anyone else up right now waiting for SW flights to drop?

we were able to get presidents week...not the exact times i wanted but prices were doable...how about you?

We needed President's week also (from ISP). This was probably the most we've ever had to "pay" (fortunately it was all on points) for flights to/from Florida. Still, less than all other airlines (what's the deal with JetBlue prices these days? :scared1: ). Times aren't exactly what I would prefer, but they've eliminated so many flights compared to what they had a handful of years ago, there's not much to choose from anymore.

Just purchased finally. The schedule for ISP on the days I needed is horrible. I refuse to leave my vacation on an 8am flight. So we're flying down on SW, but coming back on JetBlue to JFK. Not too happy that we are flying there at the crack of dawn, but at least we'll have lots of pool time on our first day!

We got President's Week from Islip, too. I didn't mind the times, but the prices were high. They kept going up as I was trying to complete my order, too. I lost my price three times before I finally got it.

Last edited:

Ok so I was not alone, I start work at 6:30am and started checking then and checked every 30 min up to 9am. I actually did some work and checked at 9:45 ish and the fares where up and it said there where 3 tickets left for my return flight😫 so I had to pretty much run 🏃‍♀️ 3 blocks back to my office to book the flights. I’M BOOKED. ☺️

Just purchased finally. The schedule for ISP on the days I needed is horrible. I refuse to leave my vacation on an 8am flight. So we're flying down on SW, but coming back on JetBlue to JFK. Not too happy that we are flying there at the crack of dawn, but at least we'll have lots of pool time on our first day!

We got President's Week from Islip, too. I didn't mind the times, but the prices were high. They kept going up as I was trying to complete my order, too. I list my price three times before I finally got it.

It's terrible how SW has reduced the flights in/out of ISP. They used to have about 5 a day going to MCO. Now, it's usually 2 (one at sunrise and one at or after sunset). I remember an article in Newsday a couple of years ago about how SW had about 50% of the totals flights they used to have maybe 5 years earlier. It seems they have cut even more in the couple of years since that article ran. I don't get it. Every flight I've been on from/to ISP has been full - and at higher prices than they charge for pretty much any other northeast airport. You would think they would want to expand service, not cut it. I guess since ISP is primarily leisure travel (most flights are to the FL airports), that's why they cut service. Seems airlines (as well as the major hotel operators like Hilton. Mariott, etc.) have shifted all their focus towards business travel and are not overly concerned with vacation travelers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter