Anyone Watching Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist?

Watching it now! Also liking it more than I first thought I would. Actually reminds me of "Eli Stone" for those who might recall that one, which unfortunately only lasted two seasons. That one was about an attorney who also has musical hallucinations involving George Michael songs that complicate his life and change his perspective on things. As an '80's Wham! fan(yes, I admit it!) and later of his own songs as well, I loved the music and the quirky plot, different from the usual shows as PP mentioned about Zoey. Also produced by Ken Olin of "Thirtysomething", another fave, so good all around. Would love to see it again now - will have to see if it is streaming somewhere.

The last episode was great but it hurt to watch, as the Dad is dying, getting weaker by the weak , it brings me back to my dads death, as I watched the biggest, strongest, kindness, funiest man I ever know, every weak get closer to death. Such a hard truth for a fun little show
:hug:

The season wrapped up, for such a fun show it sure got sad, dont get me wrong, I want happy endings o_O, like the great Billy Preston said "let the bad guys win every once in a while "

but I so bad wanted the dad to live

The last episode was great but it hurt to watch, as the Dad is dying, getting weaker by the weak , it brings me back to my dads death, as I watched the biggest, strongest, kindness, funiest man I ever know, every weak get closer to death. Such a hard truth for a fun little show

The finale killed me. I have not cried so hard over a show about my dad’s death as I did with this one. Even Jack Pearson’s death did not hit me as hard (it hit me, but not like this).

I thought it was going to be cheesy and weird, but it is so good. It kind of reminds me of a current day Ally McBeal. I don't know what you'd call the genre, maybe musical dramedy? It's fun, good storylines, the cast is exceptional and I'm left wanting more after each episode.

Is anyone else watching?

Me too! Originally thought eeeeh cheesy but it is so good! It's uplifting and it's warmhearted and emotional, deals with issues in such a unique artsy beautiful way. When she hears the innermost thoughts of her father and he's singing to her, it's so moving. Just love this show and I hate everything lol. Update: Oh no I didn't see latest episode yet I stream everything.

Man, almighty, I cried and cried. It was sad and it was healing. I've been there twice now with my husband's father and his grandfather. I might need to watch it again and let it keep healing my heart. I wonder how they are going to keep Peter Gallagher? As a ghost or "guide?" He was outstanding in this show and season.

Man, almighty, I cried and cried. It was sad and it was healing. I've been there twice now with my husband's father and his grandfather. I might need to watch it again and let it keep healing my heart. I wonder how they are going to keep Peter Gallagher? As a ghost or "guide?" He was outstanding in this show and season.
That's what I am hoping too. It won't be the same without him, I have always been a big fan of his.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter