• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone going on BSM 10/20/09?

We are from Tennessee. Our package came from snail mail. Not sure how long it takes to get to other countries? By the way, we only got the cardboard memory box. Very underwhelming

Thanks! Hope we get the box next week. Would really up our excitement. We had to go buy new luggage today just to 'do something' to hold us over lol

No, we did not go through a travel agent. We booked directly through ABD. I was told that we would probably get our package by the first week of sept so I was suprised to see it come a week early.

We have our fingers crossed it will arrive this week here! What is inside the box? I heard that there was a cardboard memory box that a lot of people think is cheap and unDisney. Not sure if I see it that way, anything Disney is cool! :thumbsup2

No, we did not go through a travel agent. We booked directly through ABD. I was told that we would probably get our package by the first week of sept so I was suprised to see it come a week early.

Interesting new item. Hopefully, I have a little surprise at my doorstep sometime this week. 51 Days! Yay! :goodvibes

Hopefully I'll also recieve my package soon. Allthough it probably won't be til next week or maybe later. Damn international mail LOL.

I received my gift box today! Woo-Hoo! This is exciting!!!! My friend received hers as well. One more friend to let us know when she arrives home. :yay:

This is my second time and I'm just as thrilled as the first one.

Lydia, If you only received a little box, they did not send you everything. If you would like, I can send you a PM to tell you what was in there so you know what to ask about? There were things inside the little box and the big box. In fact, I like the little box better than the one received last year. Let me know, I'm happy to help out a little to be able to inquire a bit more. I just don't want to ruin the surprise for anyone else.

Second time Jack!

Is it really THAT good?!?! ;)

I don't mind spoilers but my wife does lol

Second time Jack!

Is it really THAT good?!?! ;)

I don't mind spoilers but my wife does lol

Hi U2Fan!! Yes, it's really THAT good! ;) I see you are a Disney fan, so you will love it. Also, I can't say enough about the guides and how they take care of their guests. I am going with friends this time. Our Hubbys are staying home. Can't wait. I know about the spoilers. We had a HUGE chat going since we were the first group last April. We were asking all sorts of questions. We had a great source who got to be part of the pre-trip to try out all the stops. He was so much fun for us! Gave us hints and some of us just had to know! I didn't mind them myself, but my friend does. She doesn't want to know what was in our gift box. :) She wants to experience all the surprises. I plan to just sit back and enjoy everything slowly this time. I couldn't wait for the next event the last time. It went by so quickly.

Just the other day they changed our flight schedules and we were going to be getting in at 2:30 instead of 11:30. I called and they didn't think they could do anything but then they found something, now we get in at 11! It's through Toronto which can be a nightmare but we will tough it out.

On another note, we may be the two sleepy people the first night. After a total of 8 hours in the air (not including stops) and a four hour timezone difference (we are 4 ahead), we may be a little off.

Jacksparrowfan,
We got the big box with all the stuff in it (backpacks, etc). I was just disappointed in the cardboard memory box. I would have preferred something a little bit more sturdy.

My package came yesterday via UPS. I liked it, I was showing everyone the pictures in the itinerary of places I'll be going.

Can't wait til the tour starts.

Cant wait for your trip reports as this is on the top 3 for next year. There is one really good report from last year however I could use more to get some more perspectives!

I really miss having a ABD to look forward to:sad1:

Backpacks are all aired out here! They had that funny "factory" smell to them but two days outside and a little febreeze did the trick!

I almost got screwed (sorry for the language) by our airline as they just switched our itinerary. We were getting in at 11:30 but now we were making an "illegal connection". So the new time was 3pm!!! I called they said, hmm, no seats left let me see what I can do. 20 mins later they came back with better flights. Now we get in at 11am! After almost 12 hours of travelling, I'm sure we will need to freshen up for the supper :)

Looking forward to it now that's for sure! 42 Days 16 Hours 12 Mins 45 Secs!!!

Cant wait for your trip reports as this is on the top 3 for next year. There is one really good report from last year however I could use more to get some more perspectives!
I really miss having a ABD to look forward to:sad1:

I bet you read Melanies! She worked so hard on that report. It was terrific! If you would like to read some more...

******SPOILER ALERT!****** Here are some reports:

#1: This one has a link to a blog (it notes "Beci") and then 3 reviews (mine is on there as well):

http://land.allears.net/reviewpost/showproduct.php?product=388&cat=86

#2: Here is another really good one: http://www.sailingbeagle.blogspot.com/

#3: http://barbnefer.blogspot.com/2008/04/figment-and-dreamfinder.html

#4: http://www.wileenet.com/DisneyTripReports/AbD_BackStageMagic/index.htm (click the date on the calendar to see pics and a report)

#5: Here is our thread from last year: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1717448

Backpacks are all aired out here! They had that funny "factory" smell to them but two days outside and a little febreeze did the trick!

I almost got screwed (sorry for the language) by our airline as they just switched our itinerary. We were getting in at 11:30 but now we were making an "illegal connection". So the new time was 3pm!!! I called they said, hmm, no seats left let me see what I can do. 20 mins later they came back with better flights. Now we get in at 11am! After almost 12 hours of travelling, I'm sure we will need to freshen up for the supper :)

Looking forward to it now that's for sure! 42 Days 16 Hours 12 Mins 45 Secs!!!

Hi U2Fan! Wow, the airlines are really messing with your flights, aren't they? I am happy to hear you will be in at 11am. Plenty of time to relax, regroup, and be ready for the evening fun. I hope you only have to deal with one connection and not multiple? My friends and I can't wait for this trip! But, it will be here before we know it!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter