Anyone able to sneak a peak at BCV’s?

The Poly flip was SO GOOD. How is this one so bland? They couldn't throw some starfish themed tile in the shower or something?

This could be any suburban airport hotel, which IMO is a shame.
Tile would only be during a full refurb though.

The Poly flip was SO GOOD. How is this one so bland? They couldn't throw some starfish themed tile in the shower or something?

This could be any suburban airport hotel, which IMO is a shame.

They wouldn't have to do a lot more to punch up the theming. It wasn't much of a change, but glad it is getting done.

They wouldn't have to do a lot more to punch up the theming. It wasn't much of a change, but glad it is getting done.
Yes, that was paint, drapes etc. We're probably lucky they started doing some furniture in the soft goods refurbs too.

Bummer but I know how hard it can be going back to look for a comment on a post. Was it in a DVC FB group?
I checked all the DVC groups I'm in as well as the Beach & Yacht group and the Boardwalk, Beach and Yacht group and can't find it but it was definitely one of those.

DVC member point exchange and rental was the group name, Carl Wong was the poster. They didn’t have any info on 4th floor opening and 3rd going down just that there were unforeseen issues and that there would be a delay.

DVC member point exchange and rental was the group name, Carl Wong was the poster. They didn’t have any info on 4th floor opening and 3rd going down just that there were unforeseen issues and that there would be a delay.

So a CM said 4th would stay down and there were unforeseen issues with a delay? That could play into the increased availability now and rooms offline Sept/OCt. I wonder if it was a delay in murphy beds/

Thank you! I must have seen a comment referencing that post. I'm in that group but don't 'follow' it since I don't need to rent or exchange so I usually don't see posts from there.

So a CM said 4th would stay down and there were unforeseen issues with a delay? That could play into the increased availability now and rooms offline Sept/OCt. I wonder if it was a delay in murphy beds/
That’s what it sounds like from the post. I can’t figure out how to link a specific Facebook post here or I would. It was posted 6 days ago.

Any info/photos of the 1 or 2 BR units? I didn't join DVC to stay in studios.
There were some pics of a 2 br in the comments. No differences in changes from studios

- new carpet
- new drapes
- new murphy bed
-reupholstered chairs
- repainted
- shower wall mounted shampoo/conditioner etc.

Can you copy and paste the text?
“Got the scoop from Beach Club front desk. So the soft goods refresh completed for all of 5th floor but than they found issues with 4th floor that needed to be addressed before they could proceed so that is why they paused and we saw that massive Feb mar Apr room drop and sep Oct vanish.”
That’s the quote from the poster, anytime asked in post about things they stated they didn’t ask for any specifics.

“Got the scoop from Beach Club front desk. So the soft goods refresh completed for all of 5th floor but than they found issues with 4th floor that needed to be addressed before they could proceed so that is why they paused and we saw that massive Feb mar Apr room drop and sep Oct vanish.”
That’s the quote from the poster, anytime asked in post about things they stated they didn’t ask for any specifics.
That's quite a push out in the timeframe for issues.

That's a bummer....I was REALLY hoping we would see 4th open soon at least

Yes, makes me wonder whether issues with plumbing, electrical or mold discovered when preparing kitchen for new countertops or otherwise opening things up, even just for “refresh.”

The fact that it is delayed to be done in Sept/Oct and not to last until then makes me think supply or labor scheduling issues. They have about 6-8 weeks earmarked in sept/oct. That is about the same that would have been left from end of Feb through early April to finish floors 1-3.

I don't buy it. The 5th floor was fine, the 4th floor is not? Sure there can be additional issues, but OK skip that floor, and move to the 3rd, 2nd, etc. These people know the ins and outs of these buildings after all these years. There is more to it

Wouldn't be surprised to see work continue in a week

I don't buy it. The 5th floor was fine, the 4th floor is not? Sure there can be additional issues, but OK skip that floor, and move to the 3rd, 2nd, etc. These people know the ins and outs of these buildings after all these years. There is more to it

Wouldn't be surprised to see work continue in a week
I have no real opinion myself, just reporting what I saw and others were looking for lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter