Anyone able to sneak a peak at BCV’s?

That's really disappointing. Not the construction progress, but you not being a team player, sticking on the third floor, and not moving to a higher floor....😜😉
I am here now staying on 4th and can confirm no construction on any floor. I walked each one.

CM at the desk at the villas stated they weren't positive all of 4th was done but hadn't been briefed recently. Hallways are done and more than us are checked in.

They mentioned something about the laundry room being down but haven't checked that yet.

Last edited:
I am here now on 4th and can confirm no construction on any floor. I walked each one.

CM at the desk at the villas stated they weren't positive all of 4th was done but hadn't been briefed recently.

They mentioned something about the laundry room being down but haven't checked that yet.
🫤

So 4th and 5th floors seem completely done then, right? But no work has started on any other floor...
Correct. I obviously cannot confirm that every room is finished on 4th/5th as I can't look in them all but there are zero signs of construction on any floor and 4th and 5th have refurbed hallways. We are on 4th with a finished room. I think its safe to assume if you want a refurbished room request either 4/5 floor.

This all happened much quicker than I thought it would!! I think it looks great & am thrilled the Murphy beds are in place - I love the BCV/Boardwalk pics in them- so cute! 😍 Thanks to all sharing info/pics with us 😄

Just returned from stay at BCV last week. Fourth and fifth floors completed and open for guests. No construction happening currently on the other floors. Shared an elevator ride with a maintenance worker and he confirmed the refurbishment for the other three floors has been delayed. He did not say how long.

OK confirmed the fourth and fifth floor completely done. As of right now there is no work being done on any of the other floors. I have no idea why refurb has stopped for now but will ask the lobby concierge next time I go through.

Just returned from stay at BCV last week. Fourth and fifth floors completed and open for guests. No construction happening currently on the other floors. Shared an elevator ride with a maintenance worker and he confirmed the refurbishment for the other three floors has been delayed. He did not say how long.
I’ve got to believe this is why all BCV rooms suddenly ‘disappeared’ overnight for Sept and most of Oct…

I was hoping that the article would provide some answers about why they removed all of the rooms, but it just seems to be quoting gossip that I have already seen discussed here and on Facebook. One thing it mentions is "Another possibility is that some Beach Club rooms have been reserved to accommodate any potential guest overflow resulting from other refurbishment projects. Neighboring rooms at Disney's BoardWalk Villas are slated for renovation beginning in September of this year. " Can you imagine removing the home resort advantage for Beach Club owners to allow BWV owners priority to stay there? That makes no sense.

If the rooms had just recently been removed I would be more likely to believe they had run into a problem, rather than predicting at the start of the refurb that there would be a problem that could only be fixed in 8 months time.

Last edited:
I was hoping that the article would provide some answers about why they removed all of the rooms, but it just seems to be quoting gossip that I have already seen discussed here and on Facebook. One thing it mentions is "Another possibility is that some Beach Club rooms have been reserved to accommodate any potential guest overflow resulting from other refurbishment projects. Neighboring rooms at Disney's BoardWalk Villas are slated for renovation beginning in September of this year. " Can you imagine removing the home resort advantage for Beach Club owners to allow BWV owners priority to stay there? That makes no sense.

If the rooms had just recently been removed I would be more likely to believe they had run into a problem, rather than predicting at the start of the refurb that there would be a problem that could only be fixed in 8 months time.
The BWV thing is also something that has been speculated in some threads around here, so... no news.

I'd say next to no chance it has anything to do with BWV refurb. IF they need to move people out of BWV, which seems unlikely since they blocked the rooms pretty early, then they'd be more likely to use RIV or elsewhere. DVC has not seemed to care much about where they move people if necessary during refurbs. And it's been less common to be moved compared to 8-10 years ago when their planning was pretty poor.

Random question - how insanely busy is SAB most times of the year? Like... will I be able to find a couple deck chairs together for our stuff midday? It serves a lot of people at two resorts, so I can imagine it being extraordinarily busy.

For context, we've only stayed at PVB, CCV, BWV, and RR. Of those, PVB has been by far the busiest and can be somewhat un-enjoyable as a result.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter