AP Price Increase?

CRSNDSNY

DIS Veteran
Someone on another board mentioned that the AP prices will be going up very very soon.

Has anyone else heard this?

Iwas at our local DS last night and they said ALL passes are going up next SUNDAY!!!:mad:

Originally posted by Master Grayson
Iwas at our local DS last night and they said ALL passes are going up next SUNDAY!!!:mad:

Next Sunday as in March 28th, or Next Sunday as in April 3rd?

I was planning on purchasing mine on March 31st, I get paid that day.

I read that it was going to be this weekend as well. This weekend meaning 3/27-28. I was hoping for some confirmation so I could go get tickets tonight.

Does anyone know for sure?

If DL APs are going up, then I'm glad I renewed mine up a couple weeks ago.

The rumored AP prices for DL are:

Premium: $279 (up from $225, but still below the $299 it was when DCA opened)
Deluxe: $179 (up from $165)
S.CA: status unknown

Also the one day price is rumored to be raised to $49

So, lets see, Disneyland adds one new ride in ToT and Space Mountain is closed through 2005, but they can bump the ticket price up $54?

Unbefrickinlievable

Well, discount that for normal cost of living increase, and it's less than that.

But, of course, you always have the option of not going. It's not like someone's forcing you to pay that price, y'know?

:earsboy:

I just spoke to a CM at our Disney Store in Orland Park and they said yes, indeed they are going up as of Sunday. When I asked how much they said $10.

Brian

Originally posted by WDSearcher
But, of course, you always have the option of not going. It's not like someone's forcing you to pay that price, y'know?

What is that supposed to mean? :confused:

Originally posted by DemoBri1
I just spoke to a CM at our Disney Store in Orland Park and they said yes, indeed they are going up as of Sunday. When I asked how much they said $10.

Brian

Do you know if there is a price increase for all tickets or just APs & PAPs?

DL AP price is the one Disney price that I think is set way too low. Even at $279, if you go 12 times a year (once a month for the locals, four 3-day weekends for someone living a little farther away) it's still less than $25 a day. And a lot of those passes are getting used a heck of a lot more than 12 times. A once a week visit, including parking and a $279 AP is less than the average price of a movie ticket. As expensive as the rest of Disney is, admission and parking at DL should cost more than the price of a movie ticket.

Originally posted by CRSNDSNY
What is that supposed to mean? :confused:
I was just making a comment based on someone else's criticism of Disneyland raising their prices without, in that person's opinion, adding enough value to make it "worth it."

The bottom line is that no one is forcing any of us to buy Disney passes. We talk all the time on this forum about "voting with your wallet" and here is a perfect example. You can either look at the price increase and say, "Yes, it's expensive, but so is everyplace else, and it's still worth it for me" or you can look at it and say, "Nope ... not worth it any more ... I'm going to go somewhere else with my money."

Nothing more than an opinion.

Originally posted by Planogirl
It apparently means that it's not even safe to comment on prices now. :rolleyes:
So ... it's okay if someone makes a sarcastic comment about a price increase not being worth it, but I get the eye roll when I respond in kind? THAT hardly seems fair ....

... You must have forgotten: In Fantasyland health insurance rates don't go up, taxes always stay the same, CM's never get pay raises, fuel oil & gas prices haven't changed since 1955, 9/11 hasn't added any security expenses to the happiest place on earth,etc,etc,etc.........

January 2nd my dealership shop rate went from $64.00 to $66.00. I didn't add a dimes worth of "value" to my customers.

Originally posted by hopemax
DL AP price is the one Disney price that I think is set way too low. Even at $279, if you go 12 times a year (once a month for the locals, four 3-day weekends for someone living a little farther away) it's still less than $25 a day. And a lot of those passes are getting used a heck of a lot more than 12 times. A once a week visit, including parking and a $279 AP is less than the average price of a movie ticket. As expensive as the rest of Disney is, admission and parking at DL should cost more than the price of a movie ticket.
ITA. Sounds like the big hike at DL is a function of large demand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter