Anyone else in the "No, I don't have a pin!" club?

jovidan said:
First off, I'm also in the no pin club.

Now, I know people say that Disney is completely right for only giving pins (or mostly) giving them to people who generally don't stay at a Disney Resort, since why would they give them to people who always stay there?

I understand this from a certain business point of view, but I think it's completely and utterly wrong. Would I ever call Disney to make a stink about it? Neh - Won't get me anywhere. But since I saw this thread, I felt it a god place to rant.

Am I happy for the people that get the codes - Absolutely.

Do I feel bad for the devoted customers who don't get squat - Yup.

I am with you 100% Jovidan.....

So what exactly DO YOU have to do to get into this pin club....I am a member of everyhthing Disney..it's like some sick elite fraternity that everyone wants in on!!! :rotfl:

jenjersnap said:
Add us to the list. I kept making DH call since I have an AP and we have different last names ... that is, until AP discounts were announced.

Now I fear we'll never see a code since we got a vacation planner that sais something like "Welcome XX family, frequent guests at Walt Disney World". Uh oh, they know they have us by the Mickey ears! :earboy2:

I just got the e-mail too! it said "welcome back" and "xx family vacation" and it said one of the packages i saved for comparison through my disney planner on the site. i dunno if thats just because ive been actively looking on the site... but i dont want to check for a PIN now because i dont need one until january lol and if i get one now and not then ill be mad so id rather not call until i need to!

Snoozan said:
No pin for me either. It is kind of painful thinking I'll be paying $99+ tax for Pop in May. I can't remember the last trip I've paid "rack" rate. I did find out yesterday on my weekly call for pin code that my email address was not linked to my address profile, but was only on my reservation. I had the nicest CM who made sure my profile was updated with my email. He also advised that all the discount codes, postcards, etc. for this current season(up to 7/4/05, I believe)have all been released.

The only postcard I got was last fall, but good thing I didn't plan a trip as it would have been during one of the hurricanes! I did get to use a postcard rate once, but it was my sister who received it(even though she'd only been there with me before under a ressie I made!). We made a sister-only trip to take advantage of that postcard rate!
Does anyone have any idea when the summer pin codes will be released? Oh I just can't wait to be pinned! (Think Lion King)

We went on our first family trip to WDW in April 2004 - throughout the fall and winter I received 4-5 post cards with pin codes. They all expired in April 2005, we are going in July. I have no doubt that I will not receive another post card now that I have booked our trip. It is very frustrating. I was able to get a AAA rate which helps. This summer's trip is 10 days and is the same price that we paid last April (Easter) for 6 days. :confused3

I'm not trying to book a trip right now, so I don't know if I have pin this year or not.

Last year I got the "Delux for the price of a Moderate" post card and we actually used it twice in one summer. AKL in may and WL in July!

No, not going to WDW for over a year will not get you a pin. We last went in 2002 and still no pin. We are share holders, Disney magazine subscribers,we visit the web site and have tried all of the "tricks". Still no luck....?

We are goin in May and I've been calling to check for codes next to my name every week or so. Looks like AAA is the discount I'll be using this year-oh well. :earsgirl:

W21981Brick said:
We are goin in May and I've been calling to check for codes next to my name every week or so. Looks like AAA is the discount I'll be using this year-oh well. :earsgirl:

I have been calling once a week, for weeks, and no luck. We too will be using AAA, but a guess some discount is better than none. I am very happy for people who receive pin codes, but it is a little frustrating when people are staying at a moderate for cheaper than my AAA rate at POP, but we budgeted for this and I in no way would let it ruin my trip!

have been 2 twice in 3 years and plannign to go again this Fall. Are subscribers to the Disney Magazinem, have a Disney Visa and order the planning guides once a year and have NEVER gotten a code! However, I did find out last week when making reservations for October that they had an email for me that I never had!!!! I corrected this and HOPE I may get a code so that we can upgrade to WL (from POFQ) for mid-October.

My fingers are crossed!!!!

KAPP

I have never gotten a pin code and I have been to Disney at least 25 times. My DH and I went on our honeymoon, we take my daughter every year on her birthday and we are going this December to celebrate MVMCP. We have the visa card, the magazine, everything Disney you can think of in our house, we have.....But still no Pin....Oh well...

I will just keep hoping and waiting :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter