Another Royal Wedding

I just caught them exiting the church. But I saw footage of everyone going in. That wind was crazy. Princess Beatrice has an immodest moment helping George and Charlotte up the stairs!

Unfortunately that was actually 14 year old Lady Louise, and it was sad to hear that pictures of that appeared on twitter and the like shortly after. She's just a child.

I know, it's awful! I noticed she wasn't with the children on leaving and wondered if that was why, it was already a picture being shared by the time the ceremony started.

One of the reasons I think the wedding seemed less "grand" was the groom's attire. That fancy-schmancy military tuck that both William and Harry (and both their fathers) wore really set a tone.

I think the bride looked beautiful and elegant. I would’ve liked a veil and also some type of necklace, but good for her for bucking tradition for her own style.

The groom also looked very handsome. I mistook his mother for Camilla at first; there’s a bit of a resemblance IMO. Nice having Andrea Bocelli singing hymns!

I loved her gown, so regal, she looked beautiful!
Her mother's hat was huge,her dress color was just ok.
I thought Beatrice being the maid of honor, would have worn something fancier than a day dress.

I agree. Though I wasn’t thrilled with Sarah Ferguson’s outfit, green is a good color for redheads and I heard she chose it to match the emeralds in Eugenie’s tiara. I was also surprised that Beatrice didn’t wear a more traditional bridesmaid’s gown and that she wasn’t part of the bridal procession, but I think she looked lovely and classy, as did both Kate and Meghan.

Fergie's hat had wings. She may have been able to fly away in the heavy wind.

sarah-duchess-of-york-mother-of-princess-eugenie-of-york-news-photo-1051949138-1539339705.jpg

:laughing::confused3
This is what I was lured into reading the other day. :blush: It was one of those sidebar, click-bait links for, "You might be interested in reading about. . . " So, I'm not sure of the accuracy, but it said that basically the only descendants that automatically get the "royal" title (and jobs) of prince or princess at birth are only the ones who are in direct succession to the throne. That means only Charles, William & baby George.

Not everyone else automatically becomes a prince or princes. Everyone else was gifted their title(s) by the reigning king or queen. William was gifted the Dukedom of Cambridge, and Kate the Duchess. When Harry got married, he & Meghan were gifted the Dukedom of Sussex.

Andrew & Fergie were gifted the Dukedom of York.

On the other hand, Princess Anne, who actually booked more royal engagements each year than either the Queen or later, Diana did, upon marrying, her then husband politely declined being made a lord. And when Anne's children were born, she & DH declined the queen gifting the children the titles of prince & princess. (I guess she'd had enough of royal duty!) And the children have gone on to live lives as "commoners" and have been able to choose regular professions and have publicly stated they are very grateful to their parents for not saddling them with being "royal" and all the duties that go with it.

Whereas, Andrew & Fergie accepted the title of princess for their daughters, but, the daughters don't seem to really WANT to do all that goes with the JOB of what a royal does. Although, as you say, they still take advantage of their wealth and links with the royal family. I think they are in an awkward position. They have the titles, not by choice. They DO have to show up every now & then to royal events, but don't want to do all the work - because they are also not on the payroll. Nor, I suspect, really want to be. Even though Andrew would like them to be, so he can stop paying for them.

As for the security for Eugenie’s wedding, having the royal title puts a target on her by Isis & Al qaeda and other terrorists as she represents the country/government. Again, she didn't choose that position. It's not like Meghan & Kate, who knew the risks they married into. I think it's kind of unfair to expect the family only to foot the whole bill for someone who may be in danger because represents the country/government. It's not the same as if she was only in danger by an ex-boyfriend-turned stalker, which is a private situation.

Here is the link, if anyone else wants to read it:

https://www.vogue.com.au/celebrity/...s/news-story/b657eb7a2bbb247ffc5ba3370e09292b

I definitely agree that it must be difficult being a princess from birth and having little say in it, but at the same time, the girls have made choices to take advantage of a lot of the royal perks despite not performing as full time royals. They also have the choice of renouncing their titles if they so wish, but have for whatever reason chosen not to do this.

Eugenie also chose to have a very public royal wedding, at St George’s Chapel no less, so a lot of people have no sympathy when it comes to the taxpayer having to pay for her security out of our own pockets when she basically picks and chooses when to be royal and when not to be.

By the way, government and the monarchy are separate in the U.K. - the Queen doesn’t hold any political/ legislative power and what the government does approach her with is usually completely out of tradition, so while Eugenie does represent the country, she has nothing to do with the government. ;)

I do love our royal family though and am glad to see that there are lots of enthusiasts overseas! It feels like there’s been more talk in the US about the wedding than the U.K.!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter