• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone going on BSM 10/20/09?

Just checking out the closures of attractions for when we are on the tour.

Disneyland Railroad is closed...anyone know if this means that we won't be able to go on the Lilly Belle?

I checked the weather forecast. It looks like at least a high of 75 degress everyday. Also, how much money should we set aside for tipping our guides.

I checked the weather forecast. It looks like at least a high of 75 degress everyday. Also, how much money should we set aside for tipping our guides.

Hi LydiaH!
There is some information on gratuities in that little booklet we received with the backpack. It is on page 16. They note per adult/per adventure guide/per day = $5 to $9. They also give an example. In looking, I just received my answer for the bellmen and housekeepers (the list others too). All gratiuities for their services are included in the itinerary. I couldn't remember what we did last year. So...yay! :)

Allie...in regards to the trains. One never knows what surprises the Guides will have for us. If we definitely don't get that, they may have something else up their magical sleeve.

I am soooo looking forward to this! :goodvibes

We are back from our tour. It was another great and special tour. Our Guides were Michael and Jaime. They were top-notch and so wonderful to meet and get-to-know! Being on the tour for a second time, they did many of the activities from the first time. They have also added some changes.

IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW SOME OF THE ADDED DETAILS...DO NOT READ ON...

I will list a few highlights of changes that was different from my first tour:
We did get to see Walts Apartment. This time, we got to sit down in the chairs and the couches and listen to our hosts speak. We were not able to do that the last time. I watched one of our tour-mates really get emotional. When you are a Disney fan, this is a big deal and I can understand that persons feelings. It was great! I can't explain it, but something about being there is amazing! Another thing we got to do was ride the Omni-Bus. They loaded us inside the gate next to Walts Apartment. They opened those gates and off we went for our grand tour down Main St to the Castle and back to the apartment. I LOVED this!!! We had a mini-Walk in Walts Footsteps tour as well. We also got to experience the Archives with Dave Smith and see a Sound Stage at Disney Studios.

I still love this tour! And, may do it again in a couple of years as changes take place. The Guides help make these tours extra-special. We also have met some very nice people which is always a plus on these tours!

Glad you guys had a great time! I'm sure I'll end up taking this tour at some point. Glad to hear it's still magical!

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter