Anybody else have a teen going off to college in August, 2009?

Baseball?? Really is that still going on..LOL:rotfl2:

!

And My TEXAS RANGERS ARE HEADED TO THE WORLD SERIES AGAIN!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Had a nice time with DD. Went to a dive bar/hamburger place that we saw on the Food Channel and it was AMAZING...then we just watched football on tv and chilled a bit before the Rangers game on tv. Low Key weekend, but it was nice to see her and she was thrilled that we brought her dog to visit for the weekend.

Here she is downtown

IMG_7977.jpg

Us on 6th Street

IMG_7984.jpg

and then she took us visit the place where she likes to go to study.

IMG_7996.jpg

she looks so happy..great pictures, thanks for sharing.

Love the pictures! That looks like a great place to study!

So last night my daughter told me that she is starting to look at grad schools. How did this all happen so fast?????

My son who is a senior told us the same thing yesterday. He has signed up for the GRE and has two schools in mind. He also told us he is applying for a coupld of jobs that were posted.

And My TEXAS RANGERS ARE HEADED TO THE WORLD SERIES AGAIN!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Had a nice time with DD. Went to a dive bar/hamburger place that we saw on the Food Channel and it was AMAZING...then we just watched football on tv and chilled a bit before the Rangers game on tv. Low Key weekend, but it was nice to see her and she was thrilled that we brought her dog to visit for the weekend.

Nice pics Michelle. See ya in St. Louis!!!:yay:

My dd is hanging in there. She still has not figured out all her medical stuff and now she is having a spastic colon issue. Ugh.

As far as classes she is doing well except she dropped her accounting 101. Not sure how this is all going to go down. It is making me nervous.:rolleyes1

She is looking for an apartment so she can move out and then will be able to go to school over the summer.

Nice to read the updates to everyone.:thumbsup2

Good to see all the updates. :)

It was mice to have DD home for the break. She hung out with me all the time! We went shopping, out to eat etc. Far cry from her high school years. :rotfl:

The grad school is taking me back too. Didn't we just finish the college applications??? :eek:

What a whirlwind week we've had! DD20 had her heart surgery this past Wednesday and was released from the hospital on Thursday. She had the new Melody Pulmonary Valve placed via catheter (new procedure). The entire procedure took about 5 1/2 hours. She did extremely well until she started complaining of chest pains in the middle of the night. She had an ultrasound, X-Ray, and EKG which showed no fluid buildup or any problems at all. Since the procedure is so new, they still do not have much information about what side effects patients may experience. Even though she was still having alot of pain on Thursday, they sent us home....against our wishes. She's been up and about since Friday morning.....cannot keep her down no matter how bad she feels. She seems to be a bit tired today, but again, she's not in bed. She is planning on returning to classes tomorrow. Thankfully she only has classes three days a week.

Thanks to all who have asked about her! Praying her recovery continues to go well.

What a whirlwind week we've had! DD20 had her heart surgery this past Wednesday and was released from the hospital on Thursday. She had the new Melody Pulmonary Valve placed via catheter (new procedure). The entire procedure took about 5 1/2 hours. She did extremely well until she started complaining of chest pains in the middle of the night. She had an ultrasound, X-Ray, and EKG which showed no fluid buildup or any problems at all. Since the procedure is so new, they still do not have much information about what side effects patients may experience. Even though she was still having alot of pain on Thursday, they sent us home....against our wishes. She's been up and about since Friday morning.....cannot keep her down no matter how bad she feels. She seems to be a bit tired today, but again, she's not in bed. She is planning on returning to classes tomorrow. Thankfully she only has classes three days a week.

Thanks to all who have asked about her! Praying her recovery continues to go well.

So she was in there for about a week, not bad. I am glad things went well. My dd will be getting the same procedure in the future.

Lots of pixie dust and hugs to you, your dd and the rest of your family!:tinker::hug:pixiedust::grouphug:

So she was in there for about a week, not bad. I am glad things went well. My dd will be getting the same procedure in the future.

Lots of pixie dust and hugs to you, your dd and the rest of your family!:tinker::hug:pixiedust::grouphug:

No, not at all! She was only in the hospital for 24 hours! LOL!

No, not at all! She was only in the hospital for 24 hours! LOL!

Wow...that is crazy. So how is she doing?

They did find something on my dd's holter monitor testing, not sure exactly what it was. However the remedy for it was meds that would make her tired and she opted to not take them since that is a big deal for her.

I saw her 2 weeks ago and she just looks so pale. She did get a flu shot though this year, thank goodness.

Best wishes for your dd's recovery.:goodvibes

how is she today?? Praying for a speedy recovery for her..

Love the pictures! That looks like a great place to study!

So last night my daughter told me that she is starting to look at grad schools. How did this all happen so fast?????
Seriously! It has flown by! Tom is taking the LSATs in the spring.

I hope she is still doing ok!:goodvibes

Alicia87 ~ How is your DD doing?

Mystery Machine ~ Any idea when your DD will be having her surgery?

Hugs to both of you! I cannot even imagine what your families go through!

Alicia87 ~ How is your DD doing?

Mystery Machine ~ Any idea when your DD will be having her surgery?

Hugs to both of you! I cannot even imagine what your families go through!

Who knows. He said 1-5yrs.:confused3 So it is probably going to be when my dd cannot take the tired factor any longer more than likely. Also getting pregnant is a huge no-no for her. I asked the doc. She will need her valve replaced before that happens. My dd has her original valve and they are trying to have her hang onto it as long as she can.

She still has yet to redo the stress test and cardiac rehab.

However she is also forcing herself to get out there and living in the sorority house keeps her pretty busy.

Who knows. He said 1-5yrs.:confused3 So it is probably going to be when my dd cannot take the tired factor any longer more than likely. Also getting pregnant is a huge no-no for her. I asked the doc. She will need her valve replaced before that happens. My dd has her original valve and they are trying to have her hang onto it as long as she can.

She still has yet to redo the stress test and cardiac rehab.

However she is also forcing herself to get out there and living in the sorority house keeps her pretty busy.

Sending good thoughts and prayers to you both. :hug:

And Congrats to your Rangers! Hopefully they can do it tonight!:cool1:

Spending the weekend in Austin with Alyssa. She is in a theater group (a Renaissance Dinner theater group) that put on a play this weekend. Of course I am a proud mom, but she was AMAZING! She was the Jester and was totally hysterical :rotfl:. I don't know where she gets it, I can be pretty shy and have horrible stage fright, but not her!! I'm guessing she gets it from her Bio Dad (which is a big case for genetics since she has never met him, but he is super outgoing)

Here's a couple of pics I took of her after the show with some of the other members of the cast. These kids are all so talented and amazing and I can't wait for their next show!!

We're going to head to San Antonio after she gets ready. No real plans, but since San Antonio has an Earl of Sandwich we are going there for sure!! :thumbsup2 We're going to try and pretend we are in Downtown Disney!

IMG_8925.jpg

IMG_8924.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter