Anyone able to sneak a peak at BCV’s?

Random question - how insanely busy is SAB most times of the year? Like... will I be able to find a couple deck chairs together for our stuff midday? It serves a lot of people at two resorts, so I can imagine it being extraordinarily busy.

For context, we've only stayed at PVB, CCV, BWV, and RR. Of those, PVB has been by far the busiest and can be somewhat un-enjoyable as a result.
I've had to fight for chairs on a Tuesday in June. It can be bad.

If it's even a little cold, it will be empty. It isn't heated very well.

We've been here all week and have found chairs. But when we've been in summer...Yikes. Have had to store our stuff in lockers at the pool.

Random question - how insanely busy is SAB most times of the year? Like... will I be able to find a couple deck chairs together for our stuff midday? It serves a lot of people at two resorts, so I can imagine it being extraordinarily busy.

For context, we've only stayed at PVB, CCV, BWV, and RR. Of those, PVB has been by far the busiest and can be somewhat un-enjoyable as a result.
It was a nightmare in the summer, couldn't even get chairs at the quiet pool. One of the reasons we won't go back (and yes, I know I am in the minority, just not a fan of the Beach Club).

Saw on one of the book of face BCV groups that the refurb is now listed as until “late fall” in the Pardon Our Pixie Dust message

I've had to fight for chairs on a Tuesday in June. It can be bad.

If it's even a little cold, it will be empty. It isn't heated very well.

Yup in June 2022 we were relegated to sitting on the side of the pool when zero seats were available. My biggest WDW secret is I think SAB is actually overrated for what it is.

In the newly reno'd rooms, did they get rid of the fold down bed under the tv? If so, does that mean all reno'd rooms sleep one less person now?

In the newly reno'd rooms, did they get rid of the fold down bed under the tv? If so, does that mean all reno'd rooms sleep one less person now?
No, it's still there. At BCV that single murphy bed is only in the studios.

On the Disney site, under 1 bedroom description, it says "Sleeps up to 4". What's up with that? Did they always only sleep 4?
Yes. The 1BRs have always slept 4 but the studios have always slept 5. It’s one of those weird 2042 quirks

On the Disney site, under 1 bedroom description, it says "Sleeps up to 4". What's up with that? Did they always only sleep 4?
Yes. If you go to book it tells you a 5th can be accommodated but you have to provide everything for that 5th person - including bed.

Ok, thanks. We are at the VGF in two weeks in a 2 bed. DVC says it sleeps up to 9. BCV 2 bed says it sleeps 8. We have a 2 bed (non lock off) in November. Does this mean there is no single pull down bed in that 2 bed at BCV?

What’s interesting is why they added the TV pullout at the 1BRs at SSR and BRV but not at BCV?
I never understood the decision for any of the resorts to increase studio capacity (or at least beds) to greater than a 1BR. I understand the layout issues but the overall decision was odd. My best guess though is that it was simply a management decision and new management decided it didn't make sense so at SSR they added it to the larger villas since the layout allowed it in most rooms.

Ok, thanks. We are at the VGF in two weeks in a 2 bed. DVC says it sleeps up to 9. BCV 2 bed says it sleeps 8. We have a 2 bed (non lock off) in November. Does this mean there is no single pull down bed in that 2 bed at BCV?
Correct. BCV does not have a single pull down murphy bed in either the 1BR's or 2BR's. It is in the studios there.

I never understood the decision for any of the resorts to increase studio capacity (or at least beds) to greater than a 1BR. I understand the layout issues but the overall decision was odd. My best guess though is that it was simply a management decision and new management decided it didn't make sense so at SSR they added it to the larger villas since the layout allowed it in most rooms.
I’ve wondered the same. Thought maybe expectations play a part in the decisions. If people use the 5 person ability of a studio, they understand alot of sharing space is happening. With a 1BR, especially with the much higher point cost at some resorts, it might be more of a surprise when 5 ppl have a hard time sharing 1 bathroom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter