Anyone decide to pack it in and cancel trip later this year?

We canceled April, we canceled August, we will probably cancel Jan.When this country decides to seriously fight Covid we'll be back. I don't see that happening before next summer, hopefully.

Cancelled April, June, October and December. Realistically not planning until November 2021 and I think even that trip will be a no go. Dvc might be on the agenda by 2022, but I’m thinking we may have to sell. Things are a mess down in Florida.

Have Aug 4th checkin... W are watching daily numbers for FL and really trying stay positive. Orange County isn't too bad vs Miami area. Fingers crossed as we need a final decisiln before our 7 day checkin.

After a fun but unsettling visit to Downtown Disney in Anaheim yesterday, I shared on the DLR board that I’m 100% canceling my week in December at BCV. Aulani will hopefully be good to go in summer 2021, and I’ll bank points for a trip in December 2021 if things are back to normal.

First canceled September trip, rescheduled for December and just canceled. Still have one for March 2021. Let's see what happens by that time.

We only have December WDW trip left. I cancelled September.
Well, I just added on to the December trip. I booked a DCL Cruise because I saw how liberal the cancellation policy is. It can be changed up to 15 days before.

We actually have two December trips, this one that will start with November 30 cruise, and then our usual NYE trip.

Subject to what the health situation is, but I am hoping these will happen.

Our September vacation is Disney HHI, then Smoky Mountain NP area, and Shenandoah NP. I am keeping an eye on things and hoping for best.

Well, I just added on to the December trip. I booked a DCL Cruise because I saw how liberal the cancellation policy is. It can be changed up to 15 days before.

We actually have two December trips, this one that will start with November 30 cruise, and then our usual NYE trip.

Our September vacation is Disney HHI, then Smoky Mountain NP area, and Shenandoah NP. I am keeping an eye on things and hoping for best.

It should be beautiful up in the Shenandoah area by end of September into October! Makes me want to take a drive out that way!

Before my Disney obsession I used to rent cabins in the parks almost every year. Loved it!

It should be beautiful up in the Shenandoah area by end of September into October! Makes me want to take a drive out that way!

Before my Disney obsession I used to rent cabins in the parks almost every year. Loved it!
With our sons in the ‘80’s Shenandoah was a favorite destination. Four weekends ago, my DH and I spent a night in Winchester VA and it brought back wonderful memories. We were in a hurry to get to Pigeon Forge so it was not possible to do then, but I’m looking forward to doing the Skyline Drive!

We have a night at Big Meadow!

With our sons in the ‘80’s Shenandoah was a favorite destination. Four weekends ago, my DH and I spent a night in Winchester VA and it brought back wonderful memories. We were in a hurry to get to Pigeon Forge so it was not possible to do then, but I’m looking forward to doing the Skyline Drive!

We have a night at Big Meadow!
I've stayed at Big Meadow many times but it's been a long time since I've been up there.

I've stayed at Big Meadow many times but it's been a long time since I've been up there.
Me too! In fact it was when our oldest son visited JMU his senior year! We ate at Big Meadows for old times sake. We moved to Ohio for years and years and now we’re back in NJ.

Cancelled April 2020. Cancelled July 2020. Just cancelled Thanksgiving week. Not ready yet. Might try Spring Break 2021.

Local resident here. Cancelled September 2020. We have another trip booked for December. Will cancel that one if things don’t improve by a significant measure.

At the end of last year and early this year DH and I were kicking around the idea of a modified cross country trip (not all the way to CA) but then CV19 happened and that was the end of that...now with all the rioting going on and the spikes in CV19 I'm really glad I hadn't waisted too much time planning that trip. Lately I'm getting the itch to go someplace. We are thinking of maybe renting a small (class C) RV and taking a short trip. I'm going to investigate your idea of Smoky Mt NP and Shenandoah NP, as a kid my dad took us on the Skyline Drive beautiful ride. When you go do you camp or rent a cabin? What do you do for lodging?

Back on topic, we have a January 2021 trip planned, so far we are still planning to go. I'm keeping my fingers crossed 🤞 that trip goes as planned. Only time will tell but at this point I'm thinking it's still a go. :tink:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter