Anyone else no longer able to see their July cruise reservation? ** Update: Magic cruises cancelled thru early August

We are booked on the 10 night Copenhagen to Dover, I don't think it will sail and I'm confused as to why Disney left 4 or 5 Europe cruises 'on the table' as it were. I'm just waiting for the 2022 cruises to be announced to hopefully move our reservation over.

It seems weird that the 10 night Northern European goes through 6 countries would be their first trip back in Europe.

To be fair, THEY are not the ones killing Alaska. That is the government of Canada banning all large ships and the PSVA (PVSA?) - the act which prevents round trip cruises to/from US ports without going to a "distant foreign port". They MAY be holding off on Alaska because I strongly suspect the cruise industry is lobbying congress for at least a temporary suspension of the act under these circumstances and they want to see if it can be done. But if it can't, it is not Disney or any of the other lines "killing" Alaska.

I think even if PVSA were suspended there are issues. No inside passage, have to arrange embarkation at Seattle, which also completely changes porting possibilities. Have to go wide into choppy Pacific waters, as the Canadian rule isn't just about the ports, but also sailing in their waters. Can't even get a big ship out of Seattle without sailing in Canadian waters.

I think even if PVSA were suspended there are issues. No inside passage, have to arrange embarkation at Seattle, which also completely changes porting possibilities. Have to go wide into choppy Pacific waters, as the Canadian rule isn't just about the ports, but also sailing in their waters. Can't even get a big ship out of Seattle without sailing in Canadian waters.

Its my understanding that the DCL (along with the other major cruise lines that routinely sail to Alaska) are also petitioning Canada for some type of right of way agreements, so that they could at least sail in Canadian waters on the way to Alaska. The fact that DCL hasn't yet canceled Alaska, but canceled Europe through to August is telling that talks are happening. They may not be successful, but I do believe they are trying.

Sad times even though I knew our Greek Isle cruise in June would be cancelled. checking to see if they will honor our discounts for a new sailing. Fingers crossed

Our May Alaska is still on there - anyone have their Alaska cancelled other than the ones longer than 7 nights? I know it's coming...honestly I don't know what they're waiting for to cancel.
I received an e-mail earlier today cancelling our May Alaska cruise.

Kinda bummed my cruise was not cancelled. Booked with OBB credit but want to switch to 2022. Have heard since it is not cancelled my OBB credit wont be extended. On the september norway cruise. Waiting for it to be cancelled therefore waiting to book summer 2022 makes me a bit nervous considering so many people will be booking I imagine.

Kinda bummed my cruise was not cancelled. Booked with OBB credit but want to switch to 2022. Have heard since it is not cancelled my OBB credit wont be extended. On the september norway cruise. Waiting for it to be cancelled therefore waiting to book summer 2022 makes me a bit nervous considering so many people will be booking I imagine.
Ugh, well that doesn't make me happy. We are book on the 'first Magic cruise', the 10 night Northern Europe. We won't be sailing (even if the cruise DOES which I don't think it will) and are planning to move it to 2022. It's booked with an OBB credit. Grrrr. I just want to move the money over with the discount, etc, not lose the OBB.

So it's officially canceled now for June, July and half of August for The Magic.
I just read it on the DCL blog.
Because we were not paid in full, we lose our OBB, that's really crappy of them not to give me more time to use it.
understand your disappointment. Maybe, they wanted to give the opportunity to many who were on this summers cruise to rebook at opening day prices when 2022 summer cruises are released.

understand your disappointment. Maybe, they wanted to give the opportunity to many who were on this summers cruise to rebook at opening day prices when 2022 summer cruises are released.

Actually, because the first cruise they cancelled back in May of 2019 was paid in full, they did give me a FCC on my account instead of the refund.

Actually, because the first cruise they cancelled back in May of 2019 was paid in full, they did give me a FCC on my account instead of the refund.
refund would have been easier, but hope you get what you want. Maybe, a longer process. Hope they would make things easier.

It's now been confirmed in another group that placeholders/OBBs will be extended to expire Sept 30 2022 as long as they are "attached" to a cruise that is booked to sail by that same date. Phew!

It's now been confirmed in another group that placeholders/OBBs will be extended to expire Sept 30 2022 as long as they are "attached" to a cruise that is booked to sail by that same date. Phew!
Is that true if you weren’t PIF? I had an OBB but hadn’t paid in full (like others on this thread). I thought it disappeared when they canceled—will they let me have it back as a placeholder to use when the 2022 summer cruises come out?

Is that true if you weren’t PIF? I had an OBB but hadn’t paid in full (like others on this thread). I thought it disappeared when they canceled—will they let me have it back as a placeholder to use when the 2022 summer cruises come out?
According to the post I read (I'm unable to post the link here) as long as your placeholder is applied to a cruise that sails before September 30 2022, the OBB will be honoured. We are not PIF for our August Europe cruise, I'm planning to call once the new dates are announced and move the $ over and apparently my OBB should move over as well.

It's also being discussed in this thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/obb-credit-extended.3827423/#post-62723106

According to the post I read (I'm unable to post the link here) as long as your placeholder is applied to a cruise that sails before September 30 2022, the OBB will be honoured. We are not PIF for our August Europe cruise, I'm planning to call once the new dates are announced and move the $ over and apparently my OBB should move over as well.

It's also being discussed in this thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/obb-credit-extended.3827423/#post-62723106
Thank you!

Princess and HAL have started cancelling their Vancouver Alaska sailings: https://thepointsguy.com/news/cruise-lines-begin-canceling-alaska-sailings/

DCL won't be the first back to any port, and HAL and Princess throwing up their hands trying to preserve late season and giving up on early is not a good sign for DCL. DCL would still have to transit the PC to get a partial season, and that starts destroying any remaining profit margin fast.

Our Norway cruise (Sept 4th) would be the 3rd cruise back. I was hopeful it could happen until this latest news. If they are going to cancel it, I would like them to cancel before my PIF in April. I think I'm going to check out Aulani in Hawaii and try Norway again in '22.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter