Anybody hooked on DVC and DCL

MinMouse

DIS Veteran
We're hooked on DVC and about to go on our first DCL trip. I'm afraid I'll be hooked there too. I'm just wondering if there are some DVCers out there who find the time/money to do DCL too?

we go on the Magic every 2 years. we always pay cash as IMHO they want too many points. . love the cruise.. it is the only vacation where we totally relax... You will find lots of DVCers on the cruise. Make sure to check in with the DVC desk and they will invite you to the DVC get together and give you a free DVC hat, lanyard, luggage tags.

We love WDW and were bitten by the DCL cruise bug too! We cruise on points every few years. Even though the value is not as good at "going home" we enjoy the fact we don't have come up with a big chunk of money and then we can do the excursions with our cash. Once you cruise DCL, you will be in love! :love:

Castaway Cay makes the Disney cruises "worth it" for us, but we're going to wait for another Members Cruise that fits into our schedule before going on another one.

We also like Carnival, RCCL, and Princess, we really like cruising and go on at least one every year.

Bobbi :)

Yes, you said it. We are also hooked. So far every two years. We will be going on our fourth next year (med. cruise).

We did the Wonder in 2003, and I'm dying to try out the Magic! Next year we're doing a Med cruise (not Disney... was able to get a much better deal with another line), but hopefully we'll do the Western on the Magic in 2008 or 9.

You'll love DCL!

We did the 4 night in 2001. We're doing the 7 night Eastern Caribbean in March.

We were hooked on DCL first. After 4 cruises, we finally made it back to "The World" and realized how much we missed the resorts. We bought our DVC a month later. Not sure how we are going to balance the land/sea issue...... :thumbsup2 ......oh what a problem to have!

I made the mistake of ending our 1 week Fall trip with the 3 day cruise last year...and absolutely loved it. I tried to book the Magic this year the same week but my husband protested because he really wanted to go to the parks again. So, we will be doing 5 days at WDW and ending with the Wonder 3 day cruise. This way we get the best of both worlds. I don't know if I can do WDW by itself again, the cruise is soooooo relaxing, especially with a DD7 and DD4 and the free kids club. :cloud9: Paradise.

I did my first cruise ever in December on the Disney Cruise Line. It was the four night one, and we loved it. I would love to do a cruise every 2 or 3 years. DCL is too expensive to do too often - and I don't want to use points for it, as it would cost too many points and I wouldn't be able to use them for DVC resorts.

I would like to try the seven night DCL cruise next, and would also love to cruise on some of the other cruiselines.

MinMouse - as you can see from my ticker, we are trying our first cruise ever in just 8 DAYS!!!!! I'm afraid of the monster we may be creating. We are so anticipating just loving the cruise, how will we ever afford to keep up these habits. I want more points, no more cruises, no more points.....oh you see my dilemma.

Lissa

We have sailed upon 6 Disney Cruises - 2 - 3 night, 2- 4 night and 2 - 7 night. We are definitely hooked. It has been 2 years since our last sailing and we are absolutely going through withdrawal.

We are DCL addicts! We will be taking our 3rd Disney cruise in Sept and can't wait. It's our first 7 night cruise with two stops at Castaway Cay, which is heaven on earth. We can only go every other year, and IMHO they want far too many points for a cruise, so we decided to rent out our points and pay cash for our cruise. Of course we will still have our 5 days at the park prior to the cruise. It's perfect, run around the park like kids and then relax on the ship for a week. Talk about the perfect vacation! :cloud9:

ericamanda01 said:
We are DCL addicts! We will be taking our 3rd Disney cruise in Sept and can't wait. It's our first 7 night cruise with two stops at Castaway Cay, which is heaven on earth. We can only go every other year, and IMHO they want far too many points for a cruise, so we decided to rent out our points and pay cash for our cruise. Of course we will still have our 5 days at the park prior to the cruise. It's perfect, run around the park like kids and then relax on the ship for a week. Talk about the perfect vacation! :cloud9:

We are also hooked! We are on the same cruise as ericamanda in Sept!

We first cruised last Oct 2005 on the Member Cruise, we rebooked onboard for March 2007 and already had our Sep 2006 cruise booked when the Member Cruise was announced!

We have rented points and paid cash for all 3. We save points by renting and raise enough money to pay airfare too.

We loved it and cant wait to cruise again.

We took our first DCL cruise last month and already booked our next. We're hooked. I use the points before or after the cruise to stay at WDW. We love both. Can't imagine being in Florida and not stopping by to see Mickey.

Cinderelli said:
MinMouse - as you can see from my ticker, we are trying our first cruise ever in just 8 DAYS!!!!! I'm afraid of the monster we may be creating. We are so anticipating just loving the cruise, how will we ever afford to keep up these habits. I want more points, no more cruises, no more points.....oh you see my dilemma.

Lissa

Yes, I see the dilemma . . our cruise is in two weeks and I'm so excited! We just added on more points to DVC. I think I'm going to have a Mickey on my back!

Mindy

LIFERBABE & ERICAMANDA -- what a great idea to rent out points for your "cruise piggybank". I like that idea. I agree that using points for the cruise is way too expensive. I love to hear everyone's neat ideas. THANKS!

Hope you guys catch up with one another in SEPT!

:wave2:

polly p said:
We took our first DCL cruise last month and already booked our next. We're hooked. I use the points before or after the cruise to stay at WDW. We love both. Can't imagine being in Florida and not stopping by to see Mickey.

I agree PollyP can't imagine being so close to the World and not stopping by to say hi! My DH is not totally sold on the DCL thing and we all love the parks and DVC resorts. I can't imagine us ever doing DCL without a few days to see the Mouse. How did you like going after your cruise since that's supposed to be the relaxing part of the trip? We're on the 3 night. Which one did you try?

Thanks,

Mindy

MinMouse, too bad we are not on the same cruise. We must only be a week apart. I am going with the anticipation that we absolutely love it. I'm taking my year-at-a-glance calendar with me. If my DH absolutely loves it (like I think he will), I'm going to try to get him to re-book while on-board.

We rented out 1/2 of our 2005 and all our our 2006 points to offset the cruise costs. Then what did we do? Rent 2006 points to add on a few days at Disney after our cruise. I tell you, it's a dilemma.

I'm going to have to go back to work full-time to pay for this horrible addiction, tee hee!

Have a fantastic cruise - wish we were on the same one! Can't wait to see a cruise report from you when you return.

Lissa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter