• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any experience with DVC resale market?

I’ve had both good and bad experiences with DVCRM. The first experience was really bad with Agent #1. My most recent experience about a year or so ago was a good one with Agent #2. I think the particular agent has a lot to do with it as well.

I have no experience with Fidelity, but I’ll note that DVCResale Market also does digital contract signing.
I've now put a contract through Fidelity, *************, and now DVCRM.

The process for signing the contracts was the same for all of them, and it was all digital.

We purchased our BCV contract through Fidelity last Fall. I made an aggressive offer and it was accepted within hours. Seamless. The agent was responsive and professional. I think your experience with any company depends on the agent and the sellers of the contract you are looking to buy. Some sellers are more motivated than others.

In addition to the $195 service fee @Katie L mentioned, Fidelity doesn't specialize in DVC - they have loads of other timeshare contracts. They are a bigger company with a separate contracts department from your broker. Unlike the smaller resale sites, they don't seem to work weekends or focus on a high level of customer service/communication. Everything seems to take a few extra days as well. For my February offer, after everything was signed by buyer and seller, it took another 5 days (3 business days) to go to Disney for ROFR. What I like about Fidelity are the prices and the digital contract signing. I have specified a different title company for my most recent offer since I'm not confident about First American.

I completely agree with princessbride6205 about not using First American Title :crazy2: They seem to be the title company that Fidelity uses and it took 7 WEEKS AFTER passing ROFR to get my closing documents :furious: Communication was also lacking with both companies :sad2: Thanks to these boards I now know that I can request a different title company which I will definitely do should I ever buy resale again :thumbsup2

I've purchased recently from them. What I was told was when sellers list with them a requirement is the offer is accepted if full ask comes in. With that said I had no problem at all with my purchase, I did offer full ask so I didn't lose out on the contract that fit most of my wants. Therefore I didn't even wait for the seller before they listed it as sale pending.

I agree. I have worked with them before and I would be quite willing to do so again. In one case, I made an offer on a contract, but there were 2 other offers that came in and it ended up going to one of them. So the broker contacted me to let me know about another contract that had 'tentatively' been discussed with them, and he called those sellers and they decided to list it, and I took it at listing price, and was able to purchase it. I still think the price was quite good.

Some brokers really are not very quick to clean up their 'old' listings that they have already sold, since those listings MIGHT bring someone to them, to purchase something else. The first question I ask is, "Is this listing available right now, and has anyone else made an offer on it?"

I don't think most brokers want to lure you in with a 'lower priced' listing, and then switch you to a higher priced listing. Keep in mind that a broker gets a certain amount, often a set fee and a small percentage of the sale price, and a sale that is 20% more or 20% less is rather negligible to them when it comes to more profit or less. What is important to them is to get the sale, period. They also do not usually mind at all if it is taken in ROFR. They still get their full commission.

I completely agree with princessbride6205 about not using First American Title :crazy2: They seem to be the title company that Fidelity uses and it took 7 WEEKS AFTER passing ROFR to get my closing documents :furious: Communication was also lacking with both companies :sad2: Thanks to these boards I now know that I can request a different title company which I will definitely do should I ever buy resale again :thumbsup2

First American Title is the company that Disney usually uses on their Direct sales. They are fast with Disney, but I have done other work with them where they definitely took weeks and weeks. Can't say if that is typical. Only that it happened. Otherwise, they are quite dependable. Oh, and also they tend to be somewhat more expensive than many other title companies.

Good to know!

The only reason it was seeming particularly suspicious is because a couple of these listings had been out there for a couple of weeks according to the site. One was even tagged as "REDUCED!"

My theory is that there just happened to be someone looking to buy up the exact same kind of contracts that I was looking at. They were all April UY 100 point contracts, and there were about 5 or 6 of those exact sized/UY/resort contracts still available a couple of days ago. Now there's 1.
Excellent experience with these folks for sale of two contracts. They got top dollar on both, one which sold in a couple days and the other in less than two weeks and I would not hesitate to work with them again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter