AP expires in middle of trip / renewal at 60 days impacts FP

tb1972

DVC since 2012
My DS and DH AP's expire on Nov. 20th. Our upcoming trip is from Nov. 18-24 so we're eligible for FP selections on Sept. 18th. I can make FP choices for them Nov. 18-20 with their existing AP's. But I don't know if we'd be able to renew in advance of 60 days to allow the FP choices for Nov. 21-24. Anyone have experience with renewals mid-trip?

Call DVC and explain your situation. They can override it and allow you to purchase the renewal before actual renewal window opens at 60 days.

I have been successful with getting my pass renewed in advance of the 60 days as well. I believe that I have always called the passholder line, but as a pp said DVC MS should be able to do this as well.

Call DVC and explain your situation. They can override it and allow you to purchase the renewal before actual renewal window opens at 60 days.

Erionm has given you the most straightforward way. If MS is not able to help, then I suggest buying 4-day tickets (or however many days you need). Then, when you are at the parks, you can “bridge” to a renewal - which means that the money you spent for the 4-days would get applied toward the renewal price.

Not DVC, just an AP that's toying with the idea of DVC "one day" in the not horribly distant future but I had a similar situation recently. Trip Oct 10-15 and AP couldn't be renewed until Aug 13. FP window opened on Aug 11. They said the system basically assumes you will renew your AP so as long as I had a current AP for the start of the trip, I'd be able to book. I was skeptical but it worked.

My aph was set to expire 9/13

When my window opened for FP went on figuring I could at least book for my DH. His expires early December

I had no problem booking mine too even though my aph in MDE would be expired

OT Did renew my Promo FP yesterday in MK. Dropped it easily to Gold. Was surprised tho to be told the UT tix I bought to apply to upgrade was only credited what I paid for it. Supervisor said the bridged amount not valid on AP renewals...only if for a brand new APH. Live and learn lol Still nice to get the standard discount

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter