Any OCTOBER guests received FP+ testing invite?

I called Disney IT again. They said why I can't make FP+ is because we have AP vouchers. We won't be able to make FP+ until our vouchers are activated. I tried to get an explanation as to why we had FP+ before but they didn't have much of an answer. I suggested the website should let you know this instead of having everything look fine. They also had no answer for why I could make FP+ for my last day forward if my AP wasn't activated.

We only have AP vouchers and we were able to make FP+ reservations 10 minutes after purchasing our AP's. :) All we had to do was link our AP's to each Magic Band and that was all.

We only have will call numbers for our AP vouchers. MDE has always recognized the passes. IT basically told me that FP+ was for people with packages booked. Our last night is on a DVC stay and I can make FP+ for that day. When I mentioned that to IT they insinuated that was a loophole they were still working on closing.
So emilymad...you and I have basically the same issue because:
- We both have a DVC stays for our last night
- I think you modified your stay to include the DVC stay like I did.
- We both had already reserved all of our FP+'s weeks in advance and we both have two sets of MB's.
- Like me, your FP's were there after you modified your resort stay - but a few days later, now they are not.
- One slight difference is that you have an AP voucher and I do not (I have UT-paper that are linked).
- Another slight difference is that I think you say you can't see your FP+'s at all ...I can see my DD's and DH's if I go in and try to modify them. The app shows them but I am grayed out. Online shows nothing until I click to add FP's (then I see their's). In other words I can't see them in the main page unless I drill down into one of the links. Regardless - like you I cannot make any changes except to the ones on my check-in day and beyond for the DVC stay.

I wasn't planning to call IT again, because at this point I figured I would just try to get it fixed at the resort. But I still think it has something to do with the modified stay and adding the DVC. I will call one more time today. :) We check in tomorrow! :)

So emilymad...you and I have basically the same issue because:
- We both have a DVC stays for our last night
- I think you modified your stay to include the DVC stay like I did.
- We both had already reserved all of our FP+'s weeks in advance and we both have two sets of MB's.
- Like me, your FP's were there after you modified your resort stay - but a few days later, now they are not.
- One slight difference is that you have an AP voucher and I do not (I have UT-paper that are linked).
- Another slight difference is that I think you say you can't see your FP+'s at all ...I can see my DD's and DH's if I go in and try to modify them. The app shows them but I am grayed out. Online shows nothing until I click to add FP's (then I see their's). In other words I can't see them in the main page unless I drill down into one of the links. Regardless - like you I cannot make any changes except to the ones on my check-in day and beyond for the DVC stay.

I wasn't planning to call IT again, because at this point I figured I would just try to get it fixed at the resort. But I still think it has something to do with the modified stay and adding the DVC. I will call one more time today. :) We check in tomorrow! :)

I agree. I am not glad we are in this situation but I am glad I am not alone! I really hope they get it fixed for you. We are still two weeks out.

They did seem to think that once we got there it would be fine.

I agree. I am not glad we are in this situation but I am glad I am not alone! I really hope they get it fixed for you. We are still two weeks out.

They did seem to think that once we got there it would be fine.
Well I have good news! I called the IT number I found on another thread and spent about 45 minutes on the phone with a CM named Stacy...and within an hour later, she had all of my FP's copied back for me!!

The CM did not think it was the DVC reservation that caused my issue, but did comment that there has been some quirky issues with modifications to stays that included DVC. Although my app and online displayed all of our park tickets, it appeared in her system that my ticket was missing (which would have recently happened somehow). She spent time on the phone with DVC IT and systems and they could not figure it out either.

My FP's appear a little messy. Mine are separate from my travel party and while she was working on it she had placeholder passes for me (sometimes at a diff park or mixed between two parks - hey...maybe FP's at multiple parks will be an option in the future after all!!) but I am now able to see all of them.

BTW - the number I called was (407) 939-7849. Lots of Dis'ers having luck with this number. :) :)

Well I have good news! I called the IT number I found on another thread and spent about 45 minutes on the phone with a CM named Stacy...and within an hour later, she had all of my FP's copied back for me!!

The CM did not think it was the DVC reservation that caused my issue, but did comment that there has been some quirky issues with modifications to stays that included DVC. Although my app and online displayed all of our park tickets, it appeared in her system that my ticket was missing (which would have recently happened somehow). She spent time on the phone with DVC IT and systems and they could not figure it out either.

My FP's appear a little messy. Mine are separate from my travel party and while she was working on it she had placeholder passes for me (sometimes at a diff park or mixed between two parks - hey...maybe FP's at multiple parks will be an option in the future after all!!) but I am now able to see all of them.

BTW - the number I called was (407) 939-7849. Lots of Dis'ers having luck with this number. :) :)

I am glad you got yours fixed!

I talked to IT again. The issue is definitely the AP vouchers. They are aware there is an issue were the ticketing system isn't talking to the FP system. Basically we are out of luck until we get there and activate our passes. At least I finally talked to someone who seemed to know what they are doing.

So, my TA had previously told me that we weren't supposed to get MBs/FP+ for our trip (21 days!). I asked her for more info, & here's what she said:

"Apparently, the rollout has been jumpstarted by the blogosphere which has really taxed the system at large. Apparently, while the system was “live” and people are accessing it (like yourself), they should have only been using it if they’d rec’d an invite from Disney to do so. That was the design anyway (I guess they should have clamped down a bit more then). So, right now, there are more people than were intended to be on it which is causing some problems on the park side."

What do you make of this? Seems to me that Disney made this problem for themselves by managing this project very badly.

(Cross posting...)

So, my TA had previously told me that we weren't supposed to get MBs/FP+ for our trip (21 days!). I asked her for more info, & here's what she said: "Apparently, the rollout has been jumpstarted by the blogosphere which has really taxed the system at large. Apparently, while the system was “live” and people are accessing it (like yourself), they should have only been using it if they’d rec’d an invite from Disney to do so. That was the design anyway (I guess they should have clamped down a bit more then). So, right now, there are more people than were intended to be on it which is causing some problems on the park side." What do you make of this? Seems to me that Disney made this problem for themselves by managing this project very badly. (Cross posting...)

TA's don't quite have access to information like that, I don't believe.

Disney didn't think that you'd go on MDE to look at dining reservations and not see the MB stuff that magically showed up? Like you would really ignore it... What your TA said doesn't make a bit of sense.

TA's don't quite have access to information like that, I don't believe. Disney didn't think that you'd go on MDE to look at dining reservations and not see the MB stuff that magically showed up? Like you would really ignore it... What your TA said doesn't make a bit of sense.

She talked to someone in IT at Disney. So it's not like she made it up. (Plus, she's my sorority sister & I know her well enough to know that she isn't interested in making up info.)

She agrees with me that if Disney didn't want us to find it & use it, they should've done more on their end to control the access & rollout.

She talked to someone in IT at Disney. So it's not like she made it up. (Plus, she's my sorority sister & I know her well enough to know that she isn't interested in making up info.) She agrees with me that if Disney didn't want us to find it & use it, they should've done more on their end to control the access & rollout.

Sounds like another made up info roulette answer from a CM be it in IT or otherwise..

I mean geez a pop up tells you to go customize and make your FP+ LOL

Sounds like another made up info roulette answer from a CM be it in IT or otherwise..

I mean geez a pop up tells you to go customize and make your FP+ LOL

logged into MDE last month and the FP+ box popped up, was I supposed to call Disney and ask "are you really sure you want me to do this"? :rotfl: And this happened before I saw posts on the DIS so I didn't hear it on the "blogosphere".

logged into MDE last month and the FP+ box popped up, was I supposed to call Disney and ask "are you really sure you want me to do this"? :rotfl: And this happened before I saw posts on the DIS so I didn't hear it on the "blogosphere".

Totally agree Just more made up stories ...

Disney knows exactly what's going on ...

Seems the CM's are uniformed and just make stuff up.. If you don't like the first answer you get from a CM call again and again you will eventually get the answer you are looking for LOL

I noticed when I look at MDE that on some pages my FP+ says reservation for one, sometimes it shows reservation for two (as it should), and on one page our FP+ for 10/18 do not show at all. So inconsistent! Hope it is all correct on our Magic Bands!

Reading all of this make me rather anxious. Ultimately, it will be fine one way or another, but when you think you have everything all planned out and ready to go and then you read about all of these glitches... ugh.

Haha I leave in 12 days and just got an email to customize my magic bands by tomorrow so I can receive them before I leave for my trip. The bands I have had in my possession for like two weeks now?! LOL

Are any of you guys also going to MNSSHP and making use of the extra FP+ for the 4pm-7pm period? I'm sure I read on here that people who had linked their tickets were able to book FP+ for that time separate from their day's FP+, but every time I try to do it, it wants to override my FP+ I have booked for earlier at Epcot. Am I missing something?

Are any of you guys also going to MNSSHP and making use of the extra FP+ for the 4pm-7pm period? I'm sure I read on here that people who had linked their tickets were able to book FP+ for that time separate from their day's FP+, but every time I try to do it, it wants to override my FP+ I have booked for earlier at Epcot. Am I missing something?

Since you can only use FP+ for one park per day, it might be the same rules even though you have a separate ticket?

patrickpiteo said:
Make sure when you enter they don't hit your reg park entrance.

I have an AP so I'm not too worried about losing a day, I do want my separate ticket though because you can apparently pick up two SOTMK halloween cards that way.

I'm wondering if the extra 4pm-7pm FP+ thing is actually for people who ONLY have a MNSSHP ticket, and won't be going to the parks pre-4pm or something.

I have an AP so I'm not too worried about losing a day, I do want my separate ticket though because you can apparently pick up two SOTMK halloween cards that way. I'm wondering if the extra 4pm-7pm FP+ thing is actually for people who ONLY have a MNSSHP ticket, and won't be going to the parks pre-4pm or something.

I had available FP+ from 4-7 with just my party tickets linked.. So could be

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter