Any character dinners offsite of Theme Parks??

Ithastobe

Mouseketeer
Hi! You all have been very helpful. Our family of 4 is going to WDW on 10/19 - 10/22. I have Breakfast at Tony's at MK on 10/20 and Lunch at Hollywood & Vine at MGM on 10/21 for character interaction. Here is my question..... We arrive late afternoon on 10/19 and I wondering if there is any place to meet the characters for dinner - outside of the themepark. We were not planning on purchasing a park pass for 10/19 but I know the lil ones would love to see any character on 10/19 and would love to do this without paying theme park admission.

Any suggestions?????? If not character, what would be a good place. We are staying at the SWAN. My DH is attending the CPCU convention there.

Thanks for any ideas....

What about Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary Resort? It's lots of fun.

Or maybe 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian.

Both of those are character dinners.

There's a character dinner right at your resort, the Swan! It's at Gulliver's Grill. DH & I enjoyed dinner there with Timon & Rafiki.

Thanks so much! Made Reservations for Gulliver's at the Swan on 10/19. Said that Goofy and Pluto are there on Saturday's. This saves me the admission for a theme park (and we arrive late in the day) and it is where we are staying.

We can check in, get settled, and then dine with some characters then relax on Sat. We have our big day at MK on 10/20 (breakfast at Tony's and back in evening for MNSSHP).

You guys are awsome for a 'newbie' like me!
Thanks!

I'm still going to try for a Cindy's breakfast, but if we can't get one, we'll still be in good shape.

That sounds like a wonderful plan! What I really liked about Gulliver's was that it wasn't a buffet. We just stayed at our table, and the characters came to us.

Oh, your post brought back some good memories of the Swan. I remember after DH & I ate at Gulliver's, we strolled outside and relaxed in one of the hammocks along the lake under the moonlight.;)

Enjoy the Swan, Gulliver's, and have a great trip!:D

Thanks so much f-LORI-da! This is the first time with the kids, so I know it will be special.

Thanks for the suggestion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter