Anyone Up For a Little MAYcation?!! A May 2012 WDW PTR with a side of.....

Now that I've taken some time and gotten over the shock of Big Blue there, I realized I couldn't see your shoes in that pic.

:mad:

And don't you dare say "Only you...!"

:lmao:

Wow - that is so lame - it really looks awkward.

Nice family pic, however - your sons are getting tall!

Still working on loading my pics to photobucket. It's gonna be awhile. :faint: But take a look at this beauty I just came across!!

1fba34b6.jpg

Yes, it's a beautiful protruding facade clear out over the sidewalk in front of the bakery. Nice family photo in front of the castle, huh??? :lmao::rotfl2:

Wow! They couldn't have made it any brighter? Blends right in, dontcha think?

Note to self - stand closer to the hub for the castle picture!!

That is too bad about the construction! I guess you just have to laugh about it. :rotfl2: I remember it was my niece's first visit to WDW ever when she came with us in February, and the construction didn't even phase her. I think I was definitely more bothered with it...I didn't want all of our pictures to have cranes, etc. in them!
On the bright side, it's a great picture of your family!

Yes, that is all we can do is laugh about it. :lmao: Otherwise I would have to cry. :sad: There's just so much going on a MK it looks so bad!!

Now that I've taken some time and gotten over the shock of Big Blue there, I realized I couldn't see your shoes in that pic.

:mad:

And don't you dare say "Only you...!"

:lmao:

Big Blue!! :rotfl2:

Well next time I will make sure to tell the PP dude to make sure he gets my shoes in the pics. DUH!! :confused3:rotfl:

Wow - that is so lame - it really looks awkward.

Nice family pic, however - your sons are getting tall!

Awkward is a good word. It's just so big and sticks out so far. :crazy2:

Thanks I know, DS13 is almost looking me in the eye. :sad2:

Wow! They couldn't have made it any brighter? Blends right in, dontcha think?

Note to self - stand closer to the hub for the castle picture!!

I know, we entered in from the left side and as soon as we rounded that corner I about died!! :scared1::faint: :lmao:

Wasn't expecting that.

Well DUH, of course I need shoe pics! What the heck does mr photographer dude think I'm Doing sitting here while you're on vaca??? Waiting on full length pics of course, duh!!!

;)

I don't think it looks too bad. :rolleyes1 But ya'll are definitely the highlight of the picture! :thumbsup2 It's a great family photo though. I can't believe your 'teenager' is almost the same height as you! I guess he is going to be tall. My DD is chest high on me already and she's only 8! :eek: And of'course that only makes me look even shorter... which is just what I need! :rolleyes2

I don't think it looks too bad. :rolleyes1 But ya'll are definitely the highlight of the picture! :thumbsup2 It's a great family photo though. I can't believe your 'teenager' is almost the same height as you! I guess he is going to be tall. My DD is chest high on me already and she's only 8! :eek: And of'course that only makes me look even shorter... which is just what I need! :rolleyes2

It doesn't look that bad?!! :scared1::laughing: Thanks for trying to be nice!! :goodvibes:rotfl:

I know, how am I going to be looking up at my kid pretty soon when I need to yell at him for something??? :faint: :lmao:

Okay, so I've decided to do a mini Beach Club review right here before I start my TR.
As I previously posted, our stay was not great and I don't foresee us returning anytime soon. It wasn't all terrible, but it wasn't exactly what we were expecting considering the prices of the deluxes!

We arrived around 9:30pm, so of course our room was ready! There was no one in line for regular or online check in. So we got checked in right away and headed up to our room, which was on the 4th floor. After we got off the elevator on the 4th floor we had several hallways to navigate to get to our room. Which we then found to be right near another elevator that would take us right down to the quiet pool. So not a bad location. Unfortunately it was also across from a huge air conditioning vent that ran full blast all hours of the day and night. And was also across from some type of very large housekeeping storage room. So we encountered some noise from those things. I had paid about $60 for the entire week to upgrade from a standard view to a garden view. Money well spent! I had heard that a standard view at the BC could be a view of a rooftop or a parking lot, and we certainly didn't want that. But I was never expecting a water view from our garden view room!! We could see part of Cresent Lake as well as the Swan, the Dolphin, the YC, and in the far distance to the far right the TOT! So while we were very pleased with the view, the room was another story. We did get a balcony, larger than those tiny standing only balconies, but still not very big. And our room had no couch/daybed. Which is a huge perk of staying at a deluxe I think. So that was a bummer. But worse than that was the size and condition of the room. The room felt like a moderate to us. It just didn't seem much larger. IDK if it was because we were on the top floor and the roof was slanted and that caused a chunk to be taken out of the room or what. (will show pics to explain further) And the room just needed a good scrubbing. Very dirty. The faucets, the sinks, the bathroom, and the balcony. The balcony was so sticky and nasty. And yes, I did ask for it to be cleaned several times. IDK if they ever attempted to clean it or not, but it never got any better. And the shower-head was crazy!! You had your choice of the water coming out in either one big pour (like a faucet) or a big crazy spray all over the place mode – which soaked the whole bathroom. And the bathroom door came about ½ and inch from the toilet when swinging open/closed. Things we just weren't expecting from a deluxe.

The hair dryer that was attached to the wall didn't work. It would turn on but overheat and shut itself off after only about 10 seconds. I called to see if they could replace it and they said they would bring me up a new one. About 30 minutes later they brought me a regular hair dryer and didn't do or say anything about fixing the one attached to the wall. So I go to use the new one and it only blows cold air. :faint: I call again. They say they will bring me another one 'right away' again. 20 minutes later I finally got one that worked.

Now don't get me wrong, there were some nice things about staying there. Like I said, our view was beautiful! :goodvibes And the proximity to Epcot & DHS can't be beat!! Being close to the BW was very nice as well. The resort itself is beautiful. There is a nice gift shop, good food choices, and a nice quiet pool.

Transportation was great for the most part! Of course we walked to Epcot. DHS was just a boat ride away. Boats came pretty regularly. Going to MK only the BC & YC shared a bus, so no big deal. Buses came with very little wait and weren't too crowded. The DTD bus on the other hand is a disaster. I think I counted 8 stops. :faint: And these aren't stops that are only seconds away from one another like the moderates. It is the Swan, the Dolphin, the BWI, the YC, the BC, Typhoon Lagoon, DTD Marketplace, and DTD West Side. And throw in a driver change at the West Side. Good grief. It's a good 45+ minute trip one way. Crazy. But we knew that going in from previously staying at the BWI.

Onto the SAB pool. This part I know I will get stoned for, but we just didn't care for it. :scared1: It is big and it is beautiful, but it is also loud, crowded, and crazy. At least in our experience. Nowhere to sit in the main section. The kids have to go out and walk down and cross a public walkway to get to the slide. When we did get chairs they were 4 rows back from the pool and we couldn't see the kids. Pool parties and loud music going on all afternoon everyday. It was fun for about the first day and the slide is super fun, but after a few days of hanging out there it was getting on our nerves!! Even the kids said the same thing! There were so many people in the pool that they couldn't move around and get to the parts they wanted to get to. DH and I could not relax at all. Just not for us.

The quiet pool on the other hand was very nice.

As for dining – lots of good choices in the area. We had dinner at Beaches&Cream one evening. It was decent. We got ice cream from the B&C to go counter twice. Long lines both times and a long wait once you ordered. Crowded with all those people standing in one tiny area waiting for their ice cream. DH and I had dinner at the Yachtsman Steakhouse one night. The steaks were cooked perfectly and it is a very nice place with excellent service. We got lunch and snacks from the BC marketplace and most stuff was very good. We also ate over on the BW 3 times.

Okay, I guess that's about it. Sorry to be such a downer. I fully intended on loving the place, but unfortunately that just didn't happen. I'm glad we tried it and now we know. I'm sure it's wonderful for lots of people, just not us! Let me know if you have any questions. I will post a few pics here and then save the rest for my TR.

Wow that is still up on Main St :scared1: It was like that when we were there in early March.

First thing I noticed was how tall your son is getting, no more lil boy look.

It's to bad SAB was so crowded. I agree with having to cross the BW to get to the slide- I think that was the only thing I didn't like.
I think if you went at a less busy time you may have enjoyed it more. We were there in August 2010. It was awesome!!

Shelly as you know we felt the same way about SAB when we stayed at the YC so no flames from me. I have not stayed at BC and most likely never will as DH was not happy with the trip we made over there in March to have dinner at Cape May.

Sorry you did not have a better expierence there.

Some pics of SAB the first day we went there - Sunday April 29. The only day it wasn't a zoo!! (Probably because everyone was at Epcot :faint:)

3dac66fb.jpg

043e4bfd.jpg

03bef355.jpg

018d3a6d.jpg

Hey there! Been shopping. :)

Okay so I've seen some of the uglies already. But I would have to say that the room you had was tiny!!! When you told me there wasn't a daybed I wondered why- now I understand. There just wasn't any room for one! :faint:

There really is no excuse for a room to be dirty--- ever. And for them to not clean it properly after you asked them to is lack of management, period.

I wOuld have hated that set up at the pool. Would have driven me crazy not knowing where my kid was!

Thanks to you I now know I can scratch both the YC and BC off my list of resorts to try. So thanks for the details!! :)

Shelly- so sad to hear u weren't completely pleased with BC. Honestly to only dx resorts I think I'll try are contemporary, GF and Poly. The other ones don't really call my attention. I hope your trip got better. The boys are getting so BIG!!!!!!! Can't wait to read ur TR....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter