Anyone Up For a Little MAYcation?!! A May 2012 WDW PTR with a side of.....

I sure hate to hear all that. I can't believe they didn't take care of those issues after you asked. That is surprising to me. Not very Disney like. :confused3

Your pictures still make me want to stay there though! :laughing: I can't help it. It just looks great to me. As for the pool, you must not be much of a swimmer? If I was trying to watch my child from a lounge chair there, I would be crazy too. It's just too big and I don't like the slide entrance being across the path either. That might not be a problem for us though b/c I rarely 'lounge' at a pool. I am way too hot natured for that. Maybe since I am in the water the whole time, I wouldn't feel like you did. Although, I am sure the loud music would get on my nerves after a while. I know it did on the pool deck on my cruise.

I'm glad to hear that most of your food was good though. So I'm assuming you would recommend Yachtsman's? I'd like to know if you think it is 2 credit worthy though???

Can't wait to read the rest of the details and I hope the trip gets better quickly!

Balcony close ups --

4ff4421c.jpg

36cd9960.jpg

b00afe85.jpg

ec053dc7.jpg

c057c708.jpg

54edeb56.jpg

6639cf8d.jpg

7029d3c3.jpg

Some of the room issues --

8704fd47.jpg

49aacaa6.jpg

6c414c23.jpg

e2f3d7c3.jpg

ce5b74fb.jpg

1ccddbf3.jpg

7a3d79e6.jpg

And these beauties were right across from our room --

27d6926d.jpg

37aa2812.jpg

Wow that is still up on Main St :scared1: It was like that when we were there in early March.

First thing I noticed was how tall your son is getting, no more lil boy look.

I had no idea it was going to be there. Talk about a shock!! :scared1:

Yep, he's turning into a little man. :sad:

It's to bad SAB was so crowded. I agree with having to cross the BW to get to the slide- I think that was the only thing I didn't like.
I think if you went at a less busy time you may have enjoyed it more. We were there in August 2010. It was awesome!!

It was too bad. I wonder if maybe the pool parties wouldn't have gone on all afternoon if it hadn't been so crowded....

Not sure why they would make the slide entrance so far from the dang pool!! :faint: But we did know that before we got there.

Shelly as you know we felt the same way about SAB when we stayed at the YC so no flames from me. I have not stayed at BC and most likely never will as DH was not happy with the trip we made over there in March to have dinner at Cape May.

Sorry you did not have a better expierence there.

I really wish we would have loved it. I thought for sure we would. It's too bad. Guess it's just not for everyone.

The next time we want to stay in the Epcot area it will be back to the BWI for sure. :thumbsup2

Hey there! Been shopping. :)

Okay so I've seen some of the uglies already. But I would have to say that the room you had was tiny!!! When you told me there wasn't a daybed I wondered why- now I understand. There just wasn't any room for one! :faint:

There really is no excuse for a room to be dirty--- ever. And for them to not clean it properly after you asked them to is lack of management, period.

I wOuld have hated that set up at the pool. Would have driven me crazy not knowing where my kid was!

Thanks to you I now know I can scratch both the YC and BC off my list of resorts to try. So thanks for the details!! :)

More shopping!! :cool1:

Well now you have seen the rest of the uglies! :faint: And yes, there wouldn't have been much room for a daybed in there.

You guys would hate it there!! :scared1: I know how you love to relax by the pool and there isn't much of that going on there.

Shelly- so sad to hear u weren't completely pleased with BC. Honestly to only dx resorts I think I'll try are contemporary, GF and Poly. The other ones don't really call my attention. I hope your trip got better. The boys are getting so BIG!!!!!!! Can't wait to read ur TR....

I think you really get so much more at the MK deluxe resorts. ::yes::

Yep, the kids are getting big way too fast. I wish they would stop!!

I sure hate to hear all that. I can't believe they didn't take care of those issues after you asked. That is surprising to me. Not very Disney like. :confused3

Your pictures still make me want to stay there though! :laughing: I can't help it. It just looks great to me. As for the pool, you must not be much of a swimmer? If I was trying to watch my child from a lounge chair there, I would be crazy too. It's just too big and I don't like the slide entrance being across the path either. That might not be a problem for us though b/c I rarely 'lounge' at a pool. I am way too hot natured for that. Maybe since I am in the water the whole time, I wouldn't feel like you did. Although, I am sure the loud music would get on my nerves after a while. I know it did on the pool deck on my cruise.

I'm glad to hear that most of your food was good though. So I'm assuming you would recommend Yachtsman's? I'd like to know if you think it is 2 credit worthy though???

Can't wait to read the rest of the details and I hope the trip gets better quickly!

I was surprised with the lack of response to the issues too. :confused3

Like I said -- you guys would probably love it there. Especially since you like being in the water so much. But if the loud music annoys you then you would have to avoid the pool for most of the afternoon.

DH and I do like to swim. Me especially. But the kids have each other to play with and don't always want/need us all up in their business all the time. So we are content with lounging by the pool and watching them have fun. Too bad we were unable to do that there. And I love doing the pool slides, but not 100 times like the kids!

The Yachtsman was good. 2 TS credit worthy? IDK. But when we used to do the DDP I never felt that anything was worth giving up 2 TS credits.

bummer that the room was not cleaned properly. I don't think they spend much effort on the balconies anywhere. Sticky would be a big problem though! I did not think the rooms were terribly big there either. Maybe the villas are a little more spacious than the regular rooms. You had a wonderful view!!

I remember when we stayed there it was summer and there were lots of activities and games at the pool. That's where we tie dyed t-shirts. At SSR they did similar things in the afternoon too. But I don't remember any pool activities at AKL. There were some things inside near the pool though.

Yachtsman - Oh, I have heard nothing but good things! I'm glad you liked it. I want to go there, but it might have to wait until another trip. It would be a nice date night dinner!

I just heard on the DIS Unplugged podcast a GREAT review of the Yacht Club. The only thing they said negative was that the pool (SAB) was partially closed while they were there. I guess if you want to enjoy that pool, that could deter you. We didn't use the big slide, the little one across the path was where my kids liked to be.

Hi Shelly,

I can't believe you're back already!

I am a BC lover but after seeing your pictures of the room, I have to admit that your room was not good at all. Very poor housekeeping and the room seemed tiny compared to the room we had there last.

We always go in the fall so the pool is usually quieter, thank goodness, as I don't think I would have liked the craziness you've described :scared1:

I'm glad that you still had an enjoyable trip despite being sick.

Can't wait to hear about your next trip popcorn::

I Have to say I am surprised about the balcony being so filthy. With the prices they charge that's just unacceptable IMO. Your room did look small. Glad you at least had a good view.

Sounds like you might be heading back to a MK resort next trip.;)

bummer that the room was not cleaned properly. I don't think they spend much effort on the balconies anywhere. Sticky would be a big problem though! I did not think the rooms were terribly big there either. Maybe the villas are a little more spacious than the regular rooms. You had a wonderful view!!

I remember when we stayed there it was summer and there were lots of activities and games at the pool. That's where we tie dyed t-shirts. At SSR they did similar things in the afternoon too. But I don't remember any pool activities at AKL. There were some things inside near the pool though.

Yachtsman - Oh, I have heard nothing but good things! I'm glad you liked it. I want to go there, but it might have to wait until another trip. It would be a nice date night dinner!

I just heard on the DIS Unplugged podcast a GREAT review of the Yacht Club. The only thing they said negative was that the pool (SAB) was partially closed while they were there. I guess if you want to enjoy that pool, that could deter you. We didn't use the big slide, the little one across the path was where my kids liked to be.

I was surprised by the balcony. The ones we had at the BWI and the Poly were very clean. As in you could walk our there in your bare feet! The one we had at OKW was not spotless by any means, but nothing like this one either.

We did have a wonderful view. :cloud9: Loved that!

We've seen the pool parties and activities in the afternoons at a lot of resorts, these ones just seemed endless and extra loud.

The Yachtsman is a great date night restaurant! We celebrated our anniversary there.

Hi Shelly,

I can't believe you're back already!

I am a BC lover but after seeing your pictures of the room, I have to admit that your room was not good at all. Very poor housekeeping and the room seemed tiny compared to the room we had there last.

We always go in the fall so the pool is usually quieter, thank goodness, as I don't think I would have liked the craziness you've described :scared1:

I'm glad that you still had an enjoyable trip despite being sick.

Can't wait to hear about your next trip popcorn::

I really wish we would have had a better experience there. So many people on here love the BC. Maybe the fall would have been a better time to try it out.

We did have a very nice trip, thanks! :goodvibes

I Have to say I am surprised about the balcony being so filthy. With the prices they charge that's just unacceptable IMO. Your room did look small. Glad you at least had a good view.

Sounds like you might be heading back to a MK resort next trip.;)

I was too! :scared1: Especially when I stuck to the floor. :sick:

We just may be headed back to a MK resort next time..............::yes::

Well the first set of pics truly didn't tell the story! Some things you can't tell from a picture, but that room was really small! So when you book a deluxe, you have no idea if you will get a daybed, and it's just luck of the draw? That's a huge bummer, especially for families like yours where you have kids who may not want to share a bed.

The second set of pics told a different story. :eek: So I'm scrolling down and thinking, "Now that's a shame, look at that dirty balcony!" And the next second I'm yelling "Gross!" The hair!! :scared1: :sick: I don't know what special powers a simple hair possesses, but it could send me running from a room. :laughing: It's like Hairzilla! I don't know why that freaks me out more than a dirty sink or tub. I don't know how anyone could call that a housekeeping job, with the faucets obviously not cleaned. The room just needs a deep cleaning, baseboards that look like they haven't been touched in months. That is really unacceptable when you pay those prices.

I always take Clorox wipes with me on vacation and wipe down things that look clean already, just as a little insurance. But I'm not about to get down on the floor and start doing baseboards.

Thank heavens you had a great view and liked other things about the resort, or it might have been even more upsetting. Where to stay is such a huge part of trip planning, and it sure is a downer when that doesn't turn out good. Kind of a bad way to start your trip.

I guess if I ever get to go back to Disney, I'll skip the BC and just go to the Poly! ;)

DH and I do like to swim. Me especially. But the kids have each other to play with and don't always want/need us all up in their business all the time. So we are content with lounging by the pool and watching them have fun.

That must be really nice! I've told DH a million times that our biggest mistake was not going on and having another child right after I had DD. We wanted to wait awhile because she was not an easy baby, but we ended up waiting too long. Whenever we go anywhere like that, I always wish she had someone close to her age to play with. Unfortunately, she only has us and I will admit that as much as I love that time with her, I'd also like some time to myself to just chill! I've even considered letting her bring a friend when we go on vacation, but that is so far away and such a huge responsibility with someone else's child that I haven't gotten up the nerve for that yet. You are very blessed to have two kids of the same gender so close in age! :thumbsup2

Your last batch of pictures made me :scared1:. YUCK! The hair was particularly nasty! I really don't blame you for being so disappointed. That's a lot to pay for a room that isn't top notch. I just can't believe that's a Disney resort! It looks like stuff you'd find at a Motel 6! I think you should send those pictures to the manager there. Maybe they would give you a partial refund or something because you definitely did not recieve a 'deluxe' room even though you paid for one. I'm really sorry that you had so many issues. There's just no excuse for that with what they are charging to stay there.

So I'm curious to know if there are any other deluxe resorts that you want to try out? I don't see you as being a fan of CR, WL or AKL but I could be wrong??? Maybe the GF?

Well the first set of pics truly didn't tell the story! Some things you can't tell from a picture, but that room was really small! So when you book a deluxe, you have no idea if you will get a daybed, and it's just luck of the draw? That's a huge bummer, especially for families like yours where you have kids who may not want to share a bed.

The second set of pics told a different story. :eek: So I'm scrolling down and thinking, "Now that's a shame, look at that dirty balcony!" And the next second I'm yelling "Gross!" The hair!! :scared1: :sick: I don't know what special powers a simple hair possesses, but it could send me running from a room. :laughing: It's like Hairzilla! I don't know why that freaks me out more than a dirty sink or tub. I don't know how anyone could call that a housekeeping job, with the faucets obviously not cleaned. The room just needs a deep cleaning, baseboards that look like they haven't been touched in months. That is really unacceptable when you pay those prices.

I always take Clorox wipes with me on vacation and wipe down things that look clean already, just as a little insurance. But I'm not about to get down on the floor and start doing baseboards.

Thank heavens you had a great view and liked other things about the resort, or it might have been even more upsetting. Where to stay is such a huge part of trip planning, and it sure is a downer when that doesn't turn out good. Kind of a bad way to start your trip.

I guess if I ever get to go back to Disney, I'll skip the BC and just go to the Poly! ;)

I was really surprised by the size of the room. :sad2: IDK if they have other rooms that are bigger or not. :confused3 I know that some of their rooms do have the couch/daybed. And I know those are given out to families of 5 first, but I had requested one and was really hopeful of getting one. At the Poly all the rooms have one. Probably the GF too. We got one at the BWI, but I'm not sure if they all have them or not. I don't think they have them at the other deluxes.

I don't know if you can tell or not, but in the bathroom hair pic that is the bathroom door to the right of the toilet. That is how close it came to it.

I did take wipes and wiped down a lot of things - door handles, dressers, sink, tv remote, etc. But there was no way I could have gotten the sticky off the balcony with them. And I didn't even attempt those nasty baseboards. :eek:

So yes, it was a huge bummer but we tried to make the best of it and enjoy our surroundings. We spent a lot of time on the BW!

That must be really nice! I've told DH a million times that our biggest mistake was not going on and having another child right after I had DD. We wanted to wait awhile because she was not an easy baby, but we ended up waiting too long. Whenever we go anywhere like that, I always wish she had someone close to her age to play with. Unfortunately, she only has us and I will admit that as much as I love that time with her, I'd also like some time to myself to just chill! I've even considered letting her bring a friend when we go on vacation, but that is so far away and such a huge responsibility with someone else's child that I haven't gotten up the nerve for that yet. You are very blessed to have two kids of the same gender so close in age! :thumbsup2

Your last batch of pictures made me :scared1:. YUCK! The hair was particularly nasty! I really don't blame you for being so disappointed. That's a lot to pay for a room that isn't top notch. I just can't believe that's a Disney resort! It looks like stuff you'd find at a Motel 6! I think you should send those pictures to the manager there. Maybe they would give you a partial refund or something because you definitely did not recieve a 'deluxe' room even though you paid for one. I'm really sorry that you had so many issues. There's just no excuse for that with what they are charging to stay there.

So I'm curious to know if there are any other deluxe resorts that you want to try out? I don't see you as being a fan of CR, WL or AKL but I could be wrong??? Maybe the GF?

We almost stopped after DS13. He was the worst baby ever!!!:scared1: Seriously cried non-stop day and night for the first year of his life. There were days when I was so sleep deprived that I wondered if I was even alive. :faint: :rotfl: Thank goodness we went ahead and had DS10. He was the best baby ever! Or maybe he was just average and he seemed super good after what we had gone through with the other one! :confused3:rotfl:

When I was in the pool with them and I heard DS13 say to DS10 -- look at that girl over there in the green bikini, I knew it was time for me to give them their space. :laughing:

Yeah, taking someone else's child on vacation would be a huge responsibility. But I'm sure your DD would love it!!

As for other deluxe resorts......that's a good question. I've thought about the WL and getting a bunkbed room there. But it always gets pushed aside. I'm not sure we'd love it there. No real interest in AKL. I would do the CR if we could afford a tower room with a theme park view! I'd like to stay at BLT too. I'm not sure the GF is for us. Although I love it there. We'll see, maybe someday!

After looking at your pictures, I can see why you were underwhelmed by the resort. The rooms doesn't look much bigger than those at the CBR. The views though look beautiful. It's just too bad the balcony was so dirty and sticky that you couldn't really sit out there and enjoy the scenery. The pictures of the bathroom were b-a-d. We once stayed in what was considered a deluxe hotel (not in Disney) and it looked like your room pictures....dirty baseboards, hairs in the bathroom, broken tiles and basically dirty. I took pictures, burned them to a disc, mailed them certified mail to the hotel manager and we were promptly given a full refund for our entire weekend stay (without me even asking for a refund). I think you should send copies of the pictures to Disney just so they'll know.

Okay whelp that does it. I had seen *some* of the uglies, but oh my word Holy Dang Canoli. The hair had me yelling. Again. It is seriously disgusting to see hair.
That was bad enough.

But I swear IDK know what it is about baseboards--- they skeeve me the heck OUT. I am a baseboard FREAK. Yes I look at baseboards when I go to other people's houses. :blush: I'm weird that way. :rotfl2:

GIRL, yo' baseboard in yo' BC room be RANK.

I would have refused to stay there. I am that picky. It disgusts me- that's a bazillion people's skin cells lying in wait to give you and yours the black plague and that sends my germaphobe self reeling.

:sick::sick::sick::sick:

It makes me mad for you that they put you in that room.

Oh and as far as the GF being for you...
yes, yes it is. It's you girl. Only you have to promise to not stay there until we can all be there at the same time. Sticky buns and coffee and cookies in SL for everyone!::yes::

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

After looking at your pictures, I can see why you were underwhelmed by the resort. The rooms doesn't look much bigger than those at the CBR. The views though look beautiful. It's just too bad the balcony was so dirty and sticky that you couldn't really sit out there and enjoy the scenery. The pictures of the bathroom were b-a-d. We once stayed in what was considered a deluxe hotel (not in Disney) and it looked like your room pictures....dirty baseboards, hairs in the bathroom, broken tiles and basically dirty. I took pictures, burned them to a disc, mailed them certified mail to the hotel manager and we were promptly given a full refund for our entire weekend stay (without me even asking for a refund). I think you should send copies of the pictures to Disney just so they'll know.

Yeah, it was shocking. Especially after all the wonderful reviews and comments I had read about it. Guess we just had some bad luck. It's a good thing we got a balcony and a nice view, otherwise I might have flipped out on someone!! :laughing:

I'd love to send these pics to someone. Just not sure who. :confused3 I did go to the WDW website and clicked on the 'contact us' and sent them my thoughts.....

Okay whelp that does it. I had seen *some* of the uglies, but oh my word Holy Dang Canoli. The hair had me yelling. Again. It is seriously disgusting to see hair.
That was bad enough.

But I swear IDK know what it is about baseboards--- they skeeve me the heck OUT. I am a baseboard FREAK. Yes I look at baseboards when I go to other people's houses. :blush: I'm weird that way. :rotfl2:

GIRL, yo' baseboard in yo' BC room be RANK.

I would have refused to stay there. I am that picky. It disgusts me- that's a bazillion people's skin cells lying in wait to give you and yours the black plague and that sends my germaphobe self reeling.

:sick::sick::sick::sick:

It makes me mad for you that they put you in that room.

Oh and as far as the GF being for you...
yes, yes it is. It's you girl. Only you have to promise to not stay there until we can all be there at the same time. Sticky buns and coffee and cookies in SL for everyone!::yes::

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Okay, so you just made me take a look at my baseboards. :rotfl: I think you would approve. Probably not as clean as yours, but still very clean!!

Yeah, I'm not sure how long it had been since that room had a good cleaning, or even a good dusting. :confused: I think she was basically running the vacuum (thankfully the carpet seemed pretty clean) and emptying the trash.

As you know mid-week we had enough and asked to be moved to the Poly. Which they informed us we could -- for $880+. :sad2: We already had 5 nights in, that was just to move for the last 3 nights. :eek:

Okay, it's a deal. No GF for us until we can all stay there together!! :thumbsup2

Hi Shelly! I just read your review of the BC & I have to agree with you on a few points. Luckily our room didn't have any issues with cleanliness but I know what you mean about the bathroom door practially touching the toilet! The only other deluxe room (non-villa) that I've stayed at was BWI... but I was only there with a friend so I couldn't really compare the size of the BC room to other rooms. I guess I didn't pay enough attention to the room size at BWI since it was just two of us so the size was never an issue. That said, as a family, we won't stay in a standard hotel room (deluxe or any other type) for more than a few days... we just need more space!

We liked SAB, but only got a small taste of it. We only got to swim there twice but if we were there longer, I would have gotten tired of it. On our first day, we just all swam together so that wasn't an issue. On the second day we swam, we set up camp in one spot near the slide but ended up moving all of our stuff over closer to the sandy side when the kids decided they were done sliding. Then they decided to slide again and we moved again. And every time we moved, we had to go over 2-3 bridges. :faint: I'm with you on the kids crossing the sidewalk - We would send the two boys over together but insisted they stay together and we had to know each time they were going over. We never faced any crowds since the weather wasn't very nice but I can see how it could get crowded quickly!

When we moved to our off-site villa, we really enjoyed parking ourselves in a couple lounge chairs & watching the boys swim... and not having to move when they went over to the slide!

The BC worked out well for our three night stay but I can completely understand why it wasn't for you.

I can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip!

Hi Shelly,
I totally understand where you are coming from about the BC. SAB worked out well for us, but that is mostly because my DD21 and niece (19) watched my DD10 while I got to relax at the pool!:rotfl: They actually enjoyed chasing her around!
Your room did look dirty!:scared1: Yikes! We had one of those small standing balconies, so we didn't have any balcony experiences like yours!
Your view sounded great!:thumbsup2 We had a water view room and could see a view similar to yours- ToT, Crescent Lake, and the BW, Swan, and Dolphin!
We would stay at the BC again soon, but not before returning to the BWI and GF first! And we need to try the Poly sometime soon!:thumbsup2

Hi Shelly! I just read your review of the BC & I have to agree with you on a few points. Luckily our room didn't have any issues with cleanliness but I know what you mean about the bathroom door practially touching the toilet! The only other deluxe room (non-villa) that I've stayed at was BWI... but I was only there with a friend so I couldn't really compare the size of the BC room to other rooms. I guess I didn't pay enough attention to the room size at BWI since it was just two of us so the size was never an issue. That said, as a family, we won't stay in a standard hotel room (deluxe or any other type) for more than a few days... we just need more space!

We liked SAB, but only got a small taste of it. We only got to swim there twice but if we were there longer, I would have gotten tired of it. On our first day, we just all swam together so that wasn't an issue. On the second day we swam, we set up camp in one spot near the slide but ended up moving all of our stuff over closer to the sandy side when the kids decided they were done sliding. Then they decided to slide again and we moved again. And every time we moved, we had to go over 2-3 bridges. :faint: I'm with you on the kids crossing the sidewalk - We would send the two boys over together but insisted they stay together and we had to know each time they were going over. We never faced any crowds since the weather wasn't very nice but I can see how it could get crowded quickly!

When we moved to our off-site villa, we really enjoyed parking ourselves in a couple lounge chairs & watching the boys swim... and not having to move when they went over to the slide!

The BC worked out well for our three night stay but I can completely understand why it wasn't for you.

I can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip!

You are so right Amy! I think if we were only there a few nights the pool would not have been an issue. Like you did - we ended up letting the boys go over to the slide entrance together (after us going with them every single time the first day), but only together. Which then didn't work out well when DS13 was done sliding and DS10 was not. :faint: And trekking over those bridges carrying all our stuff and then searching for a spot to set up in was a total pain!

I'm glad you did not have issues with your room being dirty.

Hi Shelly,
I totally understand where you are coming from about the BC. SAB worked out well for us, but that is mostly because my DD21 and niece (19) watched my DD10 while I got to relax at the pool!:rotfl: They actually enjoyed chasing her around!
Your room did look dirty!:scared1: Yikes! We had one of those small standing balconies, so we didn't have any balcony experiences like yours!
Your view sounded great!:thumbsup2 We had a water view room and could see a view similar to yours- ToT, Crescent Lake, and the BW, Swan, and Dolphin!
We would stay at the BC again soon, but not returning to the BWI and GF first! And we need to try the Poly sometime soon!:thumbsup2

You were lucky having someone to keep an eye on DD10!

I would definitely return to the BWI before the BC. You've got to give the Poly a try!! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter