Any type of Movies do you red flag

Horror movies.

Violence for the sake of violence movies.

Musicals. Not to be confused with movies about music which I love. I’m counting down the days for Rocket Man but would rather stick a fork in my eye than sit through La La Land, The Greatest Showman etc.

Children's movies (the kids watch, but usually while I'm cooking, or whatever, they are tedious as...but we do what we must), insipid love stories, animal death, rom coms, low brow humor, musicals. Basically, I don't like feel good movies, they feel inauthentic to me.

I only watch comedies or documentaries now, so I suppose my red flag list would be anything but those.

I guess I see a lot of red flags. Gee, that sounds familiar for some reason.

violent gore or psychological creepy movies that are newer than the Saw franchise. that was a sad time in humanity when that became popular....

stupid comedies (except old Jim Carrey movies, those are nostalgic fun for me)

animal movies. you want to see ugly crying? suggest watching the Fox and the Hound to me, let alone watching it. I'm starting to choke up TYPING about it...

violent gore or psychological creepy movies that are newer than the Saw franchise. that was a sad time in humanity when that became popular....

animal movies. you want to see ugly crying? suggest watching the Fox and the Hound to me, let alone watching it. I'm starting to choke up TYPING about it...

Watership Down still has me scarred.

Last edited:
I don't go out to many movies, I'm more of a documentary and other non-fiction TV stuff person. When I *do* go to the movies I choose comedies mostly. I don't like sad movies because most of the time I feel manipulated into crying. Titanic is a good example of this for me. I also don't like superhero movies, made an exception for Doctor Strange because of Benedict Cumberbatch.

My DH loves stupid comedies. The worse they are, the better.

Fox and the Hound gets me every time. I start crying as soon as it gets put on.

My dad used to have a standing movie/lunch date with my older DD. They invited me along for Marley and Me. Oh my, all three of us ugly crying. We couldn’t even go to lunch we were such a mess.

Last edited:
I don’t have any automatic exclusion list for types of movies. There are some types I think I will be less likely to enjoy, but am willing to give even them a shot. Once in a while one surprises you, or you can learn something as it has a point of view you never even thought of.

And then there are categories you normally love, so have high expectations, and get extra disappointed when one turns out to be a clunker!

Slasher and/or gory and movies that hit too close to home, like Deep Water Horizon.

Most movies these days don't interest me. My sad, boring, pathetic life is still more exciting than most films.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter