it sounds like they just tried to focus everyone back to the opening of SWGE.

RotR is not going to be ready for previews. We have no idea why Disney is holding registration. We have pretty much worked out when AP Previews will be, we are just waiting to get the actual email
The end of summer is definitely not mid August. Try late September.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-07-22 at 11.21.14 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-22 at 11.21.14 AM.png
    29.9 KB · Views: 23

It's the same response they put up on the website weeks ago (about emails toward end of summer), just canned to be the same answer regarding RotR. So nothing new in that at all
Honestly, it's the never ending questions they'll never answer that put us in this situation to begin with. They get bombarded with questions about when something is going to happen and never, in the history of Disney have they ever answered that prior to when they want to make the announcement. So to try and cut out the same question over and over again they put out the announcement way too early. If folks would just set back and wait and stop asking, they'd stop giving pointless and useless answers and we'd go on about our daily lives never stalking and waiting. It worked so much better when they just dropped them with us being unaware.

The end of summer is definitely not mid August. Try late September.
Officially sure. But seeing how it opens in late August they can't drop the sign up for the preview in late September.
So to answer, nobody knows what Disney's definition of late summer is, in this instance. We only know it is not the calendar definition, by process of elimination.

The traditional start and end of summer is Memorial Day and Labor Day. Posters insisted Pandora had to open by Memorial Day since Disney said before summer. People don't associate summer with the actual dates.

In this context late summer means the sign up will be when Disney is ready. Middle summer would be more accurate.

Would anyone have more detail on the CM registration. It seems like you have to choose a date, time slot, and one of 3 options. Was that done in a certain order?
The Options + Dates + Time Slots appeared in the open booking window.

CM friend could see which dates still had Option 2 (Oga’s) available when she went on.

CMs didn’t have to worry about adding their Guest’s name... I did the DL SWGE Reservation and Guest Names had to be listed before dates + time slots opened.

CMs had an automatic +1 so no worries re: names.

Yeah, I keep saying I’m gonna leave, but then I’m like what if? If it doesn’t calm down in the next 30 min or so, I’m out as well

I figure this is probably the most reliable place to be and besides I'm getting emails now very consistently. I just can't take the alerts and if the alerts are off, no point in being there. I'm not sure what part of "don't chat" people don't understand. lol

I am out of the groupme, don't know why it's getting inundated with messages, but enough- can't take it anymore! lol

It’s because new posters asked for the link so now more people are signing up.

But to the people who gave me the ‘🙄’ side eyes: you know what you signed up for when you joined the GroupMe. Please respect the rules set forth. It is NOT FOR CHAT. We understand the whole #stay fiasco, but you have to TEXT the text message number NOT in the chat itself.

It’s because new posters asked for the link so now more people are signing up.

But to the people who gave me the ‘🙄’ side eyes: you know what you signed up for when you joined the GroupMe. Please respect the rules set forth. It is NOT FOR CHAT. We understand the whole #stay fiasco, but you have to TEXT the text message number NOT in the chat itself.

I didn't know I needed to use #stay until I read up on how GroupMe works, and then sent the text, got the reply, and all seems well. It didn't broadcast the #stay to everyone - so I'm wondering if this is one of those issues of the App working different than SMS and they don't send instructions on use. I'm just trying to research if there is a way to disable to Join/Kick/Leave notifications as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter