AP Price Increase?

Premium AP is $499
AP is $379 + tax

that is a 10 dollar increase.

Rising prices will always be a fact of life (been to a gas station this week?).

However, I am so grateful to the DIS for giving me a heads up about the price increase. I ordered our APs today.

Barbe

Annual Pass today (Including Tax) $392.99
Annual Pass 3/28/04 (Including Tax) $403.64

No word on Annual Pass renewal price - Today it is $350.39

Originally posted by barbeml
However, I am so grateful to the DIS for giving me a heads up about the price increase. I ordered our APs today.

I bought mine last night. $20 is $20.

The prices are getting out of control especially for families, I guess Eisner is really under the gun........

-Vince

Prices are really no higher at Disney than at any other family destination of its type. Every destination (including Disney) has deals and off-season specials and economical ways to visit. But look at a five-day ski vacation for four -- with equipment rentals, meals, lodging, lift passes, etc -- and compare it to a five-day Disney vacation for four. They're not that far apart, and in some areas, the ski vacation will cost you a lot more.

I don't think it has anything to do with Eisner being under the gun. Do you think that the prices wouldn't have gone up this year if Eisner had been fired?

:earsboy:

I really don't know if the prices would go up or not if Eisner got ousted but all I know is that it is getting VERY pricey to the point where when I vacation there we may just only hit the parks a couple of days and use the other amenities more.

-Vince

AP = Annual Pass, only good at MK,Epcot,MGM & AK.
PAP = Premium AP, good at all above, plus BB & TL, PI, WWoS and I believe DQ.

As for the 2nd half of your question, I'm fairly certain DL only offers an AP, as there are only two parks.

I'm not sure if this is the best place to post these quesions, and please let me know if there is an AP Q & A Forum somewhere that I missed, but I am trying to learn all about APs. I'm trying to plan a trip in which we would need 2 adult 7 day park hopper plusses. By the time you pay for those an AP seems like it would only be about $150 (ish) more total! Seems silly not to do this and then we could go anytime all year. So here are my questions...
1. Am I figuring this price difference correctly?
2. What types of other offers are available to AP holders? Resort deals? Park deals? Discounts on food/souveniers in the parks? Priority Restaurant Seating?
3. Do they go for a calendar year, or a year from when you purchase them? (I realize I just missed the rate increase also :mad: )

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!!
princess:

Oops....1 more question I forgot. Are AP prices usually the same everywhere, or are there websites where they are slightly cheaper? I already looked at WDW.com and Mousesavers.com.
Thanks Again!

The decision to buy APs depends on the number of days you plan on spending in the parks, how many water park days you want to have, what type of accommadations you want, how you shop and where you eat. The AP program offers the best discounts. At TWOD store in MP, the AP is the only discount excepted- 10%. If you play mini golf on site, it's 50% off. If you stay on-site & pay cash, AP's offer sizeable discounts. Many great restaurants offer 10% discounts.There is also 15% of on backstage tours. If you normally spend money of these listed items & don't recieve any discounts, then buying the APs can save you a bundle. Most people that buy APs also book their trips to get at least two full trips in during the 52 week life of the pass.

IMO, if you spend your vacation on-property, if you're going to be there more then 10 days during a 52 week span, buy the AP's.

The desicion between AP and PAP depends entirely on how you use water parks & DTD.

when i move back down to FL, hopefully within 4 months, im gonna go premium. i plan on going there like twice a month. or something like that. i have high hopes. :hyper: :teeth:

Does anyone know if the rate increase goes into effect this Sunday, 3/28, does that mean the discount ticket prices at AAA will also go up?

Sunlover

Originally posted by Sunlover
Does anyone know if the rate increase goes into effect this Sunday, 3/28, does that mean the discount ticket prices at AAA will also go up?

Sunlover

After checking out disneyworld.com, the rates definitely did increase. Sorry I cannot answer your AAA questions. :(

Disney raises price of admission

Disney Theme Parks Boost Admission Prices
Sat Mar 27, 9:28 PM ET

ANAHEIM, Calif. - It's going to cost a little more to play at Mickey's house.

Beginning Sunday, Disneyland and California Adventure will increase the admission price to $49.75 for guests over 10 years old — a jump of $2.75, or nearly 6 percent, Disneyland Resort announced Friday.

In Florida, Walt Disney World also is raising its admission prices $2.75 on Sunday, from $52 to $54.75.

Company officials said the higher price reflects the cost of investments in the popular theme parks. New attractions include a Snow White musical production at Disneyland and the "Twilight Zone: Tower of Terror" ride, which opens May 5 at California Adventure.

Disneyland last raised prices from $45 to $47 in 2002.

The company also announced the introduction of a new, lower-priced annual pass for admission on weekdays, when crowds are lighter.

So does this mean there is a new type of AP that you can buy that is cheaper because it is only valid for weekdays?? Do tell :)

Originally posted by SRUAlmn
So does this mean there is a new type of AP that you can buy that is cheaper because it is only valid for weekdays?? Do tell :)

that may actually work out pretty well for some ppl including possibly myself. and if they do have this, i hope that they also have a premium option for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter