Anyone going October 2004?

I'll be there with 3 girlfriends from Oct 12 - 17. We're doing MNSSHP on Oct 14, AK on the 13th and Epcot on the 15th (for F & W). We're skipping MGM - some of us have done it, and the others aren't that interested. We're also doing the GF afternoon tea on the 14th before heading over to MK - hoping to stuff our guts with yummy tea food before MNSSHP so we don't have to stop to eat except maybe for snacks! The evening of the 13th we may hit DD and PI - depends on our energy level. And on the 16th we will just shop and sightsee, and end with swimming and a BBQ at the brother of one of our gang. 3 of us are from Barbados, and shopping is as much a priority as Disney, hence our limited time in the parks!

The wife and I are going for our first Disney trip Oct. 17 - 24th. The first 4 nights will be in Disney with the remainder with her family over in Universal for Horror Nights. She's been a couple of times before but this will be my first trip to either so I'm pretty excited and of course she is too!

Yeah baby,

This October 8th - 15 DW (AKA Morticia here on the DIS) and I will spend 7 magical nights at AKL concierge. But wait! Thats not even enough time in The World... soooo what the heck... we'll be staying ANOTHER week at the BC concierge.

A fitting stay to enjoy the Epcot food and wine festival. Man I just hope those stories about people leaving Mission Space covered in vomit are urban legends and not fact. The horror. The horror. Trapped in a tiny capsule with 3 other adults, vomit flying everywhere.... the horror....

Darian

I've ridden <I>Mission:Space</I> probably a few hundred times (I'm local and AP holder). I used to see people sometimes getting sick into the garbage can in the exit hall, would see EMTs occasionally hauling people away, and the ride was shut down repeatedly for "clean-up." Since the installation of the "space sickness bags" (which I hate), the only person I have seen use them was a kid who sat there for a minute or two still vomitting into the bag while I was waiting to take his seat for the ride. I guess it <I>did</I> smell a bit odd in there for awhile until the cold air inside blasted it all out. :hyper:

I love that ride, but the sickness bags touching my knee throughout the experience are a bummer. :mad: Still, it's better than Guests getting sick openly into the capsule.

BTW - I'm at WDW often, and <I>very</I> often in October. Please say hello if you see me (pic below and I usually wear a WDW Chip 'n' Dale name tag with "Taswira" or "Shari").

DH and I are bringing our DS and new DDIL - are we still "kidless" or do we all become kids again ????? It's going to be different with adult kids - has anyone done this ?? It's DDIL's first time to see the Mouse and DS hasn't been there since he was 12 (now he's 26) Staying at Fort Wilderness - October 3 - 9.

:jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1:

I will be there October 7-11... bringing my ds (21) and dd (23) .......hope to finally be able to go to Jellyrolls (now that they are both of age, and hope to have lots of adventures..... :bounce: :Pinkbounc

DH and I will be there from Oct 8 thru the 15th and will be celebrating our 8th anniversary. We always go in October since we honeymooned at WDW. Hope to see lots of DISers there!! Wear your lime green!

Is everyone else as excited as I am that October is coming quickly?! I can't believe my counter is in the low 30's almost 20's already! I can't wait to go!!!

Originally posted by born2ski
Is everyone else as excited as I am that October is coming quickly?! I can't believe my counter is in the low 30's almost 20's already! I can't wait to go!!!

I try not to think about it cuz it makes it hard to sleep at night and I can't seem to get a durn thing done during the day if all I do is day dream about that sand bottom pool and pool bar at the AKL!!!! I bet one of those gazelles roasting on the BBQ would taste pretty nice with a south African beer....

Darian

PS as of this post our trip is only 17 days away.....

Down to 7 days away! I'm goin' NUTS!!!!!! I can't wait!!!!!!

First thing I'm gonna do after check in is visit the AKL conceirge lounge and have a libation of some African wine and enjoy the ambiance!!!

Darian

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter