Anyone have info on Super Grover Pass for SeaWorld use?

We just got back so I wanted to update.

The Super Grover pass was wonderful. We were given preferred parking at Aquatica, Sea World, and Busch Gardens without asking. we were able to sit in the Platinum preferred seating at all shows that offered it. The discounts on food and shopping helped. We bought a refillable bottle our first day at Aquatica and were able to get 99c refills at all the parks each day.

All the animal food at Sea World/BG is discounted. we loved feeding the birds at BG and got some great pictures. All the feeding is fun. They sometimes offer a deal at sea world but not during the time we were there.

In the preferred seating area they do look at your passes to check for each person. Often there was still empty space in this section until the show starts so we were able to get in at the last minute and still see well. I'm trying to think of shows that did not have reserved seating and all I can think of is Pirates 4-D at Busch Gardens and the Sea world A'Lure show.

We didn't use the ride again feature anywhere.

Any questions?

How much did you pay? Right now, the website is quoting $194.99 for each pass. Is there anyway to get even more of a discount?

Up Until March first or April first it was discounted. I live near sesame place and have seen discounts for day pass, but not season passes this late.

You are correct. They go on "sale" 2x per year - first there is the discount in Feb/Mar and then at the end of the summer (Aug usually), you can buy a pass for 2012 with the remainder of 2011 free. Still full price, but get about 17 months instead of 12.

Also, FWIW, we just got back from BG Williamsburg and I will reiterate what has already been stated:
1. yes, we got free preferred parking
2. Yes, we DID have to show photo ID at the gate in addition to the finger scan thingie. Yes, the kids were asked for ID - but they are 5 so I asked her what ID did the average 5 year old carry? She then asked them each their name and that was the end.
3. Yes, we did get the food discount
4. at BG Williamsburg there IS NO RIDE AGAIN privileges for anyone - super grover/platinum whatever.

We head to Sea World soon so fingers crossed it is as smooth as BG was last week!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Up Until March first or April first it was discounted. I live near sesame place and have seen discounts for day pass, but not season passes this late.

You are correct. They go on "sale" 2x per year - first there is the discount in Feb/Mar and then at the end of the summer (Aug usually), you can buy a pass for 2012 with the remainder of 2011 free. Still full price, but get about 17 months instead of 12.

Also, FWIW, we just got back from BG Williamsburg and I will reiterate what has already been stated:
1. yes, we got free preferred parking
2. Yes, we DID have to show photo ID at the gate in addition to the finger scan thingie. Yes, the kids were asked for ID - but they are 5 so I asked her what ID did the average 5 year old carry? She then asked them each their name and that was the end.
3. Yes, we did get the food discount
4. at BG Williamsburg there IS NO RIDE AGAIN privileges for anyone - super grover/platinum whatever.

We head to Sea World soon so fingers crossed it is as smooth as BG was last week!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Awesome!! I can't wait to hear about your Sea World adventure and the discounts that you receive with your pass! :woohoo:

Just used Super Grover pass again at SW and for first time at Aquatica. Purchased Super Grovers (sesame Place) Platiumun Passes late Nov 2010. Expire last day of Dec 2011. Have NEVER been to sesame Place. These have been used for 9 days at Sea World Orlando and 2 days Aquatica now. again, never activated at or used at Sesame Place. You must pay $8 extra to have activated passes fed Ex'ed to you. Go straight to turnstile at SE or Aquatica. Free preferred parking at both. Free entry at both. reserved perfect seating at all shows at SeaWorld. 10% off food and merchandise at SW and AQ. $1 off sea lion feeding, dolphin feeding, and stingray feeding. Get it between Black Friday and March and will be in $130 range. BEST DEAL EVER!!! Just finger scan, NO ID asked for. asked my 3 year old his first name, no ID and no finger scan.

Wow this is a fantastic deal.Hoping to go oct. 2012 and will be keeping an eye out for this. If i can get a 2013 pass that is good for the remainder of 2012... then that would be perfect. Keen to ho to SW, DC and aquatica.

Just used Super Grover pass again at SW and for first time at Aquatica. Purchased Super Grovers (sesame Place) Platiumun Passes late Nov 2010. Expire last day of Dec 2011. Have NEVER been to sesame Place. These have been used for 9 days at Sea World Orlando and 2 days Aquatica now. again, never activated at or used at Sesame Place. You must pay $8 extra to have activated passes fed Ex'ed to you. Go straight to turnstile at SE or Aquatica. Free preferred parking at both. Free entry at both. reserved perfect seating at all shows at SeaWorld. 10% off food and merchandise at SW and AQ. $1 off sea lion feeding, dolphin feeding, and stingray feeding. Get it between Black Friday and March and will be in $130 range. BEST DEAL EVER!!! Just finger scan, NO ID asked for. asked my 3 year old his first name, no ID and no finger scan.

Hey! We were down there at the same time! Thank you sooooo much about posting about this BF season pass deal. We were AMAZED at all the pass entailed. I joked with my husband that if it came with a crown he would have worn it around the park, too. LOL Between the free preferred parking and the platinum seating at the shows ... and everything else -- it was GREAT!

We went to SeaWorld, Aquatica, Busch Gardens Tampa, and Busch Gardens Williamsburg -- it was FANTASTIC!!

We drove down from CT and even stopped in Virginia on the way back and went to Busch Gardens Williamsburg (which we liked much more than BG Tampa!).

And all because I read a GREAT post about a FANTASTIC Black Friday season pass deal. THANK YOU!!!

Sesame Place is now running their end of season deal, where you buy a 2012 pass and get the rest of this year included free.

For the Super Grover pass it's ~$195 and you get from now through the end of December 2012.

Not as cheap as it will be for 2012 only Black Friday through February (I'm guessing) but still could work for some people.

I just read another thread in which was said that you could choose the $8 mailing option if you purchase online. Has anyone done this or have you just called (and what # would I call)?

Also, how long does it take to have it mailed? We are leaving 10/8 so I want to allow plenty of time :)

Bumping this up a little....

I'm going to purchase some Super Grovers for us, but DS is only 2, so he doesn't need Sea World admission. With that in mind, I was going to save us $50 and get him a Big Bird pass instead. The only difference I see (besides the Sea World admission and parking, which won't matter since the rest of us will have Super Grovers) is the ride again privileges. Does anyone know what rides have the ride again, and are they rides that a 2 yr old will be riding anyway? What about at Sesame place?

The other option would be to get him the lowest pass to save a bit more, but that doesn't include the preferred seating & meet & greets. If the rest of us have them, will he be allowed in too, or should I just get him the Big Bird?

Bumping this up a little....

I'm going to purchase some Super Grovers for us, but DS is only 2, so he doesn't need Sea World admission. With that in mind, I was going to save us $50 and get him a Big Bird pass instead. The only difference I see (besides the Sea World admission and parking, which won't matter since the rest of us will have Super Grovers) is the ride again privileges. Does anyone know what rides have the ride again, and are they rides that a 2 yr old will be riding anyway? What about at Sesame place?

The other option would be to get him the lowest pass to save a bit more, but that doesn't include the preferred seating & meet & greets. If the rest of us have them, will he be allowed in too, or should I just get him the Big Bird?

This is a good question. I think it would be safe to say that since Sea World doesn't not charge admission for 2 year olds, they would most likely allow him the same privileges as the other members of your group; but keep in mind that for the "rides" he probably won't meet the height requirement for the few main/big coasters at Sea World. He should be fine with the kiddie rides in the Happy Harbor children's area at Sea World, but I am not sure if the "ride again" privilege applies to the Happy Harbor area or not. However, things would work a little differently at Sesame Place since they do charge admission for 2 year olds. At Sesame Place your 2 year old would only be entitled to the privileges associated with the type of pass you purchase for him. So if the other members of your group have the Super Grover pass and he doesn't, they probably won't allow him the privileges/access that everyone else gets. If you were to purchase him the Big Bird pass the only privilege he would miss out on would only be the "ride again" privilege at Sesame Place because preferred show seating and character meet and greets are included with the Big Bird pass. If you purchased him the lowest/regular Sesame season pass then he wouldn't be eligible for any of those privileges (ride again, preferred show seating, character meet and greets). I hope this helps. I think the Super Grover pass is such a great deal and I am so excited about the 25% off promotion. We have been to Sesame Place and I didn't know anything about what the Super Grover pass offered and when it goes on sale until I started coming on the Disboards :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter