Anyone else having issues with My Disney Experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm one of the people who should have been able to book Tuesday. Today my tickets are there and I can book FPs (of course the prime attractions are sold out) but my son's is not. SERIOUSLY????

I just booked them for myself. Did the best I could. Guess Disney will be adding my son to them (and adding SDD).

Last edited:
All of our stuff is back both on the app and the website. This happened Tuesday and yesterday though. They would appear and then disappear again. We leave in 50 days so plenty of time to fix this but I REALLY feel for those trying to make their FP+.

I just went online this morning and all of my tickets are finally there! Maybe they finally got the glitch worked out. I was about to call, but thought I'd check first, and boy was I surprised! I was able to book my FP+, with only SDD being the one I couldn't snag. I had planned on getting there before rope drop anyway, so I was okay with that. Boy what a headache!

Wait, they issued you bonus FP before your booking window even opened (I guess in anticipation for it still being broken)? Great for you, but I’m so confused... LOL. Some people who already missed their window didn’t get that, but I guess it’s all luck of who you talk to.

I was actually able to book fast passes yesterday for half my party. My husband spoke with a cast member who INSISTED three times that we will be able to add the rest of our party to the existing times when their tickets show back up. I guess now I wait and see. If that is the case, I’ll be happy. If I can’t add them to our existing FOP time, you can bet we will be calling back.

It does indeed depend on who you talk to. I didn't call. We did a chat through mde. And yes, they booked a single fp per day. The CM said it was part of our 3, but it's not.

Has anyone "heard" what Disney is going to do for those that have missed their FP opportunities? Their ADRs? To think you can spend a lot money on a vacation and utilize "their" system only to be left with "the problem should be resolved quickly?" Surely they can eventually see which parties have been victims to this "glitch" and provide some sort of FP compensation, etc for the days missed? That is the right thing to do. When rides "shut down" for technical issues, they supplement those FPs. Surely they can do something similar here. Going to have some very disappointed kiddos.....so sad and disappointing when you are forced to use their system. While it is understood that problems do occur, here's hoping they can "make it right" with those who have lost out on their "magical time."
I don't think they'll do anything across the board, but will grease the squeaky wheels so to speak. So call, voice your complaint and see if they'll do something to compensate.

My tickets are finally back and I was able to add my DH and myself to my DD's existing FP+. Except for SDD and 7DMT. My daughter is a thrill ride junkie. She's 5 and not tall enough for most rides so those were important to me. She gets bored on the little kid rides and begs to go on the big ones. I will keep trying as I know plans change. I will also be calling back tonight.

As of this morning, mine was back up and running. I was able to make fp selections.

That was my first experience with a Disney technology outage. It is kind of shocking to me that they do everything so well in the park, but the app remained down for 2 full days.

I could not get FOP and slinky dog. We are not rope drop people but may have to this trip. I told DH next trip let's go to Universal, it shouldn't be this stressful to plan your vacation.

I love Universal! You should if you haven't!

But prepare to wait in just as long as a line at some Universal rides as you would for SDD unless you pay extra.

I will call today and complain how their issue caused me to miss out on getting fast passes for the new rides.

It is bad enough I have to compete with off site hotels getting fast passes now, then you have those who does throw away rooms to get fast passes, then you can buy extra fast passes, so when something like this comes up you screwed. But if you want spend the extra $$$ and you can buy the Early Magic Hours at those parks now so you can ride the new rides.

The fast pass system is f'd up.

For anyone to had only one ticket in your party show up- did you book FPs for just that one ticket, and were they able to add on the other members of your party later?

the app remained down for 2 full days.
Although it hasn’t been mentioned here on TPAS, on other boards, forums, and websites it’s been noted that new ticket structuring goes into place next month. In order for the new structuring to be up and running by mid-October, Disney has to get all that new programming into the MDX system.

MDX has always been glitching prior to major programming changes - dessert parties, dining packages, new attractions, etc. always cause downtime for MDX...and it’s referred to as Magical Enhancements. ;)

Just asking this here because the other thread is closed....how is anyone able to connect to chat? It's always greyed out. I've been trying on and off for 3 hours.

Just asking this here because the other thread is closed....how is anyone able to connect to chat? It's always greyed out. I've been trying on and off for 3 hours.
I was yesterday around 6. I had also chatted a couple of times during the day the day before. The first two times I got put on a waitlist for about 15 minutes, then straight to a CM. Last night, clicked right in with a 15 minute wait before I got a CM. I think you pretty much have to just sit there and refresh until availability pops up. I just checked and when you hover over the icon, it says that all cm's are busy. If you have the time and patience, just keep refreshing the page. It beats sitting on hold for an hour with your phone tied up.

I didn't use the chat feature. My MDE is still not quite right but I was able to make some fast pass picks. Very disappointed about toy story land trying to convince DH to let us to do the extra magic hours thing so DD can go on the new rides. I am so upset over this. This is their system.

They made it hard to get the fast passes then this happens and you can't get FP for the new rides.

Availability for a lot of rides is way down from this morning. No safari or Everest available my first day (Nov 10) anymore. No RNR or ToT available on my last day (Nov 14)!

Except for the fact that my son is missing so I made all the FPs just for myself, everything is fine for me other than missing SDD. I'm more concerned about missing my son than missing SDD though LOL.

This is so ridiculous. Wait time still over an hour. Wheres the famous Disney customer service people keep talking about? Lol. I’m living with my fastpasses as at least I have some and my trip is not till next month. There’s been no acknowledgement that this is a major malfunction and has seriously impacted people’s vacation. They should be calling back every customer that called over the last few days. A pr disaster and I can’t imagine another major company like this just doing nothing. We followed their rules, did everything they said to do and nothing. No outreach. No acknowledgment. Man up Disney. Call in more employees. Nope. Nothing. Crickets. Ridiculous.

I could not get FOP and slinky dog. We are not rope drop people but may have to this trip. I told DH next trip let's go to Universal, it shouldn't be this stressful to plan your vacation.

Yes, this. I told my DH yesterday if they aren’t able to fix it and apply our FP reservations (we were able to make them for half our party) to everyone at the same times (including our FOP FP), I’m going to speak with my money and go to universal next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter