• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Apparently" Refrigerators Are Coming To The Values!

And I 100% agree with you that "Disney doesn't charge higher prices at mods and deluxe so there are class hierarchies". I believe they do it to give options for varying budgets. I don't think Disney is doing anything but trying to make a Disney visit pleasant for all.

No, and they don't have to. Deluxe rooms are larger and have a balcony/patio. That's a big differentiation. The jump from value to mod room is not as noticeable - there's only a slight difference in square footage, and neither of them have balconies. That means the amenities inside the room make up the difference - like fridge, coffee maker, vanities, and beds.

There is still a big leap in resort amenities, though. Hot tubs, pool slides, sit down dining, more recreational choices. Plus in the rooms, the larger beds and double sinks, as well as coffee pots. I don't think fridges would significantly diminished the distinction between the two levels, and would probably save Disney a fair bit of space and manpower in bell services by putting an end to the swaps.

I had posted this in another thread on the same subject.

We stayed at Pop last Sept. in one room and my friend stayed at Pop the week before us in 2 rooms. All 3 of the rooms had fridges at no extra cost. We thought maybe they were gradually adding them to all the rooms.

No, and they don't have to. Deluxe rooms are larger and have a balcony/patio. That's a big differentiation. The jump from value to mod room is not as noticeable - there's only a slight difference in square footage, and neither of them have balconies. That means the amenities inside the room make up the difference - like fridge, coffee maker, vanities, and beds.
To me it means the differences are OUTSIDE to room-like the lush landscaping, pool slides, covered bus stops....

I had posted this in another thread on the same subject.

We stayed at Pop last Sept. in one room and my friend stayed at Pop the week before us in 2 rooms. All 3 of the rooms had fridges at no extra cost. We thought maybe they were gradually adding them to all the rooms.
I was at Pop in January 2012 in 2 rooms and neither had a fridge. We often saw them in the walkways as they took them out of rooms when folks checked out.

Does anyone have any updates? We'll be there in April and I would love to see a photo or hear an update :)

Does anyone have any updates? We'll be there in April and I would love to see a photo or hear an update :)

I would go over to the official POP thread; they usually keep updates on current information on the first page of the thread.

That is standard for all of the official threads.

I was at Pop last week and our room in the 50's section, bldg 2, did not have a fridge. Hope this helps someone. Looking forward to going back already. :)

There are also now reports that Cast Members have received an email confirming the Value REFRIGERATORS!:)

Bring on the cold beverages!:)(I am talking about milk,of course.;):))

Ok, Now bring on the Coffee Pots LOL!!!
But I will settle for a Frig, Juice Boxes, Milk, and Water nice a chilled without bringing a cooler and hauling Ice:banana:

Ok, Now bring on the Coffee Pots LOL!!!
But I will settle for a Frig, Juice Boxes, Milk, and Water nice a chilled without bringing a cooler and hauling Ice:banana:

Yes,bring on the Coffee Pots and the WiFi!:)LOL

It is going to seem so "strange" to finally have a Fridge in the Values.Can't wait to see them!:)

If someone could post a picture of the new Value Refrigerators,it would be greatly appreciated.:)

Reports are they are similar to the Refrigerators that have been available to rent at the Values.:)

The new Refrigerators are going to be so cool!(pun intended;)):)

Yes,bring on the Coffee Pots and the WiFi!:)LOL

It is going to seem so "strange" to finally have a Fridge in the Values.Can't wait to see them!:)

I second the WiFi request!! So excited about the fridge's...now just give us WiFi, and i'll be set for October!!

I still wonder why it's such a big deal to you if the values get a refrigerator or beverage cooler. You seem to be very interested in speaking out against it. Highly unusual. If Disney is choosing to put beverage coolers or refrigerators then I am sure they have decided which "facts" are important to them. Why do you care? It's Disney's decision. :confused3

I'd guess that at least in part it is to stop from having to deal with all of the fridge swaps. Talk about a lot of wasted man power for no return on their money (wages).

I just returned from pop and no free fridge installed yet.

Thanks for the report.:)

The installation has just begun at POP,but it began on January 23 at All-Star Movies,so hopefully someone that stayed at Movies recently wil be along with a picture.:)

I was talking to my parents today, who are currently at the POP. They had a new entertainment stand with fridge installed in their room 2 days ago.

I was talking to my parents today, who are currently at the POP. They had a new entertainment stand with fridge installed in their room 2 days ago.
Awesome.:)

Thanks for the update.:)

Did they know refrigerators were comimg to POP or was it a "magical" surprise for them?:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter