Another fight and no one to stop it.

We almost witnessed a fight in the middle of Brown Derby at DHS this past May.

A poor woman was having a loud sneezing fit. To the point I probably would have excused myself and ran out, but she’s not me, and may not have been in the condition to do so. I felt bad for her.

Then a man starts yelling and cursing - “WHO THE F IS SNEEZING!!??” “QUIT F SNEEZING!!” It was a bizarre scene in the middle of dining, plus he was louder than her. The woman’s husband replies back, “she has a medical condition, is there a problem??” Apparently, she was having a allergic reaction to the food or something in the restaurant. The man begins fuming at his table with his fists clinched like he’s going to deck the husband. Then starts provoking them by taking out his phone to record. The couple ignore and walk right by him. Good for them.

More guests just need to learn to walk away. It makes the crazies even more mad.

In April there was a video about a guy at DLR who refused to move back from the yellow line and the tram wouldn't move until he did so. It was crazy just seeing how obstinate this guy was. The whole tram was really trying to get him to do it so they could leave and get back to the parking structure. It was also at nighttime.

This is also what not to do if you feel someone cut you in line
https://wdwnt.com/2022/04/belligere...d Parking Lot Tram Leave,and his wife in line.

Manners and decorum don't exist in the world anymore.
Was this woman given a ban or lose her pass for this? The other people on the tram shouldn't have to deal with an out of control person, and of course the cast members don't deserve it. It's the norm for all of time at Ski Resorts that if you go out of bounds on runs, break mountain rules, cut lines etc and a ski patrol or lift operator sees it, they can take your ticket or even annual pass on the spot.

In April there was a video about a guy at DLR who refused to move back from the yellow line and the tram wouldn't move until he did so. It was crazy just seeing how obstinate this guy was. The whole tram was really trying to get him to do it so they could leave and get back to the parking structure. It was also at nighttime.

This is also what not to do if you feel someone cut you in line
https://wdwnt.com/2022/04/belligerent-guest-refuses-to-let-disneyland-parking-lot-tram-leave-after-others-cut-him-in-line/#:~:text=1 min read-,Belligerent Guest Refuses to Let Disneyland Parking Lot Tram Leave,and his wife in line.
The wife can't even raise her eyes. Imagine how he treats her in private.

You know he peed his pants when that guy got off the tram to confront him.

Manners and decorum don't exist in the world anymore.
Yes they do, they just don't make for sensational headlines!

Don't lose hope! Be the change you want to see in the world.

I'm looking forward to going back to WDW and spreading kindness, courtesy, patience, and cheer in a wonderful place, and hope others do the same in order to help counteract these ridiculous incidents. :smickey:

On this I'm not so sure. I think it *would* be a good thing except that internet fame is something that one can monetize, and that makes a whole lot of people think that it's now worthwhile to do outre things in the hope of making money for it; even if the press is bad. Every click earns money for the person who posts it, so very often the person who posts it is actually an associate of the bad actor.
From a high school teacher: Some kids keep their phones out all the time /hidden under a paper or whatever JUST IN CASE a fight starts so they can super-quickly video it. They don't make money from this, but posting it on the internet gets them social status.
Geeeeesh not for nothin, but Disney is NOT cheap so there is NO way I'm getting that upset and losing out on my trip over one person cutting in line-good gravy
I don't think people who behave this way stop to consider long-term consequences.
I fear that poor baby has seen a lot in his or her life already. People who fight like that at Disney will fight anywhere anytime.
Yes, at school the vast majority of our students don't fight -- it's the same small group who fight over and over.
When people get angry the first thing they lose control of is their mouth. We're all guilty of it. I've never been punched before so I'm not sure what kind of language would fly out of my mouth
Eh, no. Whatever you keep at the top of your brain comes out when you're surprised or startled. That's not foul language for all of us.
The way they are dressed makes it easier to follow on the videos. It's like they are on teams.
I thought the same thing: Dressing alike, they sure made it easy for the security guards.

Glad you have a sharp tongue. What many of the abusers need is a good punch to the jaw. Of course there is no reason you should go down with a sinking ship as well.
I had to keep it cool, but with enough of an attitude so they knew to knock it off. Of course, if you start with me before we take off, game on. :wave2:Only three times I had the captain kick the person off. And I give you fair warning -- you don't comply, adios! Not dealing with you without backup in a metal tube at 30,000 feet. In 20 years of flying I never had one complaint go to my supervisor.

Glad to hear this. There was a video circulating last week that showed a young boy, not much older than a toddler, still in a diaper even, smacking and swearing at a police officer with a level of aggression that was pretty disturbing. He still has a while to get to middle and high school. Do you think some of that learned hatred can be undone at that point?
What do you think? Should we all just give up on that child? He's beyond change already?
Did we all come from perfect families, raised impeccably & no one we know has ever set a bad example?
I don't think so.
And the proof I'd offer is the way some here continuously display intolerance & a very narrow viewpoint.
Which is why over the decades, I comment less & less.

Time to Remember the Magic! :wave2:

I wish this was true! So many kids are "lost" by the time they reach kindergarten. YES...that young!111 It's tough to seen such young kids indoctrinated into a world of hate and violence. Some try but it's tough to break the cycle. BTW My experience comes from years of working with intercity youth. It absolutely breaks my heart to see kids so hardened and defiant at such a tender age.
The problems are not limited to "inner city youth."

I'm glad many of us keep on trying.

I find the apple usually doesn’t fall far from the tree. If would you said was true we wouldn’t have all these problems.
You "find" that where? Hope you aren't in a job working with kids. It would be sad for them to be judged that way.

This is too bad. Last time I had to catch up with the rest of my family for a ride- I think it was jungle cruise- the people in line actually chanted my name and cheered me on to meet up with my wife and kids! It was quite a special moment and I was very thankful for everyone’s consideration.

What do you think? Should we all just give up on that child? He's beyond change already?
Did we all come from perfect families, raised impeccably & no one we know has ever set a bad example?
I don't think so.
And the proof I'd offer is the way some here continuously display intolerance & a very narrow viewpoint.
Which is why over the decades, I comment less & less.

Time to Remember the Magic! :wave2:
https://tenor.com/view/league-of-their-own-child-annoying-yelling-gif-11279924

1658954224177.jpeg

“Yeah, wish I had five just like him“ - Dottie Hinson

The problems are not limited to "inner city youth."

I'm glad many of us keep on trying.
Maybe... maybe not. The sheer numbers...city vs rural make it more difficult to accommodate those who are at risk. It's a hard life. I haven't given up but it's still very sad.

Funny thing is I remember before the pandemic, there were strategies to cut in line that were flat out encouraged online. Does anybody remember how to get to the front of the line at Food & Wine? Walk up to someone near the front of the line, pretend they're part of your party, and quietly offer to buy their drink if they play along. I remember being told it was such a great way to hack Food & Wine, and I couldn't help thinking how horrible an idea that was.

I'm not pointing this out to say anyone was in the right in this situation, but it's nothing new.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter