Anyone decide to pack it in and cancel trip later this year?

What does that mean?
SImply put.... WDW needs DVC points for room re-allocation. They only own so many of these.
Meanwhile? DVC Owners that will loose points are RENTING them out, via third party agencies.

Effect: WDW will experience a lower market price for rooms.

Solution: WDW Claws back DVC points, for their use, at Market Price to DVC Owners. Owners win, WDW wins.

SImply put.... WDW needs DVC points for room re-allocation. They only own so many of these.
Meanwhile? DVC Owners that will loose points are RENTING them out, via third party agencies.

Effect: WDW will experience a lower market price for rooms.

Solution: WDW Claws back DVC points, for their use, at Market Price to DVC Owners. Owners win, WDW wins.
Dean that's what I thought, but I never heard the term "Claw Back" before. I agree with that thought.

I just canceled my August trip. I just can’t put my 10 year old in that situation, it would be disgustingly irresponsible of me as a parent! People need to stop looking at it as the “Disney bubble”! Covid exists everywhere! Florida will only be worse in a month if they stay on the coarse they are on. I’m shocked they want to open being that Florida is in a worse state now than when they closed in March 🤷🏻‍♀
Please if you’re going be careful...don’t ever let your guard down just because you’re in Disney!

I was so on the verge of purchasing passes yesterday. Now I know what a :yo-yo: feels like! Right now though I'm looking for a local backup for our 2 weeks vacation in December and maybe push our Florida trip to the Spring.

We are looking at canceling our early December trip... It was with another family that would be first timers at Disney. The only real hold up is that we rented point and the deposit is non-refundable so trying to figure out if we try to sell the reservation, cut our losses, or what....

We are holding out hope for October. We have 2 nights BLT, 5 days house hunting, 3 nights SSR. No parks planned. I will see how it plays out closer to our trip at worst I lose 5 nights points and 1 airfare, used a companion pass for the DH. Our Hilton is refundable up to 2r hours prior to arrival and so is the car rental.

I really want to find a house but I don't want to die before we can use it.

Cancelled trip rescheduled from April to August for a few reasons
1) spiking cases in FLA
2) general reluctance to travel while the pandemic is still a big factor. We have some folks who could be considered at risk
3) not wanting to deal with quarantine on both sides
4) not wanting to waste a trip/money for a limited experience. We go every few years and would rather wait and see how this all progresses. We were supposed to spend my daughters sweet 16 there in April. Once that went by the boards we feel no urgency to go now

Which is the biggest reason? Depends what day we talk about it. But they def all combine for us to take a pass right now

We just cancelled our 14 night trip at the beginning of December due to a variety of reasons including not currently being able enter the US and lack of medical / cancellation cover for Covid-19 with our travel insurance being the main ones. We have a trip scheduled for May, hopefully things will improve by then.

We just cancelled our 14 night trip at the beginning of December due to a variety of reasons including not currently being able enter the US and lack of medical / cancellation cover for Covid-19 with our travel insurance being the main ones. We have a trip scheduled for May, hopefully things will improve by then.

I'm in the US and we are probably going to do the same. Our trip is the second week of December and I'm looking to just reschedule for May for a birthday trip. I'm just waiting it out a bit longer since it's a DVC reservation but when seeing so much availability going forward it looks like many people may be doing the same.

Earlier I moved my September trip to January. I was glad to find availability. In fact, availability was way better than I expected it would be.

Cancelled 3 trips for this year - May, August, and December. Rebooked for next April. I believe this is partcularly prudent being in the older demographic, and since Gov. Desantis has now told us oldies to stay home with the booming infections in the state. Further, looking at the reopening pics, that isn't a Disney World vacation as I know it.

We have been to WDW 5 times since 2015, so missing our 2020 trip ins't really that big a deal. I think this might factor into a lot of people's decision to sit out for 2020, plus the cost of going for a limited experience. Hopefully 2021 brings some much better news.

I am THISCLOSE to cancelling my mid-August trip. :sad1:
I really think you should consider this :(. All personal opinion.... please decide, for your family

1) What do you GET?
2) Risk level
3) Cost for 1+2.

Risk level includes transportation, State Mandates, County Mandates, non of which WDW has direct control over :(.

OUR Family (just two of us) cancelled all 2020 activity. We are solidly booked for APR 2021.
But we have done so in a fashion that allows us to BAIL, at 31 days prior to vacation.

We refer to this as "defensive booking".

I canceled Christmas AKL club level. Pour one out for that.

I gave my banked points to a relative who recently had Covid to go NEXT WEEK. She's thrilled, I'm thrilled. I'm rescheduled for Spring. Maybe that will work?

We have now canceled 3 trips in 2020. Booked a short trip in January to use expiring, banked from 2019 points. Now hoping that things will be better in April 2021.

I admit that the pictures from the resorts and some of the soft opening had me sooo jealous for the low crowds. quarantines aside, I really wanted to see the numbers getting better for FL (and not just for my own selfish reasons), but they don’t seem to be.

We have a vacation planned for the 1st week in December and I totally have my head in the sand about it. I know we are going to have to cancel it. I just don’t want to believe it. We had our spring break cancelled. This will be the first time since we bought in 2002 that we haven’t gone in a year. Makes me so sad. This is crazy!

We canceled trips in Oct and November. I'm hoping for maybe March 2021 but we won't travel until the COVID situation is under control better control so this is just a tentative plan for now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter